Mr Davis

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Mr Davis

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

high profile release, timed around his televised wedding (i didn't watch cause i don't participate in celebrity gossip).

a full blown album, goes all out with singles and features.... but i like the droptopwop tape better in the end, it was more focused.

slim jimmy goes in on his feature.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: Mr Davis

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:Image

high profile release, timed around his televised wedding (i didn't watch cause i don't participate in celebrity gossip).

a full blown album, goes all out with singles and features.... but i like the droptopwop tape better in the end, it was more focused.

slim jimmy goes in on his feature.
I'm feelin the singles, but yea I heard it doesn't really come close to droptopwop

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^ not as focused, tries to do more. but less is more.

is gucci planning on staying loyal to his wife? his heart doesn't rly seem into this song
1. Nas
2. Drake

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Can't say I'm feeling his output since his release from jail. He had like a few okay features, but generally everything that made his 2007-2010 output so appealing appears to be gone right now. It's a shame, because Gucci seems to be in a better place mentally which is a major win for him regardless.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Yohan wrote:Can't say I'm feeling his output since his release from jail. He had like a few okay features, but generally everything that made his 2007-2010 output so appealing appears to be gone right now. It's a shame, because Gucci seems to be in a better place mentally which is a major win for him regardless.
He's had some good shit post jail release, but yea it's def not touching prime Gucci.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

iono, the old shit sounds sloppy now. return of the east atlanta santa might be his best release ever.
1. Nas
2. Drake

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:iono, the old shit sounds sloppy now. return of the east atlanta santa might be his best release ever.
Well, his flow is tighter now, but in some cases his music has lost an edge that it used to have...

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

yeah he's been on this heavy marketing kick since he got out of jail but i think in the next year people will get bored with him.

he needs to get into at least one real life violent infraction per year to keep up his sales.

david111

Post by david111 »

happy for him but this album was unlistenable

david111

Post by david111 »

other than 'i got a bag' which is fire

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

david111 wrote:other than 'i got a bag' which is fire
Not sure if it was fire, but imo indeed the best song of the album. I'd say listenable, it knocks but ultimately it's pretty derivative. 3/5
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:iono, the old shit sounds sloppy now. return of the east atlanta santa might be his best release ever.
Strongly disagree. Top notch Gucci is still absolutely top notch. You can easily compile a playlist of 30-40 tracks that still bang. Also, sometimes that sloppiness is exactly what makes a song appealing. Songs like Photoshoot or Wonderful are still amazing through the years.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

"i got the bag" is a half ass generic migos feature. "met gala" with offset was better, but their best collabo this year was on culture

aka song of the year.

the whole first third of this album is checking the boxes on features. doesn't really pick up til "members only". i really fw "money makes u handsome".
1. Nas
2. Drake

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

I def fuck with I got the bag and met gala, don't really see the hype on members only tho.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Yohan wrote:
david111 wrote:other than 'i got a bag' which is fire
Not sure if it was fire, but imo indeed the best song of the album. I'd say listenable, it knocks but ultimately it's pretty derivative. 3/5
Strongly disagree. Top notch Gucci is still absolutely top notch. You can easily compile a playlist of 30-40 tracks that still bang. Also, sometimes that sloppiness is exactly what makes a song appealing. Songs like Photoshoot or Wonderful are still amazing through the years.
If you're a fan of trap, Gucci's back catalog is essential. Sure, there's a lot of material to sift through, but it's worth it.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »