03 Greedo

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

unclebengi

03 Greedo

Post by unclebengi »

This dude came out of nowhere to emerge as one of the most talented, prolific artists on the planet.

I'm late, just getting into him after his Wolf of Grape St album released back in March. But since then he's made up about 33% of all the music I've listened too and the only thing I've listened to for the past couple weeks.

He just checked into prison for 20 years yesterday but gave us his best work the day before in God Level which is the album of the year IMO. He reminds me of a funnier Future without the filler and more of a gansta lean. But his consistency though multiple 30 song tapes is amazing. Reminds me of when I first went down the Max B rabbit hole with the wealth of songs and crazy consistency.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Re: 03 Greedo

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Where's best to start? With Future, Thug, & even Max B, feel like their catalogue is so scattered, I've never been able to really get into them.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

God Level is incredible. Top 3 listening experience of the year. It’s a little long, but I get that. I would start with this album as a jumping off point.

Kenny Beats is on fucking fire. Between this, 777 and Freddie, he’s my producer of the year.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I'd say the first Purple Summer (released in '16) is probably the best place to start. Purple Summer 2 is great as well. I haven't heard 3 (I believe it's only available on Spotify?).

But God Level is the best representation of his skill. It's especially sad because he has so many songs toasting to finally breaking through and starting to make money and it's already over for him (at least for several years).

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

some of his best songs-

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

unclebengi wrote:some of his best songs-

:cheers:

Thanks for posting these, I'll give it a listen. I'm late on greedo :lastweek:

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Rude is my fave song by this guy

The Greedo fans I know swear by that First Night Out project of his.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

New ep with Nef The Pharoah

https://soundcloud.com/nefidelaphante/b ... -03-greedo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

thatkidnero

Post by thatkidnero »

This motherfucker is terrible.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

I don't see the appeal other than he chose great beats and features.

I'm not really into a singing autotuned "rapper", regardless if he has a criminal background or not.

I only first heard of dude from appearing on Maxo Kream's album this year.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

If you like Future, Young Thug, and Max B you should be giving 03 a serious shot, because that's the type of artist he is. He's that prolific, versatile, and talented. You shouldn't judge him off a limited sample size because his catalogue since just 2016 is gigantic and relentlessly consistent. If you don't care for Future, Thug, or Max B you are not going to like Greedo. Because of his absurd sense of humor though, I may even like him more than those cats. His music is joyful as fuck despite his content and lifestyle. Replay value is off the charts.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

unclebengi wrote:If you like Future, Young Thug, and Max B you should be giving 03 a serious shot, because that's the type of artist he is. He's that prolific, versatile, and talented. You shouldn't judge him off a limited sample size because his catalogue since just 2016 is gigantic and relentlessly consistent. If you don't care for Future, Thug, or Max B you are not going to like Greedo. Because of his absurd sense of humor though, I may even like him more than those cats. His music is joyful as fuck despite his content and lifestyle. Replay value is off the charts.
Feels like you're speaking directly to me (no homo), because these are the exact type of rappers I like the most. Gonna give his whole catalog a serious look...

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

is this a joke?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

clark bent wrote:is this a joke?
Nah, Def not. Why do you ask that?

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Didn't realize him and Freddie had a relationship.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Think it's mainly just the Kenny Beats connection but I could be wrong. Also, I don't ever really need / want to hear Freddie sing. Not that he's particularly bad at it or anything, it's just not his strength.

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

Max B is in a different league to Future and Young Thug. You can’t just lump him in there.

Greedo’s aight. Good beats.