PRT- Pure Poverty
10%
MC Ren- Shock Of The Hour
10%

Total votes: 21

stype_ones

Pick One..

Post by stype_ones »

album from this list. Sunday listening pleasure in between Stranger Things episodes and wife ball breaking. Apparently she is not a Willie D fan.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Re: Pick One..

Post by Blockhead »

Willie D by and HUGE margin. One of my all time favorite albums.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

triple tie in ya eye

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

Rumdidditty dum dum, rum didditty dum dum, Rum diddity dum dum dum
The shock of the hour, Armageddon, Judgment day has come
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Interesting choice. I don't recall that 2nd Das album being great. Some cool b-sides and maybe a few cuts like Freakit, but I'm rolling with Ren.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

Willie D by the biggest margin on any of these polls imo

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

Blockhead wrote:Willie D by and HUGE margin. One of my all time favorite albums.
and Wikipedia confirms this

"I'm Goin' Out Lika Soldier is second album by Willie D in 1992. This album was released after a falling-out with the Geto Boys and refers to the incident on the album in the following lyric "I left Charlie Brown on the cut, 'cause I felt like Snoopy, workin for Peanuts", referring to his feeling of not being properly compensated for his work as an artist. This is a favorite of producer Blockhead."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

das efx album the only one on that list i ever even heard, or owned.

second das efx album was good, or maybe i have bias as it was one of a few rap albums
i bought or heard that year it came out.

i'd say its their last good album.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Doogs wrote:
Blockhead wrote:Willie D by and HUGE margin. One of my all time favorite albums.
and Wikipedia confirms this

"I'm Goin' Out Lika Soldier is second album by Willie D in 1992. This album was released after a falling-out with the Geto Boys and refers to the incident on the album in the following lyric "I left Charlie Brown on the cut, 'cause I felt like Snoopy, workin for Peanuts", referring to his feeling of not being properly compensated for his work as an artist. This is a favorite of producer Blockhead."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:ring: :ring: :ring:

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

these are all flawed but mostly listenable albums

1. down south - uneventful outside of the excellent title track and the song where t ray uses the OK black sunday bassline...they kinda remind me of anotha level but didnt get nearly as good beats

2. prt - for a large stretch of this album youd think you were listening to a reggae or dancehall record...its not bad its just not fully hip hop...the rest is quintessential prt

3. das efx - super bland album without a single standout track....probably should have waited at least a couple years to follow up dead serious as it seems like they used up all their good beats for that and had nothing to make this album with

4. youngstas - on paper the production lineup they pulled was insane..marley, pete rock, beatnuts, kay gee, primo....unfortunately all these guys used their AAA beats and saved their major league stuff for other people...album is ok but completely forgettable

5. mc ren - lazy beats where they seem to just throw some keyboards on every song to make it authentically west coast....the results are bad and they really drag ren down

6. willie d - such a colossal waste of beats....beats bang basically from start to finish but willie d is an embarrassment...with a dope mc this becomes one of the best southern rap albums ever

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

sleazy_j wrote:das efx album the only one on that list i ever even heard, or owned.

second das efx album was good, or maybe i have bias as it was one of a few rap albums
i bought or heard that year it came out.

i'd say its their last good album.
No love for Hold it down? Easily their best

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Hold It Down is their best album.

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

Down South, for less than obvious reasons.
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

clark bent wrote:these are all flawed but mostly listenable albums

1. down south - uneventful outside of the excellent title track and the song where t ray uses the OK black sunday bassline...they kinda remind me of anotha level but didnt get nearly as good beats

2. prt - for a large stretch of this album youd think you were listening to a reggae or dancehall record...its not bad its just not fully hip hop...the rest is quintessential prt

3. das efx - super bland album without a single standout track....probably should have waited at least a couple years to follow up dead serious as it seems like they used up all their good beats for that and had nothing to make this album with

4. youngstas - on paper the production lineup they pulled was insane..marley, pete rock, beatnuts, kay gee, primo....unfortunately all these guys used their AAA beats and saved their major league stuff for other people...album is ok but completely forgettable

5. mc ren - lazy beats where they seem to just throw some keyboards on every song to make it authentically west coast....the results are bad and they really drag ren down

6. willie d - such a colossal waste of beats....beats bang basically from start to finish but willie d is an embarrassment...with a dope mc this becomes one of the best southern rap albums ever
:bork: