GZA- Liquid Swords
20%
Ghostface KIllah- Iron Man
18%

Total votes: 45

stype_ones

Pick Your Favorite

Post by stype_ones »

I'm bent and just smoked a spliff. Wife is not happy about this, but I'm on some :wutang: shit right now. Apparently I shouldn't light a spliff of grand daddy in the crib. :fail: Not getting that nut off tonight most likely. Pick your favorite from these classics..

step one

Re: Pick Your Favorite

Post by step one »

Of all time, Cuban Links, but I played it so much I only tend to want hear certain songs now. I'd be more inclined to listen to Ironman all the way through these days as I didn't overplay it as much when it came out.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

OB4CL is the best IMO, but I prefer Iron man cuz of the soul factor.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Ironman

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Forever OB4CL has been my favorite, but Ironman is right there. Hard for me to call, but I am going to go with Rae. Ironman is fuckin exceptional, though and it really doesn't get enough love in terms of best albums of the 90's. All of these albums are really stellar. Tical is my least favorite.

Do you think Tical was a huge disappointment?

I know this is some old ass TROY topic and been done to death but I was lit last night and that always brings out the nostalgic side of me.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Ironman over OBFCL.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Lol at Tical on this list

Cuban linx is somehow expected to be amazing, and it is every time I listen to it, but there's something about Ironman that's unexpected. Like whenever you listen to it, there's moments on the album that get you like "this shit is even more incredible than I remember". If that makes any sense...

One more thing to note about Ironman is that since it came out later than Cuban Linx, it marked a further progression in Ghost & Rae's stream of consciousness rhyme styles while still having the top notch RZA production that all the first batch of wu solos enjoyed (sans tical)

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

pradadon wrote: Do you think Tical was a huge disappointment?
One of the worst rush jobs Def Jam ever did. The album is beyond disappointment.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Philaflava wrote:
One of the worst rush jobs Def Jam ever did. The album is beyond disappointment.
Agreed

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

OBFCL is better but I prefer Liquid Swords in terms of front to back replay value. both are classics though

admiral

Post by admiral »

step one wrote:Of all time, Cuban Links, but I played it so much I only tend to want hear certain songs now. I'd be more inclined to listen to Ironman all the way through these days as I didn't overplay it as much when it came out.
Same here, although Wildflower is cringe-worthy

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

samdoom wrote:OBFCL is better but I prefer Liquid Swords in terms of front to back replay value. both are classics though
Liquid swords is amazing, but imo from a rapping standpoint, Ghost & Rae's styles have aged better than GZA's...

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Agreed
Why do you guys think this? I think the other three all better than it, but I don't understand this hate at all? Maybe it's different because of timing. I heard the album over 10 years after it came out when I was in high school.

Cuban Linx by the way.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

poisonous
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
samdoom wrote:OBFCL is better but I prefer Liquid Swords in terms of front to back replay value. both are classics though
Liquid swords is amazing, but imo from a rapping standpoint, Ghost & Rae's styles have aged better than GZA's...
werd but we're not digging up wu records for something cutting edge.... liquid swords is a tighter+more focused product
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Agreed

Same. But I'd add that it was more , for me, a case of the production being shitty. I know people who LOVE that album but to me it was hard to sit through and waste of Meth in his peak.

step one

Post by step one »

Not sure which part of the technical process let down Tical but if RZA was going for a dusty blunted sound (as opposed to it being mixed/mastered badly) it backfired because sonically the album sounds like shit.

Bring The Pain is still very good though
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Production on tical wasnt up to par save maybe a few tracks and Meth is pretty one dementional subject matter wise

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

yeah its absolutely crazy how much better the beats are on ironman, ob4cl and liquid swords than tical...basically rza went dumpster diving for all the 36 chamber throwaway tracks and made an album for meth

really suprised this isnt a close three way race...always thought ironman, ob4cl and liquid swords depended on your tastes but that people tastes were basically divided evenly between the three

ironman is my shit

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

I feel like odb's album isn't getting any credit here. It's a damn good album for sure.