twitter user goes in on 90s NY rap goons 2pac, BIG, 50, etc.

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

djjeffresh

twitter user goes in on 90s NY rap goons 2pac, BIG, 50, etc.

Post by djjeffresh »

not surprisingly, their twitter account has since been suspended so it's documented on rap genius. pretty interesting.

https://genius.com/discussions/282069-T ... t-and-more" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: twitter user goes in on 90s NY rap goons 2pac, BIG, 50,

Post by Philaflava »

Turn this into a book with a JBL foreward and I'm buying.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

This stuff is getting discused on a lot of forums lately I guess due to the Pac movie. A lot of it I'm sure is true and I've heard about a bunch of these rumors over the years but I feel like some of it is off. This guy says 'Supreme has E Moneybag killed months later by hiring contract killers. Months after he has 50 hit for refusing to leave Ja Rule alone'. I'm pretty sure 50 was shot up before E Money Bags got killed. And I didn't think it was due to anything related to Ja either.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

that is dope because it's finally (in my mind atleast) closing... or even opening a much different door... on the "who shot pac that night at quad?" question and all of the shit Flex was talking... which I really didn't doubt... I was quite sure it was the Bolden Brothers from the Bronx for some time... possibly 5ish years ago I was almost convinced? Knowing what I know now I believe it was Tut and them... I believe Pack KNEW it was... blamed BIGGIE just to get a little beef started... like Nore has been saying on his podcast... In Law 2... If you have no enemies, find a way to make one... He obv couldn't go back at Tut on the streets... This was a way I suppose to make an attempt at squashing this without getting retaliatory, while also being able to create an INSANE buzz and use Big as a stepping stone... I also feel it is possible that he felt Big was tied in some way to Tut and them being there and he gave them the drop... but according to Flex, Pac did them dirty, knew he did them dirty, and knew them the moment he saw them... Pulled his gun out... Shot himself in the leg, and then proceeded to get lit up and robbed... Who knows but this is cool to look through...

the stuff on Money Bags entirely is fuzzy... We know Supreme had him killed... that's almost certain and I believe he even copped to it... we also know Supreme was laundering money from Ja Rule and the whole Irv Gotti Murder Inc team... We also know that Money Bags killed Black Just... This was apparently retaliation for that... the Money Bags shooting happened in 01... Divine was involved or atleast charged, and one other... how it all ties together I am not completely sure... I know Money Bags had some kind of an issue with Ja Rule and there was some shit talk... I also believe Cadillac Tah claimed to have set Ja and Irv to be jumped by Bags... it's possible that Preme just thought he was fucking with his money, he killed Black Just, he's got to go... Idk

"McGriff has not been charged in the slaying, but a detective filed an affidavit saying McGriff admitted his involvement to a confidential informant."
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

real or not, dude has pictures many don't have and sold these stories well.

step one

Post by step one »

Interesting read. Wondered where Magneto was these days.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Does the dude saying all this shit have a name or he's totally anonymous?

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

That's a heavy read! Especially so when I think back to what life like in NYC was for me during those years. It's crazy to discover who the key figures are who were influencing teens around me in school & my neighborhood to be selling drugs, dealing with guns etc from all the new videos, article & pics emerging online. Back in the early 90's these type of street figures were like myths that circulated in school but I saw reflections of their influence on the corners and in the students.

I remember seeing the Don Diva magazines that showcased a lot of this info from when I used to work at a record store in Harlem.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

fatboybrandon wrote:That's a heavy read! Especially so when I think back to what life like in NYC was for me during those years. It's crazy to discover who the key figures are who were influencing teens around me in school & my neighborhood to be selling drugs, dealing with guns etc from all the new videos, article & pics emerging online. Back in the early 90's these type of street figures were like myths that circulated in school but I saw reflections of their influence on the corners and in the students.

I remember seeing the Don Diva magazines that showcased a lot of this info from when I used to work at a record store in Harlem.
You're from Harlem I assume? I had heard this year's back, but was it common knowledge in Harlem that Big Ls boy, the one on the back of the album, was the one who killed him? And it was something in connection to one of Ls brothers right? I know that guy himself got killed in Harlem not too long ago.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Heard the same about his killer.

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
fatboybrandon wrote:That's a heavy read! Especially so when I think back to what life like in NYC was for me during those years. It's crazy to discover who the key figures are who were influencing teens around me in school & my neighborhood to be selling drugs, dealing with guns etc from all the new videos, article & pics emerging online. Back in the early 90's these type of street figures were like myths that circulated in school but I saw reflections of their influence on the corners and in the students.

You're from Harlem I assume? I had heard this year's back, but was it common knowledge in Harlem that Big Ls boy, the one on the back of the album, was the one who killed him? And it was something in connection to one of Ls brothers right? I know that guy himself got killed in Harlem not too long ago.
Yeah, moved in around '84 and lived near to 125th & Broadway by Grant/Manhattanville projects. I've never heard most of these stories until YouTube but in general this presentation reminds me of the danger and ghetto fabulous atmosphere of Harlem during the 90's. Way different times now!

