Some days I think of 2pac, some days I think of Biggie...

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

gusty wingers

Some days I think of 2pac, some days I think of Biggie...

Post by gusty wingers »

When I think of 2pac I look at an artist that had yet to give us all he had. When I think of Biggie I think the worst was yet to come and things would have gotten ugly musically, very quickly. I see bad collaborations, horrible crossover attempts, perhaps a little stint with auto tune. When I think of 2pac I think of fresh innovative ideas like 1Nation. I think of the possibilities of him over a 9th Wonder beat, a Premier beat. I think of the chances he would have been on Monkey Barz or not or whether he would ever work with Roc Marciano. I think of a guy that would have aged well musically, while I feel the opposite for Biggie. Which leads me to wondering the same thing, a question many people ask in their daily lives about loved ones around them. Would you rather watch an artist stop making music before embarrassing themselves and tarnishing their own legacy and possibly be a very sad shell of himself ala DMX, or a musical shell (Rakim)... or would you prefer he fade into the night like BDK? I see 2pac and I remember him how I remember him and will never have to see him deteriorate or become an old clown like KRS ONE... Or would you rather their deprecation, and the image of them tarnished for the chance at a few listenable loosies here and there?... or would you rather remembering them how they were?
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Re: Some days I think of 2pac, some days I think of Biggie..

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

yeah 2pac over 9th wonder would finally put me at peace
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

:rofl: guess I was off that thunder fuck again... idk how anybody wouldn't want to hear pac over 9th wonder... or marco polo... my point is that he would have really reached his peak later in life in my honest belief... I think his best was yet to come

step one

Post by step one »

:mods:
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

ric

Post by ric »

I dont know about the whole biggie would've devolved thing. maybe this is all bs cause who the fuck knows but supposedly biggie was done with puff and was trying to put together a label or partnership with Jay z. and then you listen to songs like I love the dough and it's like... Yeah that wouldve been dope.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Biggie featuring Rihanna and Drake track incoming... I don't know... I suspect definitely there would have been something dope... sad... Pac's birthday had me thinking

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

gusty wingers wrote::rofl: guess I was off that thunder fuck again... idk how anybody wouldn't want to hear pac over 9th wonder... or marco polo... my point is that he would have really reached his peak later in life in my honest belief... I think his best was yet to come
i agree with this. makaveli is some of his craziest material, and he had big plans for the future. some people think he had a death wish tho.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

I think Hip Hop in the late 90's and early 2000's would have been far better if Biggie was alive.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

random: do you guys think Flo Rida would exist if Biggie was still alive?

on a more realistic note, i don't think DMX would've been as famous as he got in his prime if 2pac still existed and continued making music.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

I don't think a lot of these rappers would exist if Pac was alive... I see Biggie having a more join with them mentality...

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Hard to say, but if they weren't slain so young, they would have become slowly irrelevant like every other vet. That's the way I see it.

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

Dead Rappers

1. Biggie
2. Prodigy
3. Guru
4. Big Punisher
5. Big L

There are plenty of other good ones, but I'll stick to five for now

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Yes but which of them were in their primes? Big L, Big Pun, etc... Just leaves you to wonder if sometimes it's nice that we never had to see a shell of themselves... like Guru I don't think musically we ever did but the whole thing surrounding his death was quite sad and image changing...