Jay:Z - 4:44

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

gusty wingers

Re: Jay:Z - 4:44

Post by gusty wingers »

and the new world order... in NINETEEN NINETY FIVE... PRT is/was dope man... that's pretty much the nail on the head
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

thatkidnero

Post by thatkidnero »

Mindbender is kind of like Floyd Mayweather or Kanye to the effect that you can tell who's a racist by how they react to him. It's an interesting phenomenon. You know as middling as the album is, there is something to be said of it not being "for" white folk. I mean it can't be hard to understand that the people he's explaining this shit to have never read fucking Tim Ferriss or haha, a Branson book.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Try putting a sentence together that works...

step one

Post by step one »

gusty wingers wrote:again I think what you see as politically groundbreaking and just so innovative and righteous is really pretty pedestrian to a lot of people... even life of OJ... is this really groundbreaking stuff? Jay z is saying a black man is held down and for you this is a real political leap? or even further him making a track in today's climate about his mom being gay, basically in the most pro gay era of all time, you think this is a bold addition to his catalog? I can tell you for certain D'Evils is 100 times more politically daring than this...

for me I see a level of cowardice and transparency... never has jay z looked like a bigger propaganda whore than right now... if he was politically daring he would have made a track about his mom being gay before the gay agenda and the tranny movement... that's breaking ground... he's taking the flaming torch and running with it
This is all very on point. Jay's albums - like all mainstream releases these days - are very contrived and calculated. He's never been a huge risk taker. The best rap music has always been the opposite of that.

The whole 'its not for white people' shit doen't wash either. There's a large demographic of white dudes in their late 30s who got into rap when Africa pendants, X Clan and PE was the shit and songs like Horny Lil Devil existed. This Jay Z album isn't even approaching being on the same level as the music from that era. If people don't like it, its most likely because the overall sound and feel it of it isn't hitting the spot for them. Rave about the OJ track all you like but it's boring as fuck. Someone like Ka or Roc Marci could've killed it on that same beat. Jay talking about antique paintings and basic economics, not so much. If you find 4:44's content highbrow or complex you must be a bit simple.
Just not really hearing anything on there that hasn't been done before. At least some of the opinions on socila media are proving entertaining, particularly the rap webiste that said it needed to start a trend of 1 rapper/1 producer albums and another that said it was the first "grown man" rap album.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

:rofl: at wanting to hear ka over the OJ beat. You really don't get it do you? 444 is for thirtysomethings that grew up on rap, now in the adult phase. You wouldn't understand cause you're kicking 40's door down.

If you think hov's current angle is nothing more than xclan you really don't get it. He owns a streaming service with millions of subscribers. He's half of a high key mainstream celeb couple. People had parties to celebrate the birth of their twins.

I'm 30. I'm ignoring my girl's texts right now. I may be emotionally stunted but that's life. And i have time to outgrow migos, but you'll go to the grave to the tune of dr yen lo and there's nothing funny about that.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

I will never understand why people give a shit about weirdo rap like this...

step one

Post by step one »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote::rofl: at wanting to hear ka over the OJ beat. You really don't get it do you? 444 is for thirtysomethings that grew up on rap, now in the adult phase. You wouldn't understand cause you're kicking 40's door down.
I dont really listen to much Ka. I just used that as an example of someone making music that's more interesting than Jay Z's. I'm 38. I'm pretty sure my outlook isn't drastically different to someone who's 34. Jay Z's 48 ffs.
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:If you think hov's current angle is nothing more than xclan you really don't get it. He owns a streaming service with millions of subscribers. He's half of a high key mainstream celeb couple. People had parties to celebrate the birth of their twins.
I didnt say that, this makes no sense whatsover in relation to what I said and no sense at all in general.
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:People had parties to celebrate the birth of their twins.
If this is actually true (as in multiple people did this and not just one lonely maniac fan of Beyonce) then I actually fear for the future of humanity more than I already do. I fully expect Mindbender to have proclaimed the conception and birth a landmark in rap music and the best birth ever though.
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:you'll go to the grave to the tune of dr yen lo and there's nothing funny about that.
I've never heard that album and you're still a terrible poster.

EDIT/FULL DISCLOSURE - realised I can't even remember what that OJ beat sounds like so. Must've been good.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

gusty wingers wrote:again I think what you see as politically groundbreaking and just so innovative and righteous is really pretty pedestrian to a lot of people... even life of OJ... is this really groundbreaking stuff? Jay z is saying a black man is held down and for you this is a real political leap? or even further him making a track in today's climate about his mom being gay, basically in the most pro gay era of all time, you think this is a bold addition to his catalog? I can tell you for certain D'Evils is 100 times more politically daring than this...

for me I see a level of cowardice and transparency... never has jay z looked like a bigger propaganda whore than right now... if he was politically daring he would have made a track about his mom being gay before the gay agenda and the tranny movement... that's breaking ground... he's taking the flaming torch and running with it
Jay-Z speaking about credit, how Jews got rich, how he thinks about the value of property in Brooklyn over the years and regrets from purchases he wanted to make, speaking about buying appreciating value art for his children, passing on a legacy to his family and for the culture... those are the typical topics for rap music in 2017. I commend it, not criticize it.