This store sells a lot of the DVDs you see on YouTube about NY hustlers https://www.blackstarvideo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the store I used to work at was called Harlem Music Hut. I remember Raekwon came in one day then DJ Premier came in another and I sold him a mix tape https://twitter.com/harlemmusichut" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Versive

Post by Versive »

I assume yall know about this IG account: https://www.instagram.com/albeesquare87" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

i'm going to need magneto to confirm/ deny this shit.

interesting read though.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Versive wrote:I assume yall know about this IG account: https://www.instagram.com/albeesquare87" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
this is sick. I'm glad I went to the Albee Square Mall when it still existed. Ghetto as fuck. Felt so legendary.
Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:

it was Harlem street beef that Big Lee had that got Big L killed. He couldn't get at Big Lee so Lamont, Lee's little brother, was killed in retaliation. :cry:

I still cry pretty much every February 15th. I read it off HipHopSite in 1999 when Lamont Coleman died. I'll never forget that day. I can see it right now in my mind still. Holy shit was that the death of a dream. I don't think I cried more from a rapper being murdered.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Versive wrote:I assume yall know about this IG account: https://www.instagram.com/albeesquare87" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
this is sick. I'm glad I went to the Albee Square Mall when it still existed. Ghetto as fuck. Felt so legendary.
Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:

it was Harlem street beef that Big Lee had that got Big L killed. He couldn't get at Big Lee so Lamont, Lee's little brother, was killed in retaliation.
:cry:

I still cry pretty much every February 15th. I read it off HipHopSite in 1999 when Lamont Coleman died. I'll never forget that day. I can see it right now in my mind still. Holy shit was that the death of a dream. I don't think I cried more from a rapper being murdered.
Not sure if it's that black and white. Have heard one of his brothers mention in interviews that both of L's brothers were locked up and sent him to do something for them which didn't go as planned and then resulted in L getting killed. Also, have heard Cam mention that a week before L's murder, L had actually tried to murder the guy who killed him. Weird situation. Either way, the guy to the right on the picture below is the guy who killed him and who recently got killed last year.

https://genius.com/discussions/15489-Bi ... same-photo

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

step one wrote:Interesting read. Wondered where Magneto was these days.
It's more than likely a white guy who is obsessed with black on black crime (which the internet is filled with).

In the spirit of this thread topic, I'll mention everything I know about Magneto.
He is currently a moderator on thecoli.com, now known as FreshAIG , and his interests continue to be street shit/gossip and battle rap.
No longer a resident of Red Hook BK, he now calls Calabasas CA home.
It doesn't stop him from posting at 4am PST about The Breakfast Club and other NYC radio hot topics.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Magneto always seemed pretty solid to me... But then again so has Jayou... Battle of the rsn's coming...

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
step one wrote:Interesting read. Wondered where Magneto was these days.
It's more than likely a white guy who is obsessed with black on black crime (which the internet is filled with).

In the spirit of this thread topic, I'll mention everything I know about Magneto.
He is currently a moderator on thecoli.com, now known as FreshAIG , and his interests continue to be street shit/gossip and battle rap.
No longer a resident of Red Hook BK, he now calls Calabasas CA home.
It doesn't stop him from posting at 4am PST about The Breakfast Club and other NYC radio hot topics.

Watching people online who obsess over street life is almost as entertaining as the street stories themselves. I grew up around the stuff but I always tried to escape from it all, while surrounded by a bunch of kids who knew no better than to think all the danger of that life was cool.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

not so sure magneto is just a wigger penetrating the culture... need more before I believe that

i'll also go further and say if you've ever watched goodfellas you're glorifying and watching the stories... there is an obvious intrigue to it but if it's not paying your bills I agree, it's for the birds...

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

gusty wingers wrote:not so sure magneto is just a wigger penetrating the culture... need more before I believe that
The first line of my response is about the Twitter Ghetto Quran breh, the paragraph is about Magneto.
They are obviously not the same person.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Mindbender Fagarama wrote:
Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:

it was Harlem street beef that Big Lee had that got Big L killed. He couldn't get at Big Lee so Lamont, Lee's little brother, was killed in retaliation. :cry:

Here's my burned CD version for the car of Big L's debut album complete with bonus tracks! All songs uploaded from my original CD's except for the Devil's Son EP that I got an official digital copy of with my purchase of the Vinyl EP recently...

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/#!ZJRzmART!x7YAstdQbdQ1Y-FYzdEQAf2GihUnmAIYhFaZO5HJLWA

:wicked:

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
Mindbender Fagarama wrote:
Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:

Here's my burned CD version for the car of Big L's debut album complete with bonus tracks! All songs uploaded from my original CD's except for the Devil's Son EP that I got an official digital copy of with my purchase of the Vinyl EP recently...

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/#!ZJRzmART!x7YAstdQbdQ1Y-FYzdEQAf2GihUnmAIYhFaZO5HJLWA

:wicked:
:cheers:

ric

Post by ric »

good read

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

What was this guy's twitter?

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Raphael De La Ghetto wrote:What was this guy's twitter?
@justsunlade