untitled unmastered.
7%
DAMN.
No votes

Total votes: 15

samdoom

Kendrick- The Heart Pt 4 (IV)

Post by samdoom »

Am i really the first person to post anything about this? Figured the interwebz would be going nuts. He spazzed on this. Looks like the new album is dropping in 2 weeks too.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: Kendrick- The Heart Pt 4 (IV)

Post by Philaflava »

I hope he is talking about Drake but I think its just Big Sean.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

So good. Can't wait for the album.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

These old guys are totally out of the loop. I don't think k they know about "more life" yet...
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Ya the Kendrick joint is nice tho. Second beat woa. Time to snatch the crown back
1. Nas
2. Drake

step one

Post by step one »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:These old guys are totally out of the loop. I don't think k they know about "more life" yet...
Obviously you're much more on the cutting edge than everyone else on here but I'm pretty sure anyone using any sort of social media was aware it existed. I've got no interest in hearing anything he does but I'd seen it mentioned.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

No thanks. Shit's trash.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Murked Big Sean. Some great shots at Drake. This dude is a fucking champion.

Dap

Post by Dap »

I so often feel like im the only one who can't get on board the Kendrick hype train. Feel like his voice fuckin sucks and a lot of his psuedo intellectual shit falls flat. Just screams try hard in every sense of the term.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I feel like that about WSG. While Kendrick you can only stomach so much, when he raps he fucking raps.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Kendrick is dope and I generally like all his shit, but he aint Nas or Jay or Pun in their prime. So people need to dead all that shit. He's just not as good.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

blastmaster wrote:Murked Big Sean. Some great shots at Drake. This dude is a fucking champion.
Why does the fact that he's marking some clown fgts in the Pop Rap world matter so much? Who gives a shit? In the real HipHop world clowns like Drake and Big Sean are irrelevant. smh

And don't get me wrong, I think Kendra is dope for an MC/Rapper. I just don't like 95% of his music. Thank god he stopped doing that terrible alien voice though...

Lyric783

Post by Lyric783 »

But why won't K Dot go after some real gawdz like Cyrus Malachi and Figub Brazlevic to solidify his place in hip-hop.... His reputation would go thru da roof!
thefammcrew.bandcamp.com
spokenintellektape9.bandcamp.com

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
blastmaster wrote:Murked Big Sean. Some great shots at Drake. This dude is a fucking champion.
Why does the fact that he's marking some clown fgts in the Pop Rap world matter so much? Who gives a shit? In the real HipHop world clowns like Drake and Big Sean are irrelevant. smh

And don't get me wrong, I think Kendra is dope for an MC/Rapper. I just don't like 95% of his music. Thank god he stopped doing that terrible alien voice though...
Wtf is the real hip hop world? Can you expand on this?

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

The real Hip Hop world ended in like 1997.

And I will argue that any indie/underground whatever word you want to use to describe an artist trying to recreate what Tribe, De La, Gang Starr or whoever did in the 90's is just as fuckin bad as Big Sean and Drake.

Don't get me wrong, I can listen to an Eclipse Rap Is Outta Control show and vibe to some of the music, but that is because he is picking the very best that is out there. Some of the other stuff is just so bad. And it has been like that for years. Most of the shit Bobbito played on the CM FAM show towards the end was brutal.

There is no such thing as a "Real Hip Hop World" anymore. It's either good or it sucks. IMO anyway.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

pradadon wrote:The real Hip Hop world ended in like 1997.

And I will argue that any indie/underground whatever word you want to use to describe an artist trying to recreate what Tribe, De La, Gang Starr or whoever did in the 90's is just as fuckin bad as Big Sean and Drake.

Don't get me wrong, I can listen to an Eclipse Rap Is Outta Control show and vibe to some of the music, but that is because he is picking the very best that is out there. Some of the other stuff is just so bad. And it has been like that for years. Most of the shit Bobbito played on the CM FAM show towards the end was brutal.

There is no such thing as a "Real Hip Hop World" anymore. It's either good or it sucks. IMO anyway.
Thug Thursdays >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CM FAM show

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

step one wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:These old guys are totally out of the loop. I don't think k they know about "more life" yet...
Obviously you're much more on the cutting edge than everyone else on here but I'm pretty sure anyone using any sort of social media was aware it existed. I've got no interest in hearing anything he does but I'd seen it mentioned.
lmao at waiting ur whole life for grime to blow and bailing on it the minute drake gives em a global profile
1. Nas
2. Drake

step one

Post by step one »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
step one wrote:
lmao at waiting ur whole life for grime to blow and bailing on it the minute drake gives em a global profile
Right. I mean, I hadn't mentioned grime and I never really liked it much apart from a couple of songs but if you really want to hold on to that worst poster title two years in a row you just do you.

The irony in calling people old and out of the loop when you think no one knew about grime until Drake came along though.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Philaflava wrote:I hope he is talking about Drake but I think its just Big Sean.
exactly. meh. this guessing game shit is weaksauce actually. :fail:

it makes me not want to hear it being so blatantly aimed at someone, but being so blatantly hidden about it. how serious can you be if you won't say names, bruh bruh? :bunk:

at least with Drake's sub-subliminals, it's pretty clear who they are aimed at. :gyeah:

Kendrick needs to shit or get off the pot for the throne now. Let's be clear like Funk Flex :omar:

the song isn't that bad... but it's also not AMAZING lyrically.

K.Dot is lucky the standard of rapping is so low in '17. Kendrick would be above average in '93 :cas:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

pradadon wrote:Kendrick is dope, but he aint Nas or Jay or Pun in their prime. So people need to dead all that shit. He's just not as good.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

i'm sayin.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^GKMC is better than any of their albums tho
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

step one wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
step one wrote:
Right. I mean, I hadn't mentioned grime and I never really liked it much apart from a couple of songs but if you really want to hold on to that worst poster title two years in a row you just do you.

The irony in calling people old and out of the loop when you think no one knew about grime until Drake came along though.
Grime artist going plat=100k records. More life outsold every grime album OAT and it's more widespread geographically.

All that, and Skepta still can't make a good song.
1. Nas
2. Drake

step one

Post by step one »

Um, OK. Why are you going on about grime and Drake in a thread about Kendrick though?

Do you need someone to talk to?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

You need to stop engaging me. I'm like one of those beach vendors in Barcelona. As long as u maintain eye contact I won't leave u alone.
1. Nas
2. Drake

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:You need to stop engaging me. I'm like one of those beach vendors in Barcelona. As long as u maintain eye contact I won't leave u alone.

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

pradadon wrote:Kendrick is dope, but he aint Nas or Jay or Pun in their prime.
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:^GKMC is better than any of their albums tho
remove that sig homie

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^cool substantive comments bros.

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1475-what ... butterfly/

pitchfork rundown of activity since butterfly. doesn't mention the reports in mid 2016 that he was recording with metro.
1. Nas
2. Drake

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

GKMC is not better than:

illmatic
IWW
Reasonable Doubt
Blueprint
Black Album
Capital Punishment

It is better than any Drake album, however.

And I really like Kendrick but let's be real b

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^fair, i know this is not an argument i'm gonna win on here. it didn't occur to me until my friend made the bold, random claim: GKMC>illmatic. i'm like nah son. it can't be. then i realized that was closed-minded thinking, i wasn't really comparing them. what GKMC does better than any of the albums you mentioned is tell an emotionally resonant story that changes the protagonist, and by extension the listener. unlike say illmatic it's way more than the sum of all the songs included -- its "X-factor" is huge.
1. Nas
2. Drake

step one

Post by step one »

Haven't seen someone this desperate for an argument or some sort of human interaction since Employee's last breakdown.