NASIR

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: NASIR

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Neuro wrote:Honestly. Have any of you heard a rap scheme.like t h is. Im glad its different. And you motherfuckers cant tell me his rhyme skill and spitt isnt dope on this. And this is only the begining of what we know whats to appear with the rest. Stop being negative ducking nancys
I know your gimmick is caping for fading 90's rappers, but be real for a second....would you be bending over backwards to find a way how that song is "dope" if it wasn't Nas? I don't care about "rhyme skill" that song just doesn't sound good by any stretch of the imagination.

It would be one thing if this was just an album cut on lost tapes 2, but to put this song out to build up hype for the project is truly mystifying. It's just another example that Nas makes some of the worst decisions ever musically.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

If Bender dropped some hot garbage like Nas just did (nh), you would all be pillorying him. Nas doesn’t get a pass when he makes Rap for Bottoms.

“Skeetlee Deedlee Dee Skattlat Dee Dat Doop Nosebleed Nosebleed raindrop Skeetlee Skat”

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

Employee wrote:If Bender dropped some hot garbage like Nas just did (nh), you would all be pillorying him. Nas doesn’t get a pass when he makes Rap for Bottoms.

“Skeetlee Deedlee Dee Skattlat Dee Dat Doop Nosebleed Nosebleed raindrop Skeetlee Skat”
Innocent Boy lives!

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Of course Beyonce is dropping the Lion King album on Friday :rofl: That family can't ever let Nas have a day.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

:rofl: :rofl:

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

All im saying is lets just see how the full album/mix sounds first. Thats all.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Tanasia snip he posted sounds dope.

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

stype_ones wrote:Tanasia snip he posted sounds dope.
yup....outta the 3 tracks that've leaked so far, the only bad one is Skatt Attack.....good sign. 1 more minute till full thing drops...

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

Other than a few bad tracks and a few bad hooks, this album is fuckin DOPE. I went in with LOW expectations after Skatt Attack

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

This shit fire....

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Def a few joints where the hook or beat bring down the songs even though the lyrics are top notch. I wasn't expecting every song to be amazing anyway but there is plenty of dope shit on here and no one should be complaining. He is rapping at an extremely high level all over this shit.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

This shit is garbage. Lol at the werewolf song
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

stype_ones wrote:Def a few joints where the hook or beat bring down the songs even though the lyrics are top notch. I wasn't expecting every song to be amazing anyway but there is plenty of dope shit on here and no one should be complaining. He is rapping at an extremely high level all over this shit.

3 tracks I'll fuck with. The ALC joint, the Uptown Anthem flip and the shit where he is rapping about his whore baby mama.

Question is any of this better than the 4th best song off Stillmatic?

admiral

Post by admiral »

Art Of It is the best beat he's rapped over in years

Y@k Bollox

Post by Y@k Bollox »

Pretty sure I'll never listen to this again. One spin today, zero desire to revisit.

Monotonous

Post by Monotonous »

I don't know of anyone with so much unused talent.

This shit is trash. With a couple decent looks.

Bro. How is it so hard to pick decent beats? How the fuck?

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

He kinda spittin’ but the production is mostly :fail: as usual

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

I wasn't expecting much so I was pleasantly surprised. I only don't like 5 songs. I wish we knew which songs were left off what albums. Cuz they go as far back as 2006 (Hip Hop Is Dead) and as recent as 2018 (Nasir). He really should have started The Lost Tapes 2 off with that Alchemist joint. The first 3 joints are wack to me.

I already went and combined Lost Tapes 1 + 2 on a CD-R for the car... 11 songs from each release.

:wicked:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/na ... t-tapes-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bitchfork says 5.1:
But it’s tragic to hear what he’s done with some of these productions. For much of the record, Nas sounds like he’s trying too hard. “It Never Ends” is a swirling piano beat from Alchemist primed for a laid back flow that Nas...inexplicably yells over, biting The Notorious B.I.G.’s infamous “Seven Mac-11’s…” line in what appears to be a tribute. This mismatched energy is also apparent on a perfectly serviceable beat from Pete Rock (“The Art of It”), in which Nas sandwiches a single decent verse (“Pulled out the barrel/Four-fifths rip through bone marrow/Make his toes spiral the dirt/While his feet kick up rock, he’s a sprinter”) in between two head-shakers (“A life, Adidas under A, the B for beater, Bottega/British Knights sneaker...” and so on through the alphabet). “Beautiful Life,” his most direct reference to his divorce from the singer Kelis, offers no real clarity to their mutual allegations of abuse, and its celebratory tone leaves a stale aftertaste. Like most of the songs on Lost Tapes 2, it never should have seen the light of day, a sentiment that was, at one point, shared by Nas himself. That he would release an album that didn’t even meet his own standards is dispiriting.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Rolling Stone has a case of the lamez:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... ii-861367/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The most notable moment on The Lost Tapes II will likely remain outlier “Jarreau of Rap (Skatt Attack),” which features Nas rapping over a sample of Dave Brubeck’s ill-metered classic “Blue Rondo à la Turk” (as performed by Al Jarreau). On one hand, the track is somewhat Hamilton-era gimmick rap, inescapable from rockist ideas of virtuosity. It even brings to mind Billy Woods’ recent complaint on Hiding Places, “I don’t wanna go see Nas with an orchestra at Carnegie Hall.” However, Nas has long nimbly rhymed over things like “Carol of the Bells” (1999’s “Shoot Em Up”) or “Für Elise” (2002’s “I Can”), and this tumble of lyrics is equally deft. Anyone whose idea of 1994 also includes Digable Planets, Boogiemonsters and Saafir alongside Illmatic should appreciate it.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

what in the hell

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

http://thesource.com/2019/07/25/nas-prince-masters/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NAS SAYS PRINCE WOULDN’T COLLABORATE WITH HIM BECAUSE HE DIDN’T OWN HIS MASTERS

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Retards reviewing this compilation like its a proper album. It’s fucking throwaways

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »