General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: Biggie vs 2pac - who won lyrically?

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:
"my team in the marine blue" - holy fuck that's REALLY suspicious and dangerous for Biggie to say and always leaves this song with hella sinister vibes... were Crips tied up with Biggie and Puffy :
Kinda goes hand in hand with..

Dare I squeeze three at your Cherry M3
Bang every emcee easily
:killacam: :naswtf: :killacam:

o rly? and who was this about?

and oh yeah, thanks Glossy. 'Mama Said' was '90. Holy fuck, 28 years ago?! Sheeit... we got a few fucking years up in this shit :cheers:

(Cool Story, Bro: I was in a group hip hop trivia contest last month and they did a 'debut albums year' segment... I put 'Licensed To Ill' in 87 instead of 86... and got it WRONG. The white guy in our group went to the bathroom and didn't see that I changed the answer by accident. He came back too late to change it, and when it was announced, THE LOOK ON HIS FACE WAS :sad: x :bunk: when I said "I didn't buy the Beastie Boys album when it came out, sorry I didn't remember the year!" Lesson: NEVER QUESTION A WHITE PERSON'S KNOWLEDGE OF BEASTIE BOYS :rofl: )

Yeah so :naswtf: is this about Biggie having no career without Puffy? Philaflava is passing around some GOOD ASS CRACK lately! Put Biggie Smalls on Def Jam or put Biggie Smalls on Loud Records, and VOILA fuck what you talmbout :cas:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:^ yeah, "dig a hole".

i'm probably the biggest canibus fan here, but 2nd round KO is mediocre. dude is great as dissing the 'hypothetical 2nd person' but could never translate that to a dis track.

speaking of which, anyone have that compilation of guest verses+radio appearances that went up on this site around 2010/2011? it started off with 100 bars on the radio to promote 2000BC, including a challenge to wannabes to come battle him outside the hot97 building.
That the one with the Oh No freestlye on it? If so, I might have it. Will have to do some digging but let me know.

step one

Post by step one »

I'd almost forgotten that Mindbender's terrible rap opinions and analysis puts EDM in the shade.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

step one wrote:I'd almost forgotten that Mindbender's terrible rap opinions and analysis puts EDM in the shade.
He's second only to dids.

#NEVERFORGET

ric

Post by ric »

never was a big fan of ether.
good job finding the original hit em up is better
as far as 'who won this round' it's tough to say no to an entire team dis track. but at the same time the sweetest part of that pac beat is the 'get money' refrain... just saying

mud

Post by mud »

Long Kiss Goodnight is the greatest rap song of all time.

That is all.
"Catch me in the corner not speaking"

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:
"my team in the marine blue" - holy fuck that's REALLY suspicious and dangerous for Biggie to say and always leaves this song with hella sinister vibes... were Crips tied up with Biggie and Puffy :
Kinda goes hand in hand with..

Dare I squeeze three at your Cherry M3
Bang every emcee easily
:killacam: :naswtf: :killacam:

o rly? and who was this about?
Well Tupac was killed in a BMW...although not an M3.
And he was rolling with Bloods....hence Cherry red.

I could be reaching since cherry M3s were popular in NY in the 90s (so the internet says).

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

"When we rolled up that nigga was shook...no vest, no heat...leaping around like a fish!"

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Mindbender I think what you don't get is at the end of the day this is a sport... This is like cowboy fighting Masvidal for no reason in Denver when he had a title fight path... Cool dood Canibus dropped some dope lines man... He has crack teeth and LL is a rap God... He thought he coulda anchor fucking pun... We get it you're hip hop and lyrics is everything brah but Canibus lost badly... In life... To L... Eminem... To diz... To himself... I don't know how anybody can look at that battle and think he won... And this is not a sad story like if Tyson got blindsided and whooped from the side by some young guy... What Tyson did is cemented in history... Hell what beans did is cemented in history... Canibus has had far fewer wins than losses and LL ate his fucking lunch and then was disgusted by it because it probably had gmos... Nigga LL is the king... Who the fuck are you?

Also cosign whoever said biggie would have been nothing without puff... Biggie would have gotten wack fast with him but his stardom would have been big l level if not for puff

Please understand biggie offered to suck on your daddy's dick and apparently has goons that will fuck your little child and toss him over a bridge... And still NOTHING is gayer than eating another niggas ass... End of story
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

https://nypost.com/2019/07/17/tupac-sup ... in-rapper/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tupac superfan ousted from government job after constant emails about slain rapper

July 17, 2019 | 2:30am | Updated

Only God can judge him — but the governor of Iowa can fire him.

A Tupac Shakur superfan who worked as the director of Iowa’s social services agency was forced out of the position last month after two years of sending emails to other workers about the slain rapper, an investigation by the Associated Press revealed.

Jerry Foxhoven, 66, routinely sent other employees messages that included inspirational quotes from Tupac songs and other messages about the rapper, according to 350 pages of email reviewed by the news agency.

Foxhaven also hosted “Tupac Fridays” in his office, where he would play Tupac’s raps, and even celebrated his 65th birthday with Tupac-themed cookies.

Some staffers at the agency thanked Foxhaven for the notes and praised him for the positive attitude his Tupac emails brought to the work environment.

“I love your 2pac messages … and the fact that you still send them (despite the haters) makes me appreciate them even more,” employee Lisa Bender wrote to him in an undated email.

But at least one employee complained to state lawmakers about the hip-hop messages last year.

Then, last month, Foxhaven sent an agency-wide email telling workers to celebrate Tupac’s birthday over a weekend. Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds told him to resign from his post his next scheduled work day.

The governor’s office would not elaborate on whether his Tupac emails played a role in his resignation.

Foxhaven said Reynolds decided to “go in a different direction” with the agency and doubts his emails had any influence on the decision.