Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

stype_ones

NASIR

Post by stype_ones »

SEASON

stype_ones

Re: NASIR

Post by stype_ones »

Just from this stream of the listening party, this shit is... Nas is the GOAT.

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

thats a really weird YMCA

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i feel like these listening parties does something to the people in attendance. feels all cult-like.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

We’ve waited 7 years for a new album, they could of atleast added 3 more tracks

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7VW4RFPA2 ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty, pretty good. The length is refreshing (pause) for a Nas album.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Truth. wrote:We’ve waited 7 years for a new album, they could of atleast added 3 more tracks
Perhaps the unreleased tracks from the Kanye/Nas Wyoming recording sessions will show up on Lost Tapes 2 :ironmike:

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

I have defended and enjoyed most of nas recent albums
this one i am not feeling right now

When is he going to make the album with dj premier or even pete rock. Instead of rereleasing illmatic remastered anniversary editions to get us pumped up for this wack kayne collab .

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Neuro wrote:I have defended and enjoyed most of nas recent albums
this one i am not feeling right now

When is he going to make the album with dj premier or even pete rock. Instead of rereleasing illmatic remastered anniversary editions to get us pumped up for this wack kayne collab .

It’s god damn 2018 dude. You couldn’t pay me to listen to an albums worth of Pete Rock beats. You’re why Nas releases remastered editions every year and can’t move past Illmatic. Why the fuck are we talking about Premier and Pete Rock. Cop a fucking snowgoons album and let Nas breath. Shit was 25 years ago. Move along.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

I dont think you are understanding what i said.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Sit troll sit. Good troll

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

You would rather Nas make the same music he made 25 years ago. That’s why he keeps putting out the music he made 25 years ago. Premier and Pete Rock are irrelevant. Let the man make music with people are relevant. Just because you peaked in 1994, doesn’t mean he has to cater to you. Troll lol. Faggot.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

After Prhyme 2, I don't want to hear Primo again. That, and that god awful A$AP Rocky album are the worst albums I've heard this year.

NASIR starts off well, kind of runs out of steam half-way through. Feels like both Nas and Kanye played it too safe, but imo, it's decent. I really ought to give it time to breathe and see if the rest of the tracks grow on me after a few more listens, but as first impressions go, I still prefer Daytona over this, tbh.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

The last album of Primo beats that I gave a shit to ever listen to again was The Ownerz.

The Kanye singing in the middle drags this down. Nas over Daytona’s beats would have been amazing. I’ll take this though. The first relevant Nas album in a VERY long time.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

blastmaster wrote:Nas over Daytona’s beats would have been amazing.
:cheers:

CarlosDelgothoes

Nas hasn't had a dope album in 16 years.

Like, if id knocked a bitch up, the kid would be getting a drivers license by now

I don't wanna hear shit about Hip-hop is Dead or Life is Good. Those are albums that happen to have 3 or 4 good songs.

The rest is mediocre to horrible.

If you were to make an ACTUAL list of worst Nas songs. It wouldn't be shit like Nastradamus, it'd be the 8 crappy songs we get on every LP he's made since God's Son.

This is what happens when you let an artist who is historically bad at picking beats exec produce his own albums.

still GOAT tho

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

CarlosDelgothoes wrote:Nas hasn't had a dope album in 16 years.

Like, if id knocked a bitch up, the kid would be getting a drivers license by now

I don't wanna hear shit about Hip-hop is Dead or Life is Good. Those are albums that happen to have 3 or 4 good songs.

The rest is mediocre to horrible.

If you were to make an ACTUAL list of worst Nas songs. It wouldn't be shit like Nastradamus, it'd be the 8 crappy songs we get on every LP he's made since God's Son.

This is what happens when you let an artist who is historically bad at picking beats exec produce his own albums.

still GOAT tho
Gotta agree. I also agree, Nas over Daytona beats would have been MUCH better. Nas mailed it in and Kanye got a little fanboyish on being the producer of a Nas album.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Disagree that Nas mailed it in. He is more topical instead of rapping about razor blades in cheeks, timberlands and random slick non-sequiturs like we would all prefer, but he is still incredible here. I hope this rejuvenates him and he just picks better beats moving forward instead of being loyal to washed ass losers.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Yo i said i like recent nas i just dont like this wack kayne collab

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

So many more better options for a pair up is what i am saying. Doesnt have to be pete rock or primo. Just not fucking kayne

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Why i mentioned them was tongue in cheek because nas gets the most attention from illmatic still

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Yea this was clearly a career mistake for Nas.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Nas hasn’t been good since Gods Son. Gtfo

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

Spartan wrote:Feels like both Nas and Kanye played it too safe
I'm listening now about a 1/3rd a way through the album, this seems like an accurate description of how it feels to me so far. Not the type of overall vibe I look for though Nas is still nice on the mic. Basically I need to hear the hunger come out of MCs and these two are far removed from it. Back to the underground I go!
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CarlosDelgothoes

alpha wrote:Nas hasn’t been good since Gods Son. Gtfo
Nas has had fantastic verses since GS, even some great songs that I'd listen to alongside his 90s work.

Just no great albums.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

turns out, rapping over good samples sounds good.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

fatboybrandon wrote:
Spartan wrote:Feels like both Nas and Kanye played it too safe
I'm listening now about a 1/3rd a way through the album, this seems like an accurate description of how it feels to me so far. Not the type of overall vibe I look for though Nas is still nice on the mic. Basically I need to hear the hunger come out of MCs and these two are far removed from it. Back to the underground I go!

A third of the way through? It’s 25 minutes my guy. Maybe give it another 10 before your “hot take”.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

This shit is splendid.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

CarlosDelgothoes wrote:
alpha wrote:Nas hasn’t been good since Gods Son. Gtfo
Nas has had fantastic verses since GS, even some great songs that I'd listen to alongside his 90s work.

Just no great albums.
I'd argue Life is Good (the deluxe version) was pretty solid but I agree with this sentiment overall.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Philaflava wrote:
Gotta agree. I also agree, Nas over Daytona beats would have been MUCH better. Nas mailed it in and Kanye got a little fanboyish on being the producer of a Nas album.
Not so sure. This production is perfect for the way Nas is rhyming on this. Daytona was perfect for Push. Kanye curated nicely in my opinion tailoring beats on all these projects.

Don't get me wrong, Nas would sound amazing over the Daytona beats, but I think this works well for him in terms of what he is spitting on this particular album.