General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Jay:Z - 4:44

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

The shit is fucking awesome.

NO I.D. to the god damn rescue.

Also, word the fuck up to Jigga declaring SHOTS FIRED at Kanye on Kill Jay and Bam. Something had to be said.

Family Feud FTW.

REAL GOD DAMN GROWN ASS FUCKING RAP MUSIC FOR 2017, MOTHERFUCKERS
. :rockout:

trapmouth fuckboys eat every dick, shut up, and listen to Hova da Gawd :copy: :cheers:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Re: Jay:Z - 4:44

Post by step one »

Seen a lot of positive comments on my TL today. Can't imagine anything more tedious in 2017 than Jay Z talking about himself, his money, Kanye and Beyonce but i guess it's good to know it doesn't sound as shitty as his last 4 (?) albums. Do you have to buy a phone to get this one or is it part of a buy 2 Roc Sofas and a Roc garden furniture set and get a free download code deal?

Imagine I'll get round to giving it a listen sometime in the next 12 months and discover 2 songs I like.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

I was god damn certain this would be the worst shit ever made....Then I heard Life of OJ and I'm like..... FUCK I don't want Tidal.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Anyone got the hook up? I'm not downloading/buying anything to listen to any album.
Also seen a lot of good hype on this but I don't trust twitter for shit.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Supposedly iHeartRadio is streaming it all day today, but I can’t figure it out.

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

:baby: :upload: :ethief:

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Listened to the first half and not bad. Lot different feel than this previous albums, but pretty good so far.Entirely produced by No ID?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Thought it was damn good myself.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Blockhead wrote:Anyone got the hook up? I'm not downloading/buying anything to listen to any album.
Also seen a lot of good hype on this but I don't trust twitter for shit.

Just tagged you on FB with link.

https://www.facebook.com/philaflavadotc ... 4129278532

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

it's in mp3x you lazy twats
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

blastmaster wrote:Supposedly iHeartRadio is streaming it all day today, but I can’t figure it out.
It’s streaming right now.

alpha

Post by alpha »

drizzle wrote:it's in mp3x you lazy twats
That's still a thing?

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Jay's mom's a lesbian huh?

step one

Post by step one »

Didn't 50 already do that?

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Really good album. Relaxed Hov. Not trying to be 29. Not looking for cheap radio hits. Not preachy. No longer chasing BIG, not looking back at anyone. Kinda feels like Larry Fishburne in Boyz In The Hood rapping to ya. Pretty effortless.

Give me a half Primo/ half Zaytoven album and call it quits bro.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

blastmaster wrote: Fishburne in Boyz In The Hood rapping to ya. Pretty effortless.
:rofl: and 100%

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

step one wrote:Didn't 50 already do that?
yeah on "hate it or love it"
blastmaster wrote: Give me a half Primo/ half Zaytoven album and call it quits bro.
why waste zay beats?
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

way better than magnta carter. short, concise, focused. consistent production, nice sound. kicks some real shit. doesn't really go off like a young hov could. "OJ" is prob the best song. GOAT adult contemporary rap album imo
1. Nas
2. Drake

Kobe Bryant's Lazy Eye

Post by Kobe Bryant's Lazy Eye »

He just tried so hard to make a kendrick album its not happening player

Kobe Bryant's Lazy Eye

ardamus wrote:Thought it was damn. good myself.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Kobe Bryant's Lazy Eye wrote:He just tried so hard to make a kendrick album its not happening player
family problems over 10 no ID beats says kendrick to you?
1. Nas
2. Drake

Kobe Bryant's Lazy Eye

Up until family feud, yeah

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:way better than magnta carter. short, concise, focused. consistent production, nice sound. kicks some real shit. doesn't really go off like a young hov could. "OJ" is prob the best song. GOAT adult contemporary rap album imo
:cheers:

This is Jay-Z's Illmatic. Ironically :rofl: When he's an old ass pops.

NO pandering to the youth. WHY WOULD HE. Gods don't fucking try to fucking suck up to devils. Thank God not even ONE line is trying to appease any modern rap scumbag munchkins. You either listen to Jay-Z talking like Jay-Z is supposed to talk at 47, or you go listen to some 27 year old fuckboy that wishes he was as rich and cool as Jay-Z, but probably isn't.

I was wondering what line could be a shot to Drizzy, and then it hit me:

"All this old talk left me confused/ You rather be 'old rich me' or 'new you'?" :omar:

and Kendrick album? :fail: This is a fucking SHAWN CARTER album. I bet NO I.D. was the one who helped him with the verses more than anyone else. Each beat/rhyme fits together snug like a crack rock in a crack pipe. this ain't no wannabe Kendrick album. This is a new format of LP, a Jay-Z State of the Union album, where he addresses Kanye West, his wife, the rumors about his marriage, his born & unborn children, the modern culture of hip hop, the modern state of Black Capitalism in America, and ideas for future hip hop generations to amass wealth.

This is an album made by a fucking LEADER, not a FOLLOWER.

and if you guys don't know where to find a copy of the new album from an artist as big as JAY:Z on the internet... :bunk: :rofl: :shittylikesometp:

there's a disconnect.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Outside of obvious shot at Kanye, his infidelity and Ma Carter being a carpet muncher, this is still pretty much more of the same old reflective entrepreneur from him. Don't know if it's old age, but Jay sounds drunk on most of these tracks; his voice sounds really off throughout the album. NO ID's production feels bland and uninspired, which is disappointing, since that was a major draw for me. Sure, it's better than Magna Carter - most albums are.

In comparison to the rest of his out of retirement albums, I believe Kingdom Come and American Gangster are still better than this.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: This is Jay-Z's Illmatic.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

I'm away at a wedding but have the album in my email waiting to DL. I did "read" half of it on SM yesterday. Couple of lines sounded dope then I read one about being a Dumbo for not buying a building in Dumbo. :fail:

I trust all your opinions I'm looking forward to hearing it.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Spartan wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote: This is Jay-Z's Illmatic.
Jesus Christ

This album is def better than expected, but bender you're a fuckin moron.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

His Illmatic will always be RD. I think this is a good album but the first 48 hours we should automatically dismiss any claims people make.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Philaflava wrote:His Illmatic will always be RD. I think this is a good album but the first 48 hours we should automatically dismiss any claims people make.
Nah. This is Jay-Z's MOST concise masterwork. This is Jay-Z at his most vulnerable and honest. This captures Jay-Z at a particular moment in time, timelessly. This is Jay-Z doing something a level apart from everything else right now.

This album is fucking nearly flawless and only has one song on it that isn't impeccably crafted, which is Bam, the Jiggamayne excursion to Jamaica, which was as slightly underwhelming as Jay-Z always is when he decides to do something on reggae/dancehall music. Dude needs to just stay in his Spanish Harlem/Latin lover lane like 'Hey Papi' and the flamenco vibes of 'Me & My Girlfriend', and just chill TF out. Nas figured out how to bob and weave around Damian Marley's patois without sounding like a Jafakin Yankee. Shawn still isn't there yet, probably never will be. 'Bam' isn't a disgrace, but it's the only song with an asterisk beside it, kinda like 'Halftime' on 'Illmatic', since I played that song hundreds of times before the album came out, it kinda took away from the overall impact of it, since one of the few songs on the LP wasn't as fresh as the others. Not that 'Halftime' isn't a super fucking awesome song better than 'Bam', but I'm talmbout cohesive, concise LPs with only one or two songs that stop it from being a perfect masterpiece of sorts.

These are my reasons for my logic. I rest good at night disagreeing with you people. You don't have to fucking agree with it, but you also don't have to disrespect it.

'Reasonable Doubt' is an entirely different cut of diamond. I don't parallel Nas and Jay-Z's debuts automatically.

Anyone who was REALLY there at the beginning of Jay-Z's career KNOWS that there was a strong desire for him to RETIRE after 'Reasonable Doubt', and that in 1996, a lot of people thought it was a possibility. Dame, Biggs and Co. really pushed that idea strong, and so did Jay-Z. Boom, drop RD, cake up a bit, then bounce back to other criminal endeavors. There was absolutely no talk about Nas retiring after 'Illmatic'. Quite the opposite. People were frothing at the mouth talmbout how this kid named Nasty Nas was the Second Coming of Rakim & Kool G Rap combined, and he was only 19 writing hot shit like 'I'm waving automatic guns at nuns'. Imagine what he'll be saying in a decade!

'God's Son' is probably Nas's most vulnerable album (peace Ann Jones), but 'Illmatic' is his most innocent album. No commercial odes to the charts, ala 'Street Dreams' or 'Nastradamus' or any of Nas's sub-par attempts to make a thinker's dance song. Just classic raw uncut rap, unconcerned with the status quo. And that's what 4:44 is. Classic, raw, uncut Shawn Carter, unconcerned with the status quo.

y'all stop me when I stop telling the truth :rofl:

:cas:

step one

Post by step one »

Just listened to it. 2 songs I'd consider listening to again which is an improvement on his last few efforts.

Couldn't give a fuck about his wife or Kanye. The parts where he mentions he's rich is really groundbreaking stuff though.