I am not looking for Jay-Z to be MY leader... but Jay-Z is leading HIMSELF to a new level of Shawn Carter's life, and I hear it in his rhymes, flow and music. Y'all may not give a fuck about the evolution of Jigga as an artist, but what he did on 4:44 is IMPRESSIVE as fuck to me, as far as artists evolving goes.

Jay-Z is trying some half spoken word flows on this album! It's crazy how much he changed a lot of what the world thought to expect from a Jay-Z record. He matured, he abandoned ALL the talk of crack dealing for credibility (FINALLY), and he spoke like a potential economic leader for hip hop culture. I don't think all his statements are the deepest thoughts on the subjects he spoke on, GOD NO. But as far as Jay-Z goes, and as far as the effect it could have on Black America, poor America, and hip hop culture? I FUCKS WITH THIS ALBUM.

Also, Jay-Z, maker of countless playas anthems since 'Ain't No N!gga', crafts one of the most honest adultery apologies in the history of pop music, and airs out his marriage to Beyonce on levels that nobody could have expected him to. '4:44' as a song is god damn commendable, and anyone that doesn't at least tip their hat to Jay-Z for such a grown-ass jam is an immature fuckboy that I don't care to fucking consider worth listening to their thoughts. You don't gotta like 'Retrospect for Life' by Common and Lauryn Hill, but if you don't at least respect it, you're borderline scum or shit :rofl:

Motherfuckers pour out their soul and sacrifice fame for the sake of integrity and artistry in the culture... and fools are like "this is too plain and boring" :bunk: :bunk: :bunk: :bunk:

Upgrade U
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

thatkidnero wrote:Mindbender is kind of like Floyd Mayweather or Kanye to the effect that you can tell who's a racist by how they react to him. It's an interesting phenomenon. You know as middling as the album is, there is something to be said of it not being "for" white folk. I mean it can't be hard to understand that the people he's explaining this shit to have never read fucking Tim Ferriss or haha, a Branson book.
I swear damn near ALL the people who are like "meh" to this album, are white guys. White guys who SWEAR they are HIFFOP! HEADZ 4 LYFE!!

Word? Do you ever want to see your fellow Black friends ever escape the fucking obnoxious economic imbalance that white supremacy perpetuates every fucking day? Or do you just want to maintain your privileged proximity to Black people, Black music, and Black culture, but not REALLY help Black people out of their post/neo-slavery struggle?

Most of you white guys don't REALLY care about Black people, you just want to look like you do. That's what I thought.

I'd rather listen to Jay-Z over MIGOS. I give a fuck about the future of my brain cells. Fuck that coon ass shuck jive music. BLACK OWNED THANGS in 2017.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

or maybe people just see this for what it is... transparently whoring for record sales... don't believe beyonce and him went through anything... don't believe him and Kanye "beef" is even remotely real... don't believe his mom is gay... he's a little democrat faggot moron and only morons are eating these rhymes like there's any kind of substance

if you gave a fuck about your brain cells you'd put all of this garbage down and listen to james taylor...

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

gusty wingers wrote:or maybe people just see this for what it is... transparently whoring for record sales... don't believe beyonce and him went through anything... don't believe him and Kanye "beef" is even remotely real... don't believe his mom is gay... he's a little democrat faggot moron and only morons are eating these rhymes like there's any kind of substance

if you gave a fuck about your brain cells you'd put all of this garbage down and listen to james taylor...
:roll: this is a lame and laughable approach to REALITY. If you think celebrities fabricate everything for "sales", and that Kanye doesn't have REAL beef with the Carters since the day that the Carters VERY PUBLICLY DID NOT ATTEND Kanye's wedding to Kim Kardashian, then you are a fool. That's actually a normal life dispute. That's not some 'celebrity shit'. Families have problems after people marry unpopular people. That's called LIFE. And if you can't see actual life as opposed to your childish projection of what you think life is, and what you think other people's life is... then I feel sorry for you.

Kanye's beef with him is real. If they REALLY wanted money, they wouldn't "fabricate a beef". They would PUT OUT 'Watch The Throne 2', and tour it around the world, and sell 2-million plus copies of it. They are not faking shit.

Don't believe Jay:Z's mom is gay? :naswtf: :bunk: :fail: that's where you lost.

You ever seen a picture of her? Her and Phife's mom need to go on a date, maybe Queen Latifah can set it up and off :gyeah: :omar:

I listen to James Taylor. I also listen to Shawn Carter. You white people need to get over this divide and conquer either/or bullshit. Everything can be criticized, and everything can be complimented.

I don't give a fuck about making friends. Friends KILL each other in hip hop. I got tons of white people that are friends with me that accept the truths I say. Any white person that is butthurt over truth: FUCK YOUR WHINY ASSHOLE WITH DAILY INJUSTICE, and shut the fuck up or help the world improve for EVERYONE, not just ya little white boy theft club :fail:

this is the reason why Jay-Z's album is *magnificent*: because it's REAL. You don't respect the realness? You ain't hip hop.

