GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: Biggie vs 2pac - who won lyrically?

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

And as far as pac disses go, drop a gem on em > long kiss goodnight

Rabbi Jihadovich

Post by Rabbi Jihadovich »

This song > 2nd round KO

Biggie > Tupac in every respect outside the diss tracks. I still shout "MY 44 MAKE SURE ALL YOUR KIDS DONT GROW" at random like i got tourette.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Rabbi Jihadovich wrote:

This song > 2nd round KO

Biggie > Tupac in every respect outside the diss tracks. I still shout "MY 44 MAKE SURE ALL YOUR KIDS DONT GROW" at random like i got tourette.
2pac > biggie

Biggie's career was just way too short. 2pac was very prolific and a large majority of his music is very good.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

^LOL no.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

if we're gonna talk LL joints...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Thank you.

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

Best mix down of "Let's Be Friends"

Mash on my so-called comp, Who's The Man?
While I'm tuggin' on your main bitch hand
Understand this, Ain't No Nigga like me, Fuck Jay-Z
He broke and I smoke daily!

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

The irony of that tho.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:hit em up is the greatest dis track that will ever be recorded

No Vaseline. Something I'm sure you are familiar with.
:bunk:

'No Vaseline' is when it goes too far.

'Hit Em Up' is when it goes WAY too far.

I love Ice Cube like lemonade does (no Beyonce) but Cube didn't channel rhyme fury like Tupac did.

'Long Kiss Goodnight' is a fucking masterpiece though and only shitbird simpletons don't bow to its greatness :bow:

I think 'B!tch In Yoo' is more :copy: to Cube than 'No Vaseline' was to NWA... but that's just me. KANYESHRUG

'No Vaseline' was :hooray: though and it was awesome to learn that DJ Yella loved it when he first heard it and admitted Cube won

still... Tupac was the realest, most vicious, most hardcore, least subliminal, most direct, most "these are NOT just words" lyricist probably ever, so he wins

'Long Kiss Goodnight' is one of the best things RZA has ever made though :wutang:
A diss song can never go "too far". Fuck outta here

Versive

Post by Versive »

Versive wrote:IMO, it's gotta be about the song more than the reality of the situation. Hence, Tupac and no it's not close.

That said, greatest diss track of all time is a different thread and fuck it ... by the logic above, 2nd Rd. KO > both of these little diddies.
Blockhead wrote:^The problem with 2nd round knockout is that Canibus made it and he's the worst. Most petty diss track of all time, imo. A best diss track thread would be dope, btw.
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
but... canibus prematurely terminated his career, got dropped from universal, and made an album as the character stan

and LL did a song with Jlo
:lol:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote: 2nd round KO is amazing until that eating ass line comes into play...
At which point it becomes better than amazing?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Eminem's diss tracks to benzino are some of my favorite diss tracks ever. So thorough and just relelentless.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Versive wrote:
Versive wrote:IMO, it's gotta be about the song more than the reality of the situation. Hence, Tupac and no it's not close.

That said, greatest diss track of all time is a different thread and fuck it ... by the logic above, 2nd Rd. KO > both of these little diddies.
Blockhead wrote:^The problem with 2nd round knockout is that Canibus made it and he's the worst. Most petty diss track of all time, imo. A best diss track thread would be dope, btw.
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
but... canibus prematurely terminated his career, got dropped from universal, and made an album as the character stan

and LL did a song with Jlo
:lol:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote: 2nd round KO is amazing until that eating ass line comes into play...
Lol more like it becomes cringe inducing and you instantly remember why you avoid listening to it

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Blockhead wrote:Eminem's diss tracks to benzino are some of my favorite diss tracks ever. So thorough and just relelentless.
the sauce & nail in the coffin. but there's also those 3 "invasion" freestyles for green lantern's tapes. peak em
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
Blockhead wrote:Eminem's diss tracks to benzino are some of my favorite diss tracks ever. So thorough and just relelentless.
the sauce & nail in the coffin. but there's also those 3 "invasion" freestyles for green lantern's tapes. peak em
G unit mixtape era thugged out eminem>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
Word

G unit mixtape era thugged out eminem>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:

Ev's Bobby Fisher was cool tho.

Versive

Post by Versive »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Versive wrote:
Lol more like it becomes cringe inducing and you instantly remember why you avoid listening to it
It's just stupid 90s slang, wouldn't make me cringe so hard that I thought the rest of the song was wack or anything. I remember seeing that bar quoted in The Source or XXL at some point actually and not ironically! Shit, Rae and Ghost have rapped about "blowin niggas" for the better part of three decades.

We could do a whole thread on whether "99% of your fans don't exist" is a good comeback or retarded bullshit.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Versive wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Versive wrote:
It's just stupid 90s slang, wouldn't make me cringe so hard that I thought the rest of the song was wack or anything. I remember seeing that bar quoted in The Source or XXL at some point actually and not ironically!

We could do a whole thread on whether "99% of your fans don't exist" is a good comeback or retarded bullshit.
What was having skills to eat another man's ass slang for? :killacam:

Versive

Post by Versive »

To eat him, I believe, meant to annihilate him. Like "I'll chew you up and spit you out." That type of thing.

And I mean, I was barely a teenager at the time, but I don't remember people talking about "eating ass" in a sexual way back then. I'm sure it was done, but it was't part of the popular nomenclature ala eat the booty like groceries.

(This was the thread's inevitable conclusion. You're all welcome.)

Gyangsta 4 Life

Eminem' most entertaining disses were the ones against Everlast. "I Remember", "Quitter", and "Girls".

And 2nd Round Knockout was always underwhelming to me. Plus LL's response is slept on.

Where you at? Smokin' in some one room flat?
Suckin' off Clef's dick, hoping to come back

Versive

Post by Versive »

LL's response is not slept on. Most people acknowledge that he won the battle. It says as much in the fucking BEEF special if memory serves.

Just, instead of having a video starring Mike Tyson, it was tucked on the It's Dark and Hell Is Hot Def Jam sampler disc lol.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Again though, when it comes down to what's the better song, the same logic Gloss and others on here have used to explain why Takeover is better than Ether (which I disagree with in that case), "Can I Bus" does not have the skills to eat the ass of "2nd Round Knockout." Nor does "Long Kiss Goodnight" put to sleep "Hit em Up."

Versive

Post by Versive »

Is "You're soft as a newborn baby taking a nap / Made my dick hard with that bitchass track" not equally cringe worthy?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:Eminem' most entertaining disses were the ones against Everlast. "I Remember", "Quitter", and "Girls".
now that you mention it...

1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:And as far as pac disses go, drop a gem on em > long kiss goodnight
No doubt, but still, the fact Big never addressed the beef on record prior to Long Kiss Goodnight, waited till he died, then freestyled the song on LA radio while out there, adds to the song.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Versive wrote:
meanwhile that's like literally the greatest diss ever delivered... that was straight fall on your ass father to son hilariousness... there isn't a leveling better than that line... he won the battle with one line... LL murked canibus... he basically fed into his own delusion and said 99 percent of those fans that you think exist... the bullshit that has your head so gassed that you think you can anchor a session with fucking Big Pun at the table... they don't exist... 99 percent of your delusional fanbase isn't real crackhead... LL absolutely destroyed Canibus... like lightwork... Canibus could have come back with ANYTHING... and that line instantly ended the battle forever... "I'm LL Cool J and you're who?"... not even close
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

:leon:

and to Everlast. Jesus fuck that song "Quitter" is :copy:

but also "Whiteys Revenge" is also really :ohsh: and Eminem didn't reply to it. Ever! :lol:

It's the TRUTH that makes the dis songs the BEST. Fuck all the exaggeration and childish shit talk.

"Rap career's over/ better off acting" - super knockout punch to Ice Cube at the time. Com murked him rapping yet even knew that we all still loved 'Boyz n tha Hood' and nobody could front on it

"my team in the marine blue" - holy fuck that's REALLY suspicious and dangerous for Biggie to say and always leaves this song with hella sinister vibes... were Crips tied up with Biggie and Puffy that much?
"heard it through the grapevine you got fucked four times/ damn that 3 to 9 fucked you up for real though" - :sad: Biggie said some really cold ass shit to Tupac here, and honestly, hip hop was NEVER the same after Tupac got out of jail. Rumor I heard was Pac got raped 5 times in jail. Heartbreaking.

"that's why I fucked your b!tch, you fat motherfucker" - :ohsh: them's fighting words? um, probably. Tupac really having sex with Faith Evans takes battle rap to Shakespearean levels of warfare, and Biggie is so fucking pimp about it, he can flip the situation into a timeless quotable: "If Fay have twins, she probably have Two Pacs/ get it? 2 Pacs" :hooray:

so in comparison:

LL Cool J flipping Canibus's accurate "99% of your fans wear high heels" dis into "99% of your fans don't exist" is probably the most childish, lamest, idiotic rebuttal on record, ever, in battle rap history. Canibus had the most fans he EVER had when LL Cool J dropped that record. If anything, LL's fans didn't exist nearly as much as he thought they did, and his Hollywood hype is what gassed him to say such a fucking exaggerated claim like it was true or hardcore. Shit was lame as fuck. Just like it was lame as fuck that LL Cool J TRULY DID change his verse after hearing what Canibus said on '4,3,2,1', including the fact that all of Canibus's lyrics on it are WAY fucking better than LL's. Fucking FACTS make for the best punchlines. Fuck this reckless idiocy.

And LMFAO at Raekwon and Ghostface been talmbout "blowin n!ggas" for decades. It's all about INFLECTION :rofl: Rae & Ghost always rap like they're going to fucking rob you and kill you, or they are crying because they just did kill you but forgot to rob you. Even IF they were talkin bout literally "blowjobbing n!ggas", they would be on some :omar: shit and dudes would be dropping dead after they nutt from sheer fear, LOL

Canibus's inflection on "eat a n!gga's ass like me" is not 80's era Mike Tyson enough hahahha :booty:

Biggie said most of his homosexual shit with such hardcore conviction and/or hilarious surprise, most people didn't publicly even register it until long after... even though some of it was REALLY fucking :naswtf:
n!ggas test they luck, and they get a butt fuckin/ straight up the ass raw dog with a rash
where dey do dat, Poppa? :shittylikesometp: :lol:
what part of the game is that? :naswtf: I'ma NOT be treated like someone's daughter tied up in THAT brooklyn basement :megaman:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Versive

Post by Versive »

gusty wingers wrote:
Versive wrote:
meanwhile that's like literally the greatest diss ever delivered... that was straight fall on your ass father to son hilariousness... there isn't a leveling better than that line... he won the battle with one line... LL murked canibus... he basically fed into his own delusion and said 99 percent of those fans that you think exist... the bullshit that has your head so gassed that you think you can anchor a session with fucking Big Pun at the table... they don't exist... 99 percent of your delusional fanbase isn't real crackhead... LL absolutely destroyed Canibus... like lightwork... Canibus could have come back with ANYTHING... and that line instantly ended the battle forever... "I'm LL Cool J and you're who?"... not even close
Right, that's the prevailing narrative. But the counter-argument would of course be you can't quantify a zero sum by percentage.

:smugkid:

Gyangsta 4 Life

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Blockhead wrote:were Crips tied up with Biggie and Puffy that much?
Have you seen the Murder Rap documentary? Keefe D tells the whole story.

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

Rabbi Jihadovich wrote:

This song > 2nd round KO
This might be the worst rebuttle song of all time. I still remember when this came out and everyone was like :bunk:

"Maneuver manipulate brainwaves transform
Your thought process, when my pen gets caressed"

:lol: wat

So fucking bad. Wack ass pseudo-scientific shit. L only recovered when he took it back to his street style...