tehgiftofgab

Re: Eminem: 'Revival'

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Eminem came out w a new cd today and it’s actually really really good

step one

Post by step one »

^^^
There is no chance of this being a good album. None whatsoever.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Dear Eminem,

Seek the legends for beats. They have no problem hooking you up.
Stop the yelling, please.
Stop the double time flow or Migos or J Cole or whatever you're doing now. Do you, circa '99.
Leave Charlamagne alone. He speaks for many of us.
Stop these weird forced R&B hooks.
Less is more.
You can't be THAT angry anymore.
You are 45, don't feel the need to act 25 anymore. We all grow up, including your fans.

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

^ cosign! I just previewed the album at iTunes. I guess people who like the trap sound they might like it, but I'm not one of those people.

I could imagine teens and 20 year olds listening to this and getting the impression that this a rapper past his prime who is forcing himself to fit into a musical identity that's not his fit.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

tehgiftofgab wrote:Eminem came out w a new cd today and it’s actually better than Revival, but still has mediocre beats and lots of complex, technical, fast rapping with mostly juvenile subject matter
fixed.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Well if I ever needed someone to prove my point, it’s mindbender disagreeing with me, thanks braj

The ringer, greatest, lucky you, not alike, fall, kamikaze are all actual rap songs w actual beats and rap hooks

Phila, this is about as close as he’s been to that in 15+ years

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

This album reeks of desperation worse than a chubby, softball-playing mom. "Kamikaze" was stopped after approximately the first thirty seconds because he sounds like Necro with a TBI imitating Kendrick Lamar's snappier raps. Having experienced this in its totality, it's safe to say that Eminem needs to find a role in which he's permanently behind the scenes.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

tehgiftofgab wrote:Well if I ever needed someone to prove my point, it’s mindbender disagreeing with me, thanks braj

The ringer, greatest, lucky you, not alike, fall, kamikaze are all actual rap songs w actual beats and rap hooks

Phila, this is about as close as he’s been to that in 15+ years

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kamikaze-rev ... 54206.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
...and then turns his sights on a younger generation of "Soundcloud" rhymers who, by Eminem’s telling, didn’t have things as hard as he coming up.

Those in the firing line include Drake, upbraided for, as per the rumours, employing a team of ghost-writers (“I don't say the hook unless I wrote the hook.”) and Tyler the Creator (“Tyler Create nothing”).

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Do you have to troll EVERY thread?? Siiigh

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

You have a bitch ass opinion, in addition to bitch ass analytical skills, and I find them odious, you whiny bitch.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Says the guy saying mindbenders music is amazing... I get your trolling but Jesus Christ ... 76k+ posts

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/31/17803674/ ... -tay-keith" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Kathy Griffin also gets a shoutout on the title track: “Kathy Griffin, stackin’ ammunition / Slap the clip and cock it back on competition.” She has already tweeted her delight over the reference.) ...

"I inspired the Hopsins, the Logics, the Coles, the Seans, the K-Dots, the 5’9s, and, oh, brought the world 50 Cent" ...

Throughout Kamikaze’s second track, “Greatest,” he interpolates Kendrick Lamar’s “Humble,” most brilliantly when he self-mockingly notes, “Revival didn’t go viral!”

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

tehgiftofgab wrote:Says the guy saying mindbenders music is amazing... I get your trolling but Jesus Christ ... 76k+ posts

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

https://www.eonline.com/news/964554/emi ... ump-disses" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One of the more egregious parts of the song comes when Eminem disses Tyler, The Creator, rapping, "Tyler create nothing, I see why you called yourself a f----t, bitch / It's not just 'cause you lack attention / It's 'cause you worship D12's balls, you're sac-religious." Eminem received criticism for using anti-gay slurs on his first two albums, as well as when he released "Rap God" in 2013. But Eminem has always denied being homophobic, once defending himself in a Q&A with Rolling Stone. "It was more like calling someone a bitch or a punk or a--hole. So, that word was just thrown around so freely back then," he said, arguing that he says "so much s--t that's tongue-in-cheek" and has no legitimate problems with LGBTQ people. "The real me sitting here right now talking to you has no issues with gay, straight, transgender, at all. I'm glad we live in a time where it's really starting to feel like people can live their lives and express themselves."

step one

Post by step one »

Emp posting like no one else has the internet or access to google is one of the stranger things about this site.

You know no one reads half of what you post ?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

step one wrote:Emp posting like no one else has the internet or access to google is one of the stranger things about this site.

It's like you posting Jungle mixes.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

https://pitchfork.com/news/bon-ivers-ju ... e-message/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon on His Eminem Collaboration: “Not a Fan of the Message”

Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon features on the new Eminem album Kamikaze, appearing on the song “Fall.” The track features Eminem taking shots at other rappers, including Tyler, the Creator, about whom he rapped: “Tyler create nothin', I see why you called yourself a f****t, bitch.” Now, Vernon has taken to Twitter to address the song. “Was not in the studio for the Eminem track,” he wrote, responding to a fan. “Came from a session with BJ Burton and Mike Will. Not a fan of the message, it’s tired. Asked them to change the track, wouldn’t do it.”

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Gave up listening to it. Based on him dissing his previous effort, I dread to imagine how much worse that offering had been.

step one

Post by step one »

Employee wrote:
step one wrote:Emp posting like no one else has the internet or access to google is one of the stranger things about this site.

Those 2 or 3 mixes really wedged themselves firmly into your conciousness didnt they? You listen to them often? You'll enjoy the book when (if) i drop it. You fucking weirdo.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Employee wrote:

:copy:
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

I got 4 songs in. I get it....it's not as bad as his previous efforts, but it's still not good.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

I enjoyed it. Probabaly won’t listen again, but it was less cringe-worthy than I would have guessed.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Employee wrote:This album reeks of desperation worse than a chubby, softball-playing mom. "Kamikaze" was stopped after approximately the first thirty seconds because he sounds like Necro with a TBI imitating Kendrick Lamar's snappier raps. Having experienced this in its totality, it's safe to say that Eminem needs to find a role in which he's permanently behind the scenes.
Just the facts, ma'am.
Marshall has lost the plot. He should just help nurture and distribute new, better MCs. He can't make a simple fun song with a normal good beat to save his rich isolated life.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

You should hit him up and do a recawd
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

blastmaster wrote:I enjoyed it. Probabaly won’t listen again, but it was less cringe-worthy than I would have guessed.

i made it through. the double surprise of the album drop+track 1 not being embarrassing makes the album. there are a couple good moments after that. better than could be expected of em in 2018. slightly > 444
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Philaflava wrote:Dear Eminem,

Seek the legends for beats. They have no problem hooking you up.
Stop the yelling, please.
Stop the double time flow or Migos or J Cole or whatever you're doing now. Do you, circa '99.
Leave Charlamagne alone. He speaks for many of us.
Stop these weird forced R&B hooks.
Less is more.
You can't be THAT angry anymore.
You are 45, don't feel the need to act 25 anymore. We all grow up, including your fans.

Sums it up . if he would just stop whine and bitching. Make songs about something other than that . Thats why heads are dissing its not the skill that lacks its the subject matter and lack of substance. Or be the weird and silly slim shady .

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Twista already made the best rap album called Kamikaze :smugkid:

3 classic singles with the o.g Slow Jamz, Overnight Celebrity, and Sunshine; plus the most underrated single of Twista's career with this masterpiece: