RIP To The Legendary Craig Mack

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

LONDON

RIP To The Legendary Craig Mack

Post by LONDON »

his debut album was the first rap/hip hop album i properly brought myself when i was 14/15, before that it was dubbed tdk cassette tapes from other people, rip to this hip hop culture/music legend, condolences go out to his family, rip doggie
"get this money by all means necesssary"

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Re: RIP To The Legendary Craig Mack

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

I have both of his albums on CD, plus a couple singles. Honestly, this death hits me harder than Prodigy, but not as hard as Sean Price. Rest In peace!

Last edited by I Smell Like Un Kasa on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Big and Craig Mack dropped around the same time. There was only so much allowance I saved up, so I had to pick one. I remember it was divided in school. This was like picking your allegiance with a gang or political party. I decided I was buying Project Funk Da World over Ready To Die. Craig Mack just was different. Everyone was hyping Big but it was too commercial for me. I wanted that Funk. It makes perfect sense that Erick Sermon is partly responsible for helping him get signed. Mack always reminded me a little of Redman. I eventually bought Ready To Die, but Craig Mack is the spark that ignited Bad Boy. Never forget that. RIP.

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

I think this photo right here speaks volumes on the differences between Craig Mack and Biggie:

hessbz12

Post by hessbz12 »

I was about 14/15 when Project Funk the World came out. I remember I was at the mall with my best friend from high school. My parents were picking us up at the mall and I took a chance and bought the CD and hid it in my hoodie front pocket because my parents didn't allow for Parental Advisory CDs. I remember it was one with the peel off sticker, so I got it to peel off once I got home. I'll never forget that.

Also bought his second CD. Really liked that tape as well.

RIP

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

RIP. Too young.

Get Retarded is an all time favorite. Of course Flava in Ya Ear and the Remix are just all time classics and his whole first album was extremely dope.

Q-Tip Remix of Get Down is another classic joint.

Just watched this doc last summer. Very nice

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

I've been meaning to finish watching that Craig Mack doc.

Westwood just posted this up: