Finally Someone Callin Out The Corny Westside Cumm Stain

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

unclebengi

Re: Finally Someone Callin Out The Corny Westside Cumm Stain

Post by unclebengi »

Supreme Blientele is good, but not quite as good as I hoped (or as good as Flygod) despite the incredible production. The insane Busta verse is the highlight of the whole thing. It's definitely a step in the right direction though as far as Griselda's Shady output.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

unclebengi wrote:Supreme Blientele is good, but not quite as good as I hoped (or as good as Flygod)
The only reason this album works is because there is less WSG and it's littered with features. WSG cannot carry a solo album; even an EP is a stretch.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Employee wrote:
unclebengi wrote:Supreme Blientele is good, but not quite as good as I hoped (or as good as Flygod)
The only reason this album works is because there is less WSG and it's littered with features. WSG cannot carry a solo album; even an EP is a stretch.
Is WSG the best rapper in the world? Hell no

Does WSG have the ability to put together good albums? Yes he does

Which matters more?

#JUSTSAYIN

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Employee wrote:
Is WSG the best rapper in the world? Hell no

Does WSG have the ability to put together good albums? Yes he does

Which matters more?

#JUSTSAYIN
Neither matter.

WSG is a half-tard who "DOOTDOOTDOOTDOOTDOOT"'s and "AY YO AY YO AY YO AY YO!"'s his way through what will inevitably be a short-lived career. He is obsessed with optics; not musical presentation. It would be my guess that there are far more people involved in shaping this album than will get credit.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

See that's the thing though, he's the curator of all this shit. I've made the Puffy comparison before and he's largely embraced that role by stepping into the background as an MC. He just uses these solo albums to flex. All the producers and features are strictly from the connections and relationships he's made. He takes as much pride in the artwork and concept as anything. He has good taste and a vision and an ability to make fast friends with the right musical allies.

I don't hate that he makes these solo albums because they're filled with great beats and guests, but he will always be what he will be as an MC and he knows as much.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I just wish he but this much attention and care into Conway's and Benny's releases.

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

Bengi with the common sense posts. Looking to do anything other than smoke weed or lift weights to this music is really beyond the point, as are the useless comparisons to people who aren't on this level of guest artist collaboration. More retconning in this thread than the MCU

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

LOL @ the backhanded compliments and holding WSG to standards few rappers today can meet.
Vlad Analogue wrote:Looking to do anything other than smoke weed or lift weights to this music is really beyond the point
I mean WTF does this even mean :lol:

I have listened to the album while commuting and cooking dinner, and that seemed to work fine as well. Are you looking for something to do yoga or prance around in a meadow to?
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Album is ok. Weaker than FLYGOD. To me, HWWH I-III, he was building a lot buzz and eventually capped everything with FLYGOD. He was still saying the same shit he is now, but I guess maybe I saw it differently since he was still relatively new. Since then though, he's put out 4-5 releases where his verses literally sound recycled. There's really no growth with him, at all, from a rapping stand point. There's only a few solo songs that he's released over the last two years that are worth listening to.

Also, I'm not even sure what Shady had to do with this. In 2017, it's hard to see Eminem allowing an album titled Chris Benoit to be released with his name associated to it.

The Roc songs sounds like Roc soloed the mastering on it. Sounds like complete shit.

Conway sounds lifeless at this stage. Since GOAT flopped, guy literally sounds like he's mailing verses in. His output from now compared to a year ago is embarrassing. Benny is the only one of the three of them who has anything to say at this point.

I'd say Bey Six is Mach's best song.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

they have an inside joke where they rip white people off and sell bootleg trash verses mixed horribly to wicked 4-5 times a year... and sometimes they send them
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:Album is ok. Weaker than FLYGOD. To me, HWWH I-III, he was building a lot buzz and eventually capped everything with FLYGOD. He was still saying the same shit he is now, but I guess maybe I saw it differently since he was still relatively new. Since then though, he's put out 4-5 releases where his verses literally sound recycled. There's really no growth with him, at all, from a rapping stand point. There's only a few solo songs that he's released over the last two years that are worth listening to.

Also, I'm not even sure what Shady had to do with this. In 2017, it's hard to see Eminem allowing an album titled Chris Benoit to be released with his name associated to it.

The Roc songs sounds like Roc soloed the mastering on it. Sounds like complete shit.

Conway sounds lifeless at this stage. Since GOAT flopped, guy literally sounds like he's mailing verses in. His output from now compared to a year ago is embarrassing. Benny is the only one of the three of them who has anything to say at this point.

I'd say Bey Six is Mach's best song.

I largely agree, but a couple things. I think Conway has pretty much continued to be great. GOAT was not good and was completely mishandled by WSG, rollout and everything. It was stale material and all the songs that should have been on it were already put out on Steroids mixtapes trying to drum up some mainstream audience that never existed. It shows WSG's ability to finesse his relationship with Shady that he's even able to release this type of record at this point. But it's the type of shit they should have been focused on from the start (I'm sure the suits have a lot to do with this in one way or another).

Conway's The Blakk Tape was actually excellent (especially his verses) but everything from the track order, artwork, guests, and rollout seem haphazard compared to the release of FlyGod and Supreme Blientele. His lone verse on Blientele is incredible. The best releases Griselda has STILL are Reject 2 and Don't Get Scared Now.

I tweeted yesterday about how I miss the Conway/Mach collabs, styles are completely different, but they always worked. I definitely like Conway with a partner, but WSG ain't it. El Camino has really been improving and shows a nice chemistry with Benny as does 38 Spesh, but I'd love to hear a full Conway/Benny tape.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

unclebengi wrote:See that's the thing though, he's the curator of all this shit. I've made the Puffy comparison before and he's largely embraced that role by stepping into the background as an MC. He just uses these solo albums to flex. All the producers and features are strictly from the connections and relationships he's made. He takes as much pride in the artwork and concept as anything. He has good taste and a vision and an ability to make fast friends with the right musical allies.
He's not "curating" anything beyond his Twitter account; moreover, comparing this gritty blob to Puffy is absurd. WSG has the dollar power behind him now that he lacked previously. With that clout comes a team of people who are going to nurture and "curate" everything because it's their job too; not to mention they're actual professionals and not "DOOT!"-shrieking tards who were unable to successfully translate that wave on a national/international-level.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

unclebengi wrote:GOAT was not good and was completely mishandled by WSG, rollout and everything. It was stale material and all the songs that should have been on it were already put out on Steroids mixtapes trying to drum up some mainstream audience that never existed. It shows WSG's ability to finesse his relationship with Shady that he's even able to release this type of record at this point.
Not only is your entire post contradictory, it betrays your notion of imparted genius as it relates to WSG.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Vlad Analogue wrote:Bengi with the common sense posts. Looking to do anything other than smoke weed or lift weights to this music is really beyond the point, as are the useless comparisons to people who aren't on this level of guest artist collaboration. More retconning in this thread than the MCU
Take the dick and/or dicks out of your mouth, brah.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Weak shit brah...all three of your posts are basura. No one's calling WSG a genius.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

WSG puts a lot of thought and care into his OWN projects...save the early Griselda releases. If I were Conway, I'd be a little shitty honestly.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

I didn't know you were going to begin sobbing.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkVP6f2nGtK ... 8k8hafiblz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I did this with no help no funding no marketing team and I made a classic
:rofl:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

artMajor

Post by artMajor »

I used to love ice cream sandwiches, but then I over analyzed them, got into bs about them, let my overdeveloped palette ruin them...

Now I’m starvig, have a freezer of ice cream sandwiches, but can’t eat them.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

unclebengi wrote: I largely agree, but a couple things. I think Conway has pretty much continued to be great. GOAT was not good and was completely mishandled by WSG, rollout and everything. It was stale material and all the songs that should have been on it were already put out on Steroids mixtapes trying to drum up some mainstream audience that never existed. It shows WSG's ability to finesse his relationship with Shady that he's even able to release this type of record at this point. But it's the type of shit they should have been focused on from the start (I'm sure the suits have a lot to do with this in one way or another).
Again, I'm not sure how much Shady has to do with these projects. I doubt they're clearing samples on a lot of these songs. None of these have had any noticeable Shady involvement aside from a couple of Royce features.
unclebengi wrote: Conway's The Blakk Tape was actually excellent (especially his verses) but everything from the track order, artwork, guests, and rollout seem haphazard compared to the release of FlyGod and Supreme Blientele. His lone verse on Blientele is incredible. The best releases Griselda has STILL are Reject 2 and Don't Get Scared Now.
Agree with a lot of your shit, but I can't get on board with any of that. Blakk Tape came and went, IMO, about as fast as GOAT did. And that verse on Blientele is weak. He's resused this line probably a dozen times over the last few years, 'They say my shit is album of the year and it ain't even out'. And FLYGOD > any other Griselda release, excluding HBO. First 3 songs on DGSN are classics.
unclebengi wrote: I tweeted yesterday about how I miss the Conway/Mach collabs, styles are completely different, but they always worked. I definitely like Conway with a partner, but WSG ain't it. El Camino has really been improving and shows a nice chemistry with Benny as does 38 Spesh, but I'd love to hear a full Conway/Benny tape.
This is ultimate collab from the entire group, and to your earlier point, originally slated for GOAT.

https://brickcityink.bandcamp.com/track/laundromat-rap

Would't discredit the early WSG/Conway collabs though. Hall-N-Nash EP, is them at their peak. Ajax, etc.

All the current Benny/Camino collabs are dope as well as the Benny Spesh collabs. He's clearly superior to Conway at this point.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Y@k Bollox

Post by Y@k Bollox »

Haha. All sold out. $100 for an inkjet print. Impressive.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

felt embarassed for Agallah. Seems like that dude has been deeply depressed forever. Now he's doing apology videos. Watching that last one depressed me a little bit.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

agallah got checked very hard by rock or somebody in the duck down camp, might even have a black eye under those glasses
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Agallah a whole bitch for this shit

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »