Re: College Drop-Out vs. Purple Haze

Post by drizzle »

How is this even a question
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

maybe i'm in the minority that prefers better rhymes.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Both of these albums were bloated messes which overrated by certain types of rap fans, and both of them were plagued by leaks/sample clearance issues.

This was supposed to be on College Dropout and it's better than any song on there:

And this was supposed to be on Purple Haze and it's better than any song on there:

Would probably vote KanYe on the strength of Spaceship. Slow Jamz is still my shit too, but the version of that on College Dropout features a corny extended breakdown. O.G version from Twista's album >>>>>>>>

step one

Post by step one »

Purple Haze but without the skits and 'Girls'
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

step one wrote:Purple Haze but without the skits and 'Girls'
Girls was terrible...

I def pick purple haze and while I liked it, it was still a letdown to me. Cam's mixtape run leading up to purple haze was legendary, but the payoff with the actual album didn't quite measure up...

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Good poll man. Two of my favorite albums from '04.

College Dropout 5/5
Purple Haze 4/5

Purple Haze had so much hype in my area back then. It had been promoted for over a year, plus had been bootlegged and delayed several times. At the time, felt like it was tough for it to live up to expectations. Now though, put it on par with Come Home with Me. Both great albums. Despite that though, College Dropout is a classic and Kanye's best overall album.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

Assholes are like opinions. They always show up in these type threads.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) wrote:Both of these albums were bloated messes which overrated by certain types of rap fans, and both of them were plagued by leaks/sample clearance issues.

This was supposed to be on College Dropout and it's better than any song on there:

And this was supposed to be on Purple Haze and it's better than any song on there:

Would probably vote KanYe on the strength of Spaceship. Slow Jamz is still my shit too, but the version of that on College Dropout features a corny extended breakdown. O.G version from Twista's album >>>>>>>>

how are people letting this post slide? lol... that Camron song is so average and not even close to anything on purple haze... tracks like down and out... more gangsta music... you're absolutely out of your mind... that beat is AWFUL...

with lyrics like "I go to war, old timbs, battered boots, a hand grenade, goggles, and a parachute" cam was supreme clientele funny... (no not literally)...

idk what the answer is kanye is just cringe worthy to me at this point that everything he's ever made is unlistenable... atleast I can say that Cam held up and i'm not as embarrassed to put on purple haze as i would be to put on college drop out... outside of that family matters song whatever the fuck it was called...
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

ric

Post by ric »

college dropout is like meh. some real good stuff but more whateverthefuckever stuff.

purple haze wins because it's a solid album with some annoying skits.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

step one wrote:Purple Haze but without the skits and 'Girls'
i thought there were a few clever lines in "girls" which just goes to show that even a bad cam song has its good moments.

interesting enough, i used to have purple haze on vinyl and i can't remember if all the skits were taken off, but there are
a few moments without skits, like "Killa Cam" fading out instead of hearing Mizzell say "roll that shit" etc.

i preferred the Diplomatic Immunity 2 version of Take Em To Church

sounds better than the Purple Haze version

you can figure out why in 10 seconds of listening to both versions.

Oi Dusty Bin.. Tom Jones >>>>> your life of not being able to drive a car and dreaming of 9th Wonder/2Pac collabos :lol:

This is another song which shoulda been on Purple Haze and was better than pretty much anything on there:

Def Jam would let him use it because of the Michael Jackson/R. Kelly reference to raping kids, so Cam gave it to Kay Slay for his 2nd compilation.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) wrote:Oi Dusty Bin.. Tom Jones >>>>> your life of not being able to drive a car and dreaming of 9th Wonder/2Pac collabos :lol:

This is another song which shoulda been on Purple Haze and was better than pretty much anything on there:

Def Jam would let him use it because of the Michael Jackson/R. Kelly reference to raping kids, so Cam gave it to Kay Slay for his 2nd compilation.
Don't know about it being better than any song on Purple Haze but this is dope. Good looks.

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

obv college dropout wtf

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) wrote:Oi Dusty Bin.. Tom Jones >>>>> your life of not being able to drive a car and dreaming of 9th Wonder/2Pac collabos :lol:

Lol hate to steer the thread but what does this even mean? Not able to drive a car? Tom Jones is dope but guy who has nothing? I'm from Long Island. You're from Jersey. Do the math. I can drive any car I want. I am from a millionaire family. Where did this even come from? Weak disses brah... sorry we disagree with the Cam album and he let you down man... I hope one day we can come together and agree on something... I don't want to make you mad again and get more Tom Jones songs thrown at me... :cheers:

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

Some days I think of Long Island, some days I think of Jersey.

:lol:

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

atleast you're funny... I have no problems being made fun of but you've got to have some attributes...

gusty wingers wrote:I can drive any car I want. I am from a millionaire family.
:rofl: :bunk:

AND IF YOU'RE DRIVING AN AUTO, I'M CALLING YOU A HOMO:

http://philaflavaforum.com//forum/viewt ... 7&t=137979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dusty Fingers wrote:so my girl parks her car, in the driveway of our house, with the fucking e brake up?! Then has the BALLS to step to the God bitching at me like "hey idiot you're driving with the e-brake on"... Who in the living FUCK puts the fucking e brake on when parking in the driveway of their home... Fuck anybody that does this... straight up...

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

:rofl:

Voted for Kanye. It's the better album, his overall general fuckery/faggotry is the only way this poll is so close.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

College Dropout for sure.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Purple Haze with relative ease. Kanye's snare drums and horrible punchlines make me cringe.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

I'm looking at anyone snidely picking college drop out, because "it's obvious" like they're out of their god damn mind.

Cam is a legend.

step one

Post by step one »

While we're here, Jim Jones is a much better rapper than Kanye
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

step one wrote:While we're here, Jim Jones is a much better rapper than Kanye
Jim Jones has always been extremely underrated as a rapper. This shit is in heavy rotation every summer no matter what...

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:I'm looking at anyone snidely picking college drop out, because "it's obvious" like they're out of their god damn mind.

Cam is a legend.
Would never deny that, but to me College Dropout is a classic which is why I see it as kind-of black and white. If it was College Dropout vs. Diplomatic Immunity, then I'd be on board with you.

And to the Jim jones point, that whole '06 time when him and Cam started beefing, he was dropping real heat.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) wrote:

http://philaflavaforum.com//forum/viewt ... 7&t=137979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dusty Fingers wrote:so my girl parks her car, in the driveway of our house, with the fucking e brake up?! Then has the BALLS to step to the God bitching at me like "hey idiot you're driving with the e-brake on"... Who in the living FUCK puts the fucking e brake on when parking in the driveway of their home... Fuck anybody that does this... straight up...
After 7-10pm I am usually in for the night. Nothing good happens after 10pm and I would rather be at home watching, Mlb.tv or the NFL pass, UFC, NBA, etc... So she usually parks behind me (pause)... and I take her whip for a beer run or dispense run or food run... I do however drive auto... white '03, 745i... anybody that buys cars doesn't understand guns and butter... buy a house and stop hanging out with middle aged black dudes that still wear football jerseys...

and I know sporting events aren't on or starting atleast, after 10pm... I have to watch all of the games played during the day, at least condensed versions, cram numbers, view trends, etc for the next day... my life isn't like your life... I am working about 20 hours a day... for myself... that's why I own rental properties and you hang out with people that wear football jerseys at an adult age... :copy:

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

This was actually a tough choice. Went with purple haze , cause the highlights, for me, are higher...but I think college dropout is most consistent.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

gusty wingers wrote:
Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) wrote:

After 7-10pm I am usually in for the night. Nothing good happens after 10pm and I would rather be at home watching, Mlb.tv or the NFL pass, UFC, NBA, etc... So she usually parks behind me (pause)... and I take her whip for a beer run or dispense run or food run... I do however drive auto... white '03, 745i... anybody that buys cars doesn't understand guns and butter... buy a house and stop hanging out with middle aged black dudes that still wear football jerseys...

and I know sporting events aren't on or starting atleast, after 10pm... I have to watch all of the games played during the day, at least condensed versions, cram numbers, view trends, etc for the next day... my life isn't like your life... I am working about 20 hours a day... for myself... that's why I own rental properties and you hang out with people that wear football jerseys at an adult age... :copy:
Do you handicap baseball, bro? Shit is a glorified crap shoot...

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

baseball is about finding value, very similar to the stock market. It's not a sport for spot betting, it's a sport for analyzing when public influence is outpricing or overvaluing particular teams. It is not the type of sport you wager huge on spot bets like in football when you know the patriots aren't losing the back to back and you can tease it down etc... baseball isn't a crapshoot but it is a game of inches that's for sure...

KhillA

Post by KhillA »