Meaningless and petty requests...

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

gusty wingers

Meaningless and petty requests...

Post by gusty wingers »

So gloss has a pretty awesome show and we all contribute to an awesome forum... I think currently the market is niche... Whatever you like and however you like it in mass abundance...

I would like to see a dope hip hop mix of nothing but hus, rosewood, roc, all of the cats on cognac tape... I can say off topic that cognac tape is a New York classic... One of the best tapes ever made... I also like tasc f4rce and sons of funk... So please maximum randomness... I'm going to drop a mix in a day or two... Show me your town in a 60 min mix... Whether it's Chicago... New Orleans... Give me the dirty... *dodges eggs... All I want is mixes
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

Versive

Re: Meaningless and petty requests...

Post by Versive »

I've done three compilations of LI Rap. Rozewood is on v1. Hus is on v2. V3 is from this year.

http://www.longislandrap.com/2015/05/lo ... ume-1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.longislandrap.com/2016/05/lo ... ume-2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.longislandrap.com/2017/05/lo ... ume-3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I turned v1 into a continuous mix: http://www.longislandrap.com/2016/01/lo ... rsion.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Haven't done it for v2 yet, because I was waiting on a chopped and screwed version but it's looking like that's probably not going to happen.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

oh shit man this is dope :cheers:

would love to see a Houston hip hop mix, some classic geto boys, zro, devin, k rino, all the rap a lot era stuff with maybe some hidden Houston gems... possibly gloss could do or has done something like that in the past on his show... also would like to get a feel good kind of mix... I always try to give my girlfriend an idea of how good hip hop can be by trying to show her the music that got me into it, the ability to be clever, the masta ace "beautiful" kind of cuts of the world with the classic soul samples... the wisdom without over excessive bragging... but I seem to be struggling more and more as the days go by to pick these kinds of yacht rap types of cuts... the NYOil "unreal" or little brother "love song revisited" kinds of tracks... I cant put it into words but I think everybody knows the kind of track i'm talking about... that sunday morning wake and bake feel good stuff... I am so uninspired by hip hop that I forget so much early 2000s-2010 classics I used to love... stuff like this

it's all about the themed mixes baby... trying to put the ultimate sunday morning wake and bake, football, grandma knocking on your door with the pasta and the meatballs... a six pack in the fridge... that kind of mix...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

we got a southern show on deck. feelin jack on was on WCC IV.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

what is everyones favorite rap to listen to when on oxy? need that super warm shit...

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

Yeah that Cognac Tape is dope as fuck. One of my favorite albums from the past however many years.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

gusty wingers wrote:what is everyones favorite rap to listen to when on oxy? need that super warm shit...
if only there was an entire subgenre of rap devoted to music that's good to listen to on downers

we can only dream
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

drizzle wrote:
gusty wingers wrote:what is everyones favorite rap to listen to when on oxy? need that super warm shit...
if only there was an entire subgenre of rap devoted to music that's good to listen to on downers

we can only dream
:ackbar:

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

been years wanting a mix like this of max b... makes me wish somebody could put an 80 song fahim mix together... or even jeezy :larry: