Let's get real here...

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

gusty wingers

Let's get real here...

Post by gusty wingers »

Is Ka the best rapper out right now?

With an absolutely impeccable catalogue... part of the legendary Natural Elements crew... he is Cormega 2.0... I have never heard a rapper that so easily weaves poetic street tales like Ka...

Grief Pedigree is flawless... Night's Gambit... EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES IS FLAWLESS... no he'll never crossover but as lyricism stands today, is Ka the best lyricist/rapper from the era of what we consider rhyming?

You'll say Roc... I say NAHHHHHHHHH B
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Re: Let's get real here...

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

absolutely not, most certainly not, of course not, under no circumstances, by no means, not at all, negative
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

I mean it would help if you gave a rivaling emcee... You might find him boring or have your reasons but I would like to see who you feel is a better lyricist today with the same consistent output (not elzhi) to atleast get barometer of where you are on the scale of retard...

Ka is the nicest emcee out right now... I could honestly come here post endless quotables... if it wouldn't kill my high right now I would and maybe tomorrow I will... Nobody right now is truly saying the shit he says and putting you there like they did during the golden era... Roc obv comes to mind... I am never going to get on board with Conway just off the basis of his face to be the realest... and the other one can really get annoying... drop some names that aren't Drake and I'll atleast know we're in the same world

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

he's an acquired taste that most of society won't ever gravitate towards.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

no high fives everything underhand

i'm david on pavements, sling another stone

i'm a fresh fest, you a summer jam :rofl:

started clapping my little man, was unwrapping his blow pop
shot in the face never got to taste the sour apple
strays from the treys put him down like a power tackle

ka is retarded

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

nobody is asking will he blow up... is he the nicest emcee today lyrically... is anybody more consistent than him right NOW? the answer is pretty much no... it's very tough and outside of maybe 2 people I can't think of (RIP Price)... No... not a single rapper today has a better catalogue than Ka... I can see Roc being the only argument and in reality... no... even if you feel his music is better... on paper Ka is the best emcee in the game right now... GIVE IT UP

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

and I fear I might have to specify this... we're excluding washed up rappers or legends here... we're talking active wolves... lyrical monsters... maybe asia beats him but LYRICALLY it's not even close... Asia might make doper music... Maybe Spit Gemz? (enter laughter)... Gemz is pretty lyrically retarded and on paper is extremely next level... Priest just came to mind but he kind of is falling into legend/washed up level for me... Trag is still dropping dope shit...

I Smell Like Un Kasa

I don't find him boring, he's dope, I like his stuff a lot, but "best rapper" is a huge stretch. I preferred his style when he was down with Natural Elements, he had more energy and intensity. His music is rich in content, but unremarkable in delivery.

EDIT: and fuck Drake, I've heard 3 Drake songs in my life and that's enough for me. I don't have a "favorite rapper", I listen to thousands of different groups with equal vigor, from the 80s to 2017.
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

I need names here or we're going nowhere... who is better lyrically? Or I guess you're talking music in general... while I disagree with your view of his music I understand it... but again on paper is there lyrically a better rapper? If so who? He has an unbelievably unique style that you might find boring but it's quite special... his voice sometimes acts as an instrument... on songs like "summer" his voice gets almost lost in the mix and the poetic value of his lyrics gems to be found... I don't find a more enjoyable emcee but I understand those that do... lyrically I need names before you dethrone him... he's the king right now...

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

i'm also new york enough to give you the nod if you say thirstin howl (same hood... again not as active/hungry)... but again it's not on paper... nobody is a better rhyme writer today than Ka...

I guess it could be Royce but I wouldn't know because his beat selection is fucking morbid... he's always been a monster lyrically though

if anybody disagrees... in the words of Ka "i'm the hustle, you the running man" :rofl: fuck out

oh and spoiler alert... if anybody is going to think this shit is basic and corny... I can get endless multi syllable quotes going... Ka is the most polished rapper today and it's almost not close
Last edited by gusty wingers on Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

I Smell Like Un Kasa

I really don't care who is better lyrically, I don't sit down and have self-discussions about who is the illest rapper. I'm not trying to "dethrone" him, I listen to his music, but I'm not on his dick. I listen to so much hip hop it would be ridiculous for me to put someone (like KA) above everyone else.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

just stirring up some discussion and life into the forum... would be cool if you could name some emcees you feel honestly are better lyrically than Ka... you basically said you don't give a fuck about lyrics... you don't care who is better lyrically? wtf world is this? so sad... the nba is the wnba... football will be flag football in 10 years... people are committing "micro transgressions"... men are masquerading around as women using the little girls bathroom... nobody cares if g rap is better than rakim or kane... you are probably wearing jeans tighter than frog pussy... I can't get real with you guys but I love everyone here <3

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Gloss should just change my name to Skip Bayless...

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

gusty wingers wrote:just stirring up some discussion and life into the forum... would be cool if you could name some emcees you feel honestly are better lyrically than Ka... you basically said you don't give a fuck about lyrics... you don't care who is better lyrically? wtf world is this? so sad... the nba is the wnba... football will be flag football in 10 years... people are committing "micro transgressions"... men are masquerading around as women using the little girls bathroom... nobody cares if g rap is better than rakim or kane... you are probably wearing jeans tighter than frog pussy... I can't get real with you guys but I love everyone here <3
:rofl:

For what it's worth, I personally think that Days With Dr. Yen Lo album is a classic.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

they are honestly all classics... that yen lo is one of those albums where the trained mind likes it the first time around, most people don't get it at all, and it grows with each listen and eventually you're sitting there stoned realizing that this is the dopest album of 2015... Ka is real deal holyfield

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

speaking of thirstin.

he dropped this last month.

if flavor of the month rapper in 2017 dropped this, it would be called trash.

i call it underwhelming no matter who made it.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Lol yeah... Yikes... Especially the trump killing... Corny af

Dap

Post by Dap »

I consider him the best writer in hiphop right now. Every line is 100 percent gold. His wordplay is insane

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

Dap wrote:I consider him the best writer in hiphop right now. Every line is 100 percent gold. His wordplay is insane
:cheers:

it really is. his albums have incredible replay value

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

FUCKOUTTAHERE!!

I really can't stand him with his gay ass whisper raps!! Not to mention the fact he spits over mostly lame "beats" with no drums. Get real!!

sleazy_j wrote:he's an acquired taste that most of society won't ever gravitate towards.
Yup! Agreed 100%.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

you're not real hip hop if you think this is wack... and you're also corny talking about shit society will gravitate towards and then in the same breath claiming to be some real underground hardcore hip hop head... you're mad confused bro

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

"Downtime" is one of the only joints I like by Ka. There's another joint on that same album which also has drums that I like. Other then that, the other 90% or more of his catalog is fuckin GAY!!!!!!!!!!

And yeah, I agreed with dude who said that Ka was "an acquired taste that most of society won't ever gravitate towards." So fuckin what? I know the same could be said for PLENTY of the dope "real" HipHop shit that I listen to. It's not like I'm tryin to say otherwise, dumbfuck! smh

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

:ignore:

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

gusty wingers wrote: :ignore:
Of course! Cuz that's exactly what bitchmade fgts do. Just sayin...

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

He's the man, and one of my favorite rappers in the game right now, but his catalogue is overrated on here. The only great album, that I guess I can see some people claim is a classic, is Grief Pedigree. Night's Gambit, DWYLO, & HKTS are all good albums, but by no means classics.

And yeah, without question Roc > Ka.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Ka is great but he needs to diversify the production he chooses to rap on. Most notably, his rhyming over production with no drums shtick is wearing thin...

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Ka is a way better writer than roc is

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

pretty girls like ka
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

I Smell Like Un Kasa

gutsy wings is a faggot, my work here is done

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Ka is by far the worst Cirque show if you want to get into that instead...