Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: RIP Prodigy

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Future flavas remix

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) wrote:Classical breaks are such a crucial part of QB thun-rap. Someone needs to do a comp of them and call it Right Bach At You! :gyeah:
:lol:

Much needed laugh right there

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

step one wrote:I'd been slowly putting together a comp of P's freestyles recently. Was looking for more but there's 10 so far so seemed like enough to warrant posting. Some of these were linked to in my post on the previous page

https://www.mediafire.com/?73qsqy0gp4lyvxt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

01- Mobb Deep - WKCR freestyle (Sept 94)
02- Prodigy & Ty Nitty - DJ Clue freestyle (1996) over 'Motherless Child'
03- Prodigy - You Ain't A Killer freestyle (1997)
04- Prodigy - When You See Me (2001) dissing Jay Z over 'Hail Mary'
05- E Money Bags & Prodigy - Sooner Or Later (2000) over 'Phone Tap'
06- Prodigy - 50 MCs Vol 3 freestyle
07- Prodigy - Radio 1 Rap Show freestyle part one (April 2000)
08- Prodigy - Radio 1 Rap Show freestyle part two (April 2000)
09- Prodigy - Radio 1 Rap Show freestyle part three (April 2000) over The LOX 'Fuck You'
10 - Prodigy - Kay Slay freestyle (2000) over Wu Tang 'Uzi (Pinky Ring)'

can someone ID the beats on the first 2 Radio 1 Rap Show freestyles? They're pretty obvious but I;m drawing a blank right now.
Thanks bro

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:Another random point, don't think any rapper's voice has ever been sampled as much as P's. Thought about this a couple years ago when TROY did the Brother's Want to Hang with the Meth mix. I'm sure there's dozens that i'm forgetting, but these three come to mind right away.

Add that shit to the list

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Does anyone have this dirty? This is the ill version of Rep The QBC. I rarely ever see it anywhere and never found it on youtube. Love this joint.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qo6n9o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

https://mega.nz/#!krRlFDDA!cpY_54tMmmAK ... E6TCPbZlWg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mobb Deep - Scam (Thrill me) 45 King Remix

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Cloudkickers (DJ Eli) remix

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Sticking with some of his more well known cuts, remember seeing the video for this back in '04 when it came out and getting put on to Alchemist. The way P & Illah Ghee go back and forth is just so dope. When he developed that style post HNIC where his lines wouldn't always rhyme, but just the way he delivered them was so powerful.

'For the drama and the shooting, then I take bullets and die to...'

abstractq

Post by abstractq »

[quote="Rhyme 4 Rhyme"]Another random point, don't think any rapper's voice has ever been sampled as much as P's. Thought about this a couple years ago when TROY did the Brother's Want to Hang with the Meth mix. I'm sure there's dozens that i'm forgetting, but these three come to mind right away.

[youtube]72Ln2KYOVqM[/youtube]

[youtube]lqozyKanYFg[/youtube]

[youtube]-bBtIFs0k3o[/youtube][/quote]

Nas probably been sampled the most, but Prodigy up there for sure

RIP to Prodigy though. . .him raekwon and Nas were like the definition of NY MCing when i was in high school and early college

step one

Post by step one »

Shook Ones pt 1 - unreleased Beatnuts remix

https://soundcloud.com/jamo609/mobb-deep-shook-ones-beatnuts-remix
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Did anyone cop the late gawd's cookbook?

https://www.amazon.com/Commissary-Kitch ... 0997146230" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

lololol
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

I BEEN saying that it's a GOD DAMN BLESSING that QB P didn't get shot, stabbed or knuckled down, nor did he die in a car crash. He beat the prison system and he escaped the police enough to taste international freedom, though so many from Queensbridge and Lefrak will never do the same. No Amerikkkan evil conquered him: he died while on tour of the one thing that was always hovering over his head: that god damn sickle cell anemia. I thought this day might have come 20 years ago, so it's a fucking miracle Prodigy blessed us with NUFFFFFFFF fucking music to enjoy until this piece of shit hell on earth destroys itself :cry:

#RIPProdigy for real forever

now he can drink Henny with Killa Black and finally make that song with Tupac
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

I just googled " life expectancy for those with sickle cell"

This was the answer:

"Among children and adults with sickle cell anemia (homozygous for sickle hemoglobin), the median age at death was 42 years for males and 48 years for females. Among those with sickle cell-hemoglobin C disease, the median age at death was 60 years for males and 68 years for females."

Crazy that he was 42.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Steezel Weezel

Post by Steezel Weezel »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:When he developed that style post HNIC where his lines wouldn't always rhyme, but just the way he delivered them was so powerful.
yeah my dude, like "Mac 10 Handle" love how he starts

"By myself in my four cornered room watching "Hard Boiled" /
I feel like I'm crazy..."

No rhyme, obviously, but shit just immediately puts you in the scene with him. Powerful bars, worthy sequel to "Mind Playing Tricks"

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

I'm honestly waiting for the autopsy to see if he really choked on an egg. Seems like one hell of a way to go. I am skeptical, but the way Havoc described Prodigy's condition (being up and walking and seemingly on the mend) makes it sound like something unexpected happened. Who knows though obviously. Sickle cell complications could've certainly been the case.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

I live in vegas and can tell you the vegas heat isn't fun...
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

remember this?

https://www.wired.com/2008/01/prodigy-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Prodigy was like 5'6 and had a heart of a giant. There wasn't one rapper he was afraid to go after and he got into it with the best. From Pac, Nas and Jay, he took his lumps. He put guys like Fat Joe on front street. I loved his courage, the honesty and the heart.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Philaflava wrote:Prodigy was like 5'6 and had a heart of a giant. There wasn't one rapper he was afraid to go after and he got into it with the best. From Pac, Nas and Jay, he took his lumps. He put guys like Fat Joe on front street. I loved his courage, the honesty and the heart.
Guy called Supreme a bitch without hesitation...

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Philaflava wrote:Prodigy was like 5'6 and had a heart of a giant. There wasn't one rapper he was afraid to go after and he got into it with the best. From Pac, Nas and Jay, he took his lumps. He put guys like Fat Joe on front street. I loved his courage, the honesty and the heart.
Well said.

I'm devastated about him passing, but I'm also very happy to see all the attention he's getting right now. Everyone seems to be showing love, no hating.

Do you have a prodigy/mobb tribute show in the works? We need that...

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:Do you have a prodigy/mobb tribute show in the works? We need that...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

As some of you may know, we @ Take It Personal were dedicating our next few episodes to West Coast Classics. For the past few weeks, we’ve been compiling tracks, gathering ideas, calling on the big homies @murs316 @fashawn @planetasiamedallions @therealhierocrew and a gang of others for some help. 3 days ago the music world got rocked (again). We lost one of the best in hip-hop. Prodigy was special, and not because he was responsible for endless classics or because his music was the soundtracks to many of our adolescent years, but because he was for lack of a better, was the last of a dying breed. He stood 5’6, but had a heart of giant. He feared no one. He went at anyone who he felt deserved it. Didn’t matter if they were the biggest names in hip-hop or the best rappers. Pac, Nas, Jay, nobody was safe if Prodigy wanted to speak his peace, especially Joe Budden, Fat Joe or Dipset. Whether you agreed with him or not, he did things his way. His honesty was refreshing. Prodigy was unique. His voice, his style, the words that just came out of his mouth consumed every part of your body. “I break bread, ribs, hundred dollar bills” “Life is a gamble, we scramble for money. I might crack a smile but ain’t a damn thing funny.” “There’s a war going on outside no man is safe from. You could run but you can’t hide forever from these streets we done took. You walkin with your head down, scared to look." This one will take a while to get used to. It took a while with the passing of Phife Dawg too. This hurts. The only way we can properly pay homage to Prodigy is to immediately put our West Coast Classics series on hold, and drop an extremely needed, well-deserved tribute to Albert “Prodigy” Johnson. I hope you join us next week as we put the finishing touches on this. We know we gotta come correct and we hope you’ll agree our track record speaks for itself. We won’t do Prodigy wrong, or you. RIP P!

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

right on, I'm sure you guys will do great with all the rare stuff floating around here
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

well a lot of the rare stuff is really piss poor quality, so i'll probably stay away from anything that won't translate well on radio.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Philaflava wrote:Image
As some of you may know, we @ Take It Personal were dedicating our next few episodes to West Coast Classics. For the past few weeks, we’ve been compiling tracks, gathering ideas, calling on the big homies @murs316 @fashawn @planetasiamedallions @therealhierocrew and a gang of others for some help. 3 days ago the music world got rocked (again). We lost one of the best in hip-hop. Prodigy was special, and not because he was responsible for endless classics or because his music was the soundtracks to many of our adolescent years, but because he was for lack of a better, was the last of a dying breed. He stood 5’6, but had a heart of giant. He feared no one. He went at anyone who he felt deserved it. Didn’t matter if they were the biggest names in hip-hop or the best rappers. Pac, Nas, Jay, nobody was safe if Prodigy wanted to speak his peace, especially Joe Budden, Fat Joe or Dipset. Whether you agreed with him or not, he did things his way. His honesty was refreshing. Prodigy was unique. His voice, his style, the words that just came out of his mouth consumed every part of your body. “I break bread, ribs, hundred dollar bills” “Life is a gamble, we scramble for money. I might crack a smile but ain’t a damn thing funny.” “There’s a war going on outside no man is safe from. You could run but you can’t hide forever from these streets we done took. You walkin with your head down, scared to look." This one will take a while to get used to. It took a while with the passing of Phife Dawg too. This hurts. The only way we can properly pay homage to Prodigy is to immediately put our West Coast Classics series on hold, and drop an extremely needed, well-deserved tribute to Albert “Prodigy” Johnson. I hope you join us next week as we put the finishing touches on this. We know we gotta come correct and we hope you’ll agree our track record speaks for itself. We won’t do Prodigy wrong, or you. RIP P!
Good shit, can't wait to listen

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Philaflava wrote:Image
'Write a page that will engage war and encite fights'

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:

Sticking with some of his more well known cuts, remember seeing the video for this back in '04 when it came out and getting put on to Alchemist. The way P & Illah Ghee go back and forth is just so dope. When he developed that style post HNIC where his lines wouldn't always rhyme, but just the way he delivered them was so powerful.

'For the drama and the shooting, then I take bullets and die to...'