:cas:
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

who the fuck is gay enough to be paying attention?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

gusty wingers wrote:who the fuck is gay enough to be paying attention?
this is SUCH a white response to things that don't concern you. :rofl:

welp, the real answer is: about a million or so people, give or take some. Jay-Z's 4:44 album was declared platinum. KANYESHRUG

Us people in hip hop culture had a saying for motherfuckers like you WAY BACK in 1992 :lastweek: , and it STILL applies:

IT'S A BLACK THING. YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND. :omar: :ironmike:

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

a black thing is what? gossiping about dude's I don't know? do you work at a nail salon?

alpha

Post by alpha »

I still haven't heard this.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

^^ a real dude with a life

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

a very simple fact getting hilariously lost in all this nonsense is that a lot of the critiques of Jay's advice on being flimsy entry level truisms are coming from black people
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

that's such great irony because somehow i'm racist to think maybe a black person read a tim ferriss book? lol I don't have a clue what that guy was even saying...

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Lol at the image of getting actual investment advice in a song format. It's a song about educating yourself and prioritizing the long term, not a how to manuel.

@MB: for the record i don't consider migos to be coons. I get your point though.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:Lol at the image of getting actual investment advice in a song format. It's a song about educating yourself and prioritizing the long term, not a how to manuel.

@MB: for the record i don't consider migos to be coons. I get your point though.
:cheers: THANK YOU! :rofl: Fucking morons, these buffoons are. I'm NOT saying "follow all Jay-Z's financial advice in his songs, then become the next Black American billionaire!" It's a fucking start for motivating ghetto people to see that, they too can possibly become some kind of unprecedented economic success, if they stay focused, man like Shawn Carter, the rapping crack dealer from Marcy Projects, Brooklyn.

I don't even need rappers to be on a Nas or Killah Priest level. I love Digital Underground, Pharcyde, Ludacris, and lots of rappers that aren't serious at all. You just have to have a certain level of... intelligence. And MIGOS has not ONCE yet rapped well enough to reach my BASIC standard of lowest common denominator rapping.

Das Efx even had a song like 'Hard Like a Criminal'. MIGOS ain't spit ONE jewel yet to me. Not ONE quotable. Literally. What is the most clever shit you heard them say?

Jay-Z's worst lyric on this album is probably better. :lol:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

gusty wingers wrote:a black thing is what? gossiping about dude's I don't know? do you work at a nail salon?
way to reveal how fucking DISTANT you REALLY are from Black culture, motherfucking vulture. :rofl: :roll:

TODAY'S FREE LESSON: Black men have a tradition. Of speaking about current events. IN THE BARBER SHOP. :omar: :ohsh:

wowwwwwwww imagine that

ric

Post by ric »

maybe in good timing for thread, but can we get another mp3x upload?

@phila
Philaflava wrote:Jay-Z leftovers from 4:44
https://omerta.is/12sR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
actually links to the prodigy show

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
gusty wingers wrote:a black thing is what? gossiping about dude's I don't know? do you work at a nail salon?
way to reveal how fucking DISTANT you REALLY are from Black culture, motherfucking vulture. :rofl: :roll:

TODAY'S FREE LESSON: Black men have a tradition. Of speaking about current events. IN THE BARBER SHOP. :omar: :ohsh:

wowwwwwwww imagine that
a vulture is somebody that makes money off of hip hop... I have never made a dime off of hip hop and throughout the years have paid it forward through concert and vinyl purchases... so you kind of make no sense now...

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

wowwwwwwww imagine that
When's the last time you been in a barber shop tho

step one

Post by step one »

KhillA wrote:

wowwwwwwww imagine that
for all the bullshit he posts here, Bender has finally jumped the shark by claiming to identify with family life and paying for haircuts.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

KhillA wrote:

wowwwwwwww imagine that
Honestly? On Sunday. :omar: :rofl:

KANYESHRUG.

"You humans are so petty. And tiny!" - Thor :fail:

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

Did you get the same ol :ignore:

or some new hot shit?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

KhillA wrote:Did you get the same ol :ignore:

or some new hot shit?
:omar: :cheers: :cas:

then yesterday, I did some mindblowing lovemaking with:
:bunny:

I'm NOT a family man. The nuclear family is a fallacy anyways, if not a value system more suited for low-sex drive Europeans than a SEX GOD like Mindbender.

Prince didn't have kids. He fucked TONS of women. He looks like he had a good life. I'll walk towards that level. You stay doing whatever the fuck you want, or are told is right. Whatever you're smart enough to attempt :lol:

from Philaflava's ONLY fucking ACTUAL PORN STAR. It never gets old to me. I ain't retiring my bachelor status, I don't listen to everything Jay-Z does! :ignore:

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

https://twitter.com/janewayxyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

well both of those girls are disgusting bro...

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »