"The sound of the music is fucked" - Mike Rapaport on hiphop

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

fatboybrandon

"The sound of the music is fucked" - Mike Rapaport on hiphop

Post by fatboybrandon »

Not a fan of this show or any of these commercial platforms who use Hip Hop for the dollar while sacrificing it's cultural integrity. But every now and then I enjoy tuning in to commercial media just to be entertained by certain figures who bomb on the industry (Beanie Siegel, Onyx, Joe Budden, R.A. The Rugged Man etc.) and how it projects the image of Hip Hop.

Be sure to skip past the wack-ass intro beat for their show. Rant/humor by Rapaport begins at 19:16
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Re: "The sound of the music is fucked" - Mike Rapaport on hi

Post by step one »

Why has this dude become a go-to for opinions on rap music?
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

I never knew he was, i never saw him as a go-to. Though I do agree with him on a number of points and his rant was funny.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Guys a clown. He was on Stern yesterday kissing his ass.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

why is this forum dead? because a thread about some random rant by this ginger faggot gets more replies than the thread on the new gucci mane album. RIP
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Social media kinda killed forums in general. But when there is a good topic, it usually brings out crew. DPB’erz!

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Philaflava wrote:Social media kinda killed forums in general. But when there is a good topic, it usually brings out crew. DPB’erz!
This is partly true, but go on KTT. The night the Young Thug x Future mixtape dropped, the thread for it had nearly 500 pages in just that night.

step one

Post by step one »

2PBs with 5 people contributing are infinitely preferable to 500 pages of 'Thug got that fire doe' + *blacktwitter.gif*
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Not sure what I find a bigger cliche: another actor doing the Trump bash, or his Jaz-wannabe rant?

He’s right about that Jay-Z album though.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

this forum has never cared about popular trap music, it has always cared about aging dudes who are mad that times have changed.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Sure, we all wish it was back in the days and the music was as good as it was then but get the fuck over it already.

I love classic Hip Hop as much as anyone, and I was def someone who was an old head for mad years (documented here plenty of times) but I stopped hating and starting appreciating new music for what it is and I like a lot of it.

That 21 Savage album is very dope. Isaiah Rashad last year was very dope. The new Gucci album has some joints. A$AP Ferg's tape was pretty dope. Love Dave East since he came out and he keeps getting better.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Spartan wrote:Not sure what I find a bigger cliche: another actor doing the Trump bash, or his Jaz-wannabe rant?

no doubt. the ageing woke crowd who jock it are insufferable ('top 3 jay album!' 'AOTY').

hip hop has always been about cheating on your girl.
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

rapperport is hella off point about these new school producers tho. how can you not hear the craftsmanship in metro or mike will's beats?
1. Nas
2. Drake

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
Spartan wrote:Not sure what I find a bigger cliche: another actor doing the Trump bash, or his Jaz-wannabe rant?

no doubt. the ageing woke crowd who jock it are insufferable ('top 3 jay album!' 'AOTY').

hip hop has always been about cheating on your girl.
Agreed 100%

The "aging woke crowd" that surfaced upon the release of that jay z album was one of the worst occurrences of 2017.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:rapperport is hella off point about these new school producers tho. how can you not hear the craftsmanship in metro or mike will's beats?
The whole reason hip hop is still relevant is because of it's ability to constantly reinvent itself through changing the sound of its production. Guys like Metro, Wheezy, Mike will, Sonny Digital etc can't be praised enough...

Fuck Rappaport

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

step one wrote:2PBs with 5 people contributing are infinitely preferable to 500 pages of 'Thug got that fire doe' + *blacktwitter.gif*
I agree, sifting through a 500 page thread that's mostly filled with garbage is a massive waste of time, but you have to admit that a large part of the lack of activity here is simply due to of a lack of wherewithal to listen to new music with an open mind. 2PB's with 5 people contributing isn't necessarily a good thing either...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

As I get older, I’m sure the same goes for some of you as well, less is definitely more. Ain’t nobody got time for that shit. During our college years or entry level job years, we whored the fuck outta this forum. It was our break room, all day long. As most of us got older, took on real responsibilities, real jobs, family and just grew up, a lot of this changed. Plus, I’m waaaaaaaaaaay more into IG than any other social media platform. I probably spend a good hour throughout the day scrolling my feed. I like that hit it and quit it feeling. This forum has drastically changed but all forms like this too. The Coli’s of the world will always bring in the import car, hypebeast teenagers but we don’t want that discussion here. We don’t have time for stop and chats all day. I’d rather be hit with a dilemma of choosing an album stypeones posts in a poll. But the reality is, a good posts brings good discussion. That will never change.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

people are still making hip hop sucks hott takes?

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

No one cares about Crapaport, he is an empty barrell.
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

drizzle wrote:this forum has never cared about popular trap music, it has always cared about aging dudes who are mad that times have changed.
When the rolling check in thread was in its prime, this was not the case at all...

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Philaflava wrote:As I get older, I’m sure the same goes for some of you as well, less is definitely more. Ain’t nobody got time for that shit.
unfortunately this seems to be the way some people think about new music too :fail:
1. Nas
2. Drake

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

remember his reaction to the porzingis draft? how often does he get called out on that?

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

remember when he rapped in that high & mighty video?

he actually posted a somewhat decent woke rapper video clip on his IG today.
some dude named Katori Walker
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba3vNUNhdXF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i didn't watch the interview, but i imagine he's hating on all the chart-topping raps of the day.
as if ATCQ was as chart topping as mc hammer was in the early 90s.

not that i even admire ATCQ that much. but most of my favorite
rappers and groups i enjoyed because of unintentional humor, great beats,
crazy flows, absurdity, or interesting voices. my favorite mos def
track is a cover of "jam on it".

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

^damn, that's funny. I can't imagine Mike Rapaport rapping. Yeah, he is basically hating on the new mainstream sound in the interview, not because of chart-topping status but specifically the new sound of those artists who top the charts.

I'm much the opposite of Mike in my demeanor: I'm an easy-going guy from Harlem who is into many forms of music. I'm happy for everyone else who's enjoying/creating whatever style of music they like. However I never get tired of hearing the endless debate between what people feel is and isn't good Hip Hop, whether online, at the barbershop or on the train.

ric

Post by ric »

Rapaport has some pretty good appearances on that show 'dinner for five' on bravo or whatever.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »