Rest In Peace: Alias

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Rest In Peace: Alias

Post by Employee »

Awful news.

He was easily among the best producers of the last twenty years and part of a movement that changed everything.

RIP and respect.

Jayou Ayen

Re: Rest In Peace: Alias

Post by Jayou Ayen »

RIP

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

waaaaat the fuck, that is insanely sad. Rest In Peace Brendon.

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

He seemed like a really good guy. His whole internet persona at least. That's really sad and I can't imagine he he was very old :(

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

Maybe early to mid 40s or so? Anyone here know the guy personally?

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

RIP. Never was an anticon fan but the guy could produce very well. I remember liking that song where he was rapping as god too. Gonna find that one.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

This one is amazing:

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

Employee wrote:This one is amazing:

Yeah that’s a beautiful beat.

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Doogs wrote:He seemed like a really good guy. His whole internet persona at least. That's really sad and I can't imagine he he was very old :(
41... he was a good dude in real life too

RIP

malpractice

Post by malpractice »

:(

Kool Max Power

Post by Kool Max Power »

damn, sad news ... r.i.p.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

too young. RIP

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

Damn. His Muted album got a lot of play from me back in the day. Was actually wondering if he was still making music recently. This sucks to hear.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Employee wrote: Awful news.

He was easily among the best producers of the last twenty years and part of a movement that changed everything.

RIP and respect.
Was he a heavy drug user?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Met him once. Cool dude and real chill. Amazing producer; thought he was solid as a rapper.
I remember thinking I didn't hear from him for a while and seeing he had alot of instrumental albums out.
I want to say, around when I got a promo copy of Fever Dream, I was looking back at what else he dropped.
I remember listening back to Deep Puddle Dynamics and listening to some of his verses thinking they were slept on heavily.
Rest in peace.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

done

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

thank you, jason

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/04/02/ ... age-of-41/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fans, friends mourn influential hip-hop artist from Maine after his death at age 41

Alias, whose real name was Brendon Whitney, was known for his intelligent and poetic songs, as co-founder of the indie record label Anticon, and as an eternally upbeat friend and father.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

sean wrote:thank you, jason
Sluggo, good to see you around these parts. Do me a favor and tell yourself as well as Mr. I Self I said hello. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

And not to hijack this thread, but please tell Mr. Mkali that he better release a triple album soon. The people need it now more than ever.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Clean Hobo wrote:
Sluggo, good to see you around these parts. Do me a favor and tell yourself as well as Mr. I Self I said hello. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

And not to hijack this thread, but please tell Mr. Mkali that he better release a triple album soon. The people need it now more than ever.
Considering hobo's checkered history with intuition, this post is downright frightening.

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Clean Hobo wrote:

Considering hobo's checkered history with intuition, this post is downright frightening.
I've never met or spoken to Intuition in person, so it's a bit different. I've never met sean either (according to him he had "too many weed brownies" to chill after his concert) but I Self Devine is about as cool as they come. Had chinese food with him and hung out all night after the show. Got kicked out of a backstage room at The Hard Rock because of too much weed smoke seeping out into the hallways. I was manic as a motherfucker at that time but it was a great night in Vegas. I still talk to him from time to time and I'm sure we'll hang again one of these days (years). Slug is probably scared of me, as most of you are. I can't blame any of you in the least. I scare myself more than anyone.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Clean Hobo wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Clean Hobo wrote:

I've never met or spoken to Intuition in person, so it's a bit different. I've never met sean either (according to him he had "too many weed brownies" to chill after his concert) but I Self Devine is about as cool as they come. Had chinese food with him and hung out all night after the show. Got kicked out of a backstage room at The Hard Rock because of too much weed smoke seeping out into the hallways. I was manic as a motherfucker at that time but it was a great night in Vegas. I still talk to him from time to time and I'm sure we'll hang again one of these days (years). Slug is probably scared of me, as most of you are. I can't blame any of you in the least. I scare myself more than anyone.
It's not that we're scared of you, it's more that no one wants to be around a racially confused cuck like you. Kind of like how your ex wife and kids want nothing to do with you. In our society we sweep people like you under the proverbial rug, and hope they never rear their ugly (bald) head again.

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote: :lbass: :retard: :lbass:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

not really the place for this, especially in this thread. guys, keep it positive, donate or keep your banter in another thread please.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Bits & Pieces (2000)

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

Philaflava wrote:not really the place for this, especially in this thread. guys, keep it positive, donate or keep your banter in another thread please.
I was just about to say that. My bad.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Philaflava wrote:not really the place for this, especially in this thread. guys, keep it positive, donate or keep your banter in another thread please.
No prob

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

https://soundcloud.com/odd-nosdam/alias-warm-up" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Odd Nosdam
warm up for ALIAS benefit show NY 7/10