57%
Part 2
43%

Total votes: 14

stype_ones

Dead Presidents

Post by stype_ones »

1 VS 2.

Love both- one of my favorite songs of all time. Ski flipped the Lonnie Liston-Smith sample so lovely and it fit Jay's style like a glove. And of course, the Nas sample was just money. I still prefer either of The World Is Yours tracks so for me the whole " You made it a hot line, I made it a hot song" bullshit never resonated, but I digress.

Part 1 was on the 12 inch b/w Aint no Nigga. Stretch played part 1 many weeks in a row and I was enamored. For me, part 1 is the shit. But when you listen to part 2, you see how much Jay came into his own considering the tracks he recorded for RD. That was a short period of time. He grew a great deal from the Payday/Prioity singles to the eventual album.

Which version do you prefer? Even before the poll, I'm rolling with 1, but I absolutely love both versions and, again, it's one of my favorite songs of all time.

stype_ones

Re: Dead Presidents

Post by stype_ones »

This is one of the great moments in Hip Hop. Real shit. I still get goosebumps watching this when Nas said " I sip the Dom P"…..

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

This is a great song either which way you cut it.

I like part 2, but only because I'm more familiar with it.

I listened to them back to back and think it would be better if it was just 5 verses in a row. Both versions are sort of equal from a lyrical point of view, and it's the same beat...

The first one and that video is dope (never saw that before), with Jay-Z, AZ, and Biggie all actually playing Monopoly.

So long story short, I voted for part 2.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Part 1 all day. Part 2 is basically for that new wave.