Did Killer Mike just kill the RTJ cash cow?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: Did Killer Mike just kill the RTJ cash cow?

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Employee wrote:Too late as EL-P is complaining about no one rewarding him for or paying attention to his virtue signaling.
Art is dead and there are no more artists; just starfuckers and Temporary Revolutionaries.
:sad: :ohsh: :fail:

I expected more from hoppy

And when you were talking about new RTJ songs this might inspire, I thought "Tougher Colder Killer" might get a 2018 NRA remix :omar:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ardamus wrote:I remember him saying he was a libertarian a while ago and mentioned voting for Jill Stein. None of this surprises me. However, I did want to know what he meant by his version of libertarianism some more though.

Marked around 3:16
He doesn't clarify his political views because they're entirely malleable as he had now apologized for nothing he's elucidated. Whatever is popular, he will cosign; especially now that he knows it will negatively impact his financial bottom line if he says whatever he wants to say.

I guess he's a "Pan Africanist" so there's that. The rest seems to be dictated by what the Cultural Mob wants.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Employee wrote:Too late as EL-P is complaining about no one rewarding him for or paying attention to his virtue signaling.
Art is dead and there are no more artists; just starfuckers and Temporary Revolutionaries.
:sad: :ohsh: :fail:

I expected more from hoppy
You shouldn't have, bruh. EL-P has gone full SJW, brah.
Mindbender Futurama wrote:might get a 2018 NRA remix :omar:
:rofl:

The companion track will be an EL-P composition titled "My Safe (Synth) Space)."

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Employee wrote:
ardamus wrote:I remember him saying he was a libertarian a while ago and mentioned voting for Jill Stein. None of this surprises me. However, I did want to know what he meant by his version of libertarianism some more though.

Marked around 3:16
He doesn't clarify his political views because they're entirely malleable as he had now apologized for nothing he's elucidated. Whatever is popular, he will cosign; especially now that he knows it will negatively impact his financial bottom line if he says whatever he wants to say.

I guess he's a "Pan Africanist" so there's that. The rest seems to be dictated by what the Cultural Mob wants.
That part, in bold...I can't remember where I read it but someone made a note saying something like "yeah, you apologized but did you return that NRA check?". And it made me go "hmmmm". Myjah has a point about some of what he spoke on in that interview. But my thing is, why do it though if the NRA can manipulate your interview and turn into something else before the public?

Pan Africanist, sure. If anything, he is strong on self-reliance, hunting, and farming. So I guess, add self-defense and pro-guns to his resume.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

But my thing is, why do it though if the NRA can manipulate your interview and turn into something else before the public?
He's far too savvy to be claiming "manipulation." I'm not sure how he was manipulated by the airing of an interview. He's never clarified; only rambled.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

if i move to the US i'm buying a gun day 1. any recos?
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

blastmaster wrote:Solid move to purge what has become one of the worst and most annoying fan bases in all of music. Maybe I’ll come to a show now.
RTJ1 tour was lit beliedat

mike is better solo tho tbh
1. Nas
2. Drake

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

This is 2018: Spin shitting on Killer Mike and legacy conservative establishment Red State praising him...ROFLWTF.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

TheBigSleep wrote:We'll probably have to start bagging our milk.
I don't drink cow's milk. I also don't suck frog's dick. I'm good.

And America's best days are FOREVER BEHIND IT. I laaaaugh at you trying to speak from some arrogant position like your country is superior to Canada.

Whiteboy, your country kills children in school. Fuck your world.

You gotta bag your high schoolers at the coroner's every fucking week. Fuck America. Evolve to a civilized place ASAP :bunk:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
You gotta bag your high schoolers at the coroner's every fucking week.
:rofl:

Monotonous

Post by Monotonous »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:if i move to the US i'm buying a gun day 1. any recos?
Every American should own a Glock 19 and an AR15.

And you should be well regulated in their use.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Killer Mike should be ashamed of himself and return the title of "Revolutionary" to whomever it belongs.

Never listening to these cats again.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

i can't follow this anymore. KM is a legend, he's paid his dues in rap and politics. disgusting to see every soy-pumped genderqueer with a twitter account shit on him. i say let off a clip in their general direction.
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Monotonous wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:if i move to the US i'm buying a gun day 1. any recos?
Every American should own a Glock 19 and an AR15.

And you should be well regulated in their use.
AR15 is basically and m16 right? i'd rather have the rifle that won vietnam.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:soy-pumped.
That's who he caved to; he's finna lick shots at 'em now? LOL. Too many Drake Cakes in your mouth.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Hair and make up is abbreviated H&MU not H&M. Anyone who see's H&M is certainly going to think H&M the retailer.

anticonguy

Post by anticonguy »

:omar:
Employee wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:05 pm
Philaflava wrote:El-P is biting his lip so hard. He really can't do or say anything. Mike has been very open about this but the very demographic that runs out to buy RTJ albums or go to their shows are the very ones with Emma Gonzalez tshirts on.
Excellent points. I think it's hilarious that he plays the Rowdy Redheaded Rap Rebel and goes out of his way to write shocking, offensive lines. But when it comes to offering anything of actual intellectual rebellion in a mass culture setting: he's quiet as a field mouse.
El P is a good producer but he is a fraud you hit on excellent points on why this dude is a cornball. Rtj is for white teens.
"i cant listen to any rap... i think it all is pretty much boring to listen to.... i would never listen to some underground or mtv-underground shit when im home washing dishes or whatever... but some people still like rap... god bless em, thats who buys my records!"- sole

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

RTJ fucking blows /endthread
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on