Mindbender Supreme - Journey Into Sound: THE NEW ALBUM

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Comedy Quaddafi

Re: Mindbender Supreme - Journey Into Sound: THE NEW ALBUM

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

gusty wingers wrote:does he go into #trannygate at all?
I clicked through a bit of the album and wherever I landed there was some sort of reference to trannies within 10 seconds.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

:rofl: dawg needs to pen a letter to the fans
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:There's a lot of #realtalk on here concerning toronto politics+social issues.
:cheers: motherfuckers gonna LEARN.

'Dirt Nap' is one of my favorite songs ever. The Biggie and Tupac rhyme scheme warms my heart every time I hear it.

Ernie Paniccioli loved his shoutout and feels the fucking album deeply. Wow did he give me HELLA praise

:bow:
CarlosDelgothoes wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:I am NO FAN of Kendrick Lamar's.
yeah he's probably only the best rapper of the past 10 or so years but go off
:lol: meh. He's a technically gifted rapper, with a LOT of jumbled, incoherent political philosophy in his head, a LOT of contradictory statements and ideologies floating around his conscious/gangsta identity, and if he didn't get the stamp from Dr. Dre, he would be no different than any other Project Blowed level California MC. Case in point: none of the TDE dudes really have a chance of becoming the next Kendrick, for better and for worse. For 3 months I thought Ab-Soul was the future, then he frazzled out and is so musically erratic, I can't ride for him no more. I'm not a ScHoolboy Q fan neither. Jay Rock is a good ass MC but he doesn't grab me. And none of these guys are getting a Dr Dre co-sign or going plat. Kendrick got kinda lucky. Not that he doesn't deserve it. But if hip hop wasn't so WACK, the leaders of the new school wouldn't be basically Kendrick, J. Cole & Drake. (Big Sean is a great technical rapper... with far too many ignorant and vapid aspirations to be considered a potential leader in rap). I digress.

I think ya boy might have peaked with 'To Pimp A Butterfly' but that's just my opinion. I prefer Section.80 K. Dot over the new version, and I don't like 'Damn' very much. But yeah, keep overrating his greatness all you want, I know there's a serious deficit of rap gods and superstars so, yeah, let's overhype Kenny

907 wrote:Only listened to the first half hour or so. Ups and downs for sure. The beat on the first track is fire, and it's probably the best rapping I've ever heard from you. Flip side, the "Mariah Carey's fleshy boobies" line was the most cringeworthy thing I've ever heard, both in content and delivery. I also think it's pretty Stan'ish that you rushed to get this out on Drake's birthday, but that's whatever, do you. Still think Cybertron is wack, but there's some stuff on here I enjoyed. Will listen to the rest later, but probably not all at once. Two hours, though? Why? Why not cut it down to the best 45 minutes or so? No one wants a double album from their favorite rapper in 2018, let alone an underground Canadian unknown. Even Nas and Kanye are barely putting in a half hour.
Thank you very much! Your thoughts are appreciated.
There is a method to the madness about the release dates. It will be broken down a bit later.

And I made it long because TO MAKE A TRUE SOCIAL STATEMENT WITH ART, YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN EVERYONE ELSE SPEAKING/DOING THINGS. These songs WILL resonate for years to come. The sound is new and the content is new.

You will realize there are no two song structures/formulas that happen twice. This is a creation aimed for taking people FAR AWAY from ALL the audio traps, cliches, stale vibrations and simpleton-ass sonic trends of 2018. A 45 minute album isn't much of an escape. Put this album on for 2 hours, and by the end, you WILL feel refreshed and re-energized by 100000% new audio vibrations. NO following ANY rules of ANY modern rap on this album. This is a reset button for the modern rap game. A fucking flying drop kick in the face of right now. A monkeywrench in the systematic decimation of our sacred music culture.

I want a double album from anyone with enough creative vision to make a double disc without filler.
WHICH I DID. Time will reward this work, I do believe with all my heart. This is one of the best double albums of ALL TIME. There is no filler on it. 10 songs each disc, no two ideas explored twice. God shit.

I'm pretty convinced Kanye did his 7 song projects because The Weeknd did basically the best EP of the year with 6 songs, and Kanye wanted to take the EP idea and one-up bruh, while also doing something different like showing off his whole label roster, which was neat. But then all these dudes started following each other, and not until Drake did his double album did some people start thinking outside the box again. People were even saying "are albums only 7 songs now?" FUCK NO is the answer, I don't care HOW short motherfuckers attention spans are getting. I'm making ART for people who want ART, not the latest remix of the latest trend. Some people will appreciate this album, other won't. I can accept that.

And just because Nas and Kanye don't have much to say right now or don't give a fuck enough to pour their heart out, doesn't mean -I- am equally as silent. I will always be an outlier and a rebellious rhymer.

And after rhyming about reparations and revolution, I gotta have some stupid dumb fun sometimes. Thanks for not feeling the "Mariah Carey's fleshy boobies" line. We made sure to use an extremely silly vocal take. I'm glad we chose the right one :rofl:
gusty wingers wrote:does he go into #trannygate at all?
I speak on gay/lesbian/transgender #raplife on "I Don't Give A CUNT". :omar:

I also officially call Eminem gay on record, but I'm playfully respectful about it. :cas:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Clean Hobo wrote::rofl:
in fact :gyeah:

So, how much did I blow your brain out of your fucking skull with that one song 'Alien Orchestra'? :killacam:

This is a safe space to admit it. It still blows my mind every time I hear it, and I made the shit! :ironmike:

Your silence speaks volumes. There comes a point where you can't even disrespect something REAL.

I am NO FAN of Kendrick Lamar's. But I will NEVER say he can't rap. Cause that would make me a weakling and a liar. And I am not a weakling and a liar. Are you guys weaklings and liars? God wonders.
You need to calm down.

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

Mindbender, do you think you are a better rapper than Kendrick Lamar?

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

CarlosDelgothoes wrote:Mindbender, do you think you are a better rapper than Kendrick Lamar?
:lol:

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Clean Hobo wrote:
CarlosDelgothoes wrote:Mindbender, do you think you are a better rapper than Kendrick Lamar?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:what the hell is trannygate?
#jamesway

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Hell fucking yes. I just don't have access to DR. DRE LEVEL STUDIOS AND BUDGETS.

I'm not saying he's wack. He can rap fast, he can come with cool schemes, he is far from one of the worst things to happen to modern hip hop. He's in the Top Ten of 2018, I guess.

But I think I can do things he can't. I think I'm better than MOST MCs on earth though. Give us equal studio gear and time to create? I believe I'm world class like lots of these other motherfuckers. And what I don't have in technical breath control skill, I have in aspects like abstract imagination, social justice courage and sexual creativity that they DON'T have.

"Damn is these n!ggas that much better than me?" - Kanye West on 'Touch the Sky'
MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY ALL THE FUCKING TIME :larry: :bunk: :fail:

There's a tiny 'shoutout' to Kendrick Lamar in 'Alien Orchestra'. Anyone catch it yet? I almost didn't use it, but the producer wanted to. KANYESHRUG

I really wonder if Pharoahe Monch went HARDBODY on his new album. I heard the song with M.O.P. and it's HARD but he can turn it uppp. Maybe I should listen to that Phila interview :rofl:

I bet my album compares to Pharoahe's, lyrically. :ignore:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Y@k Bollox

Post by Y@k Bollox »

You're a very confident person, Mindbender. To almost enviable levels. I'll give you that.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

CarlosDelgothoes wrote:
:lol: meh. He's a technically gifted rapper, with a LOT of jumbled, incoherent political philosophy in his head, a LOT of contradictory statements and ideologies floating around his conscious/gangsta identity, and if he didn't get the stamp from Dr. Dre, he would be no different than any other Project Blowed level California MC. Case in point: none of the TDE dudes really have a chance of becoming the next Kendrick, for better and for worse. For 3 months I thought Ab-Soul was the future, then he frazzled out and is so musically erratic, I can't ride for him no more. I'm not a ScHoolboy Q fan neither. Jay Rock is a good ass MC but he doesn't grab me. And none of these guys are getting a Dr Dre co-sign or going plat. Kendrick got kinda lucky. Not that he doesn't deserve it. But if hip hop wasn't so WACK, the leaders of the new school wouldn't be basically Kendrick, J. Cole & Drake. (Big Sean is a great technical rapper... with far too many ignorant and vapid aspirations to be considered a potential leader in rap). I digress.

I think ya boy might have peaked with 'To Pimp A Butterfly' but that's just my opinion. I prefer Section.80 K. Dot over the new version, and I don't like 'Damn' very much. But yeah, keep overrating his greatness all you want, I know there's a serious deficit of rap gods and superstars so, yeah, let's overhype Kenny

This is one of those rare instances where I actually agree with you.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Y@k Bollox wrote:You're a very confident person, Mindbender. To almost enviable levels. I'll give you that.
This is the worst insult a british person can give.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

Spartan wrote:This is one of those rare instances where I actually agree with you.
that should tell you something :lol:

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

Spartan wrote:
CarlosDelgothoes wrote:

This is one of those rare instances where I actually agree with you.
Same. I’ve always felt that way regarding Kendrick.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

CarlosDelgothoes wrote:
Spartan wrote:This is one of those rare instances where I actually agree with you.
that should tell you something :lol:
Fuck online opinions of anyone. If anyone here tells the fucking truth, I co-sign it.

I don't care if you hate me or not, there's ENOUGH FUCKING LIARS in the world to stop and :cheers: to ANYONE with enough fucking GUTS, BALLS & INTEGRITY to say things as they are, not as society fabricates shit to look like.

The Emperor still has no clothes, and motherfuckers are like "wow look at the fashion show" :fail:

I ain't say a god damn word of hate to Kendrick. He's pretty cool compared to most new rappers, and I'mma let you finish... but without Dr. Dre's stamp, how is he not just a mix of like Aceyalone and Boots with some YG or W.C. sprinkled on top :lol:

thanks for not being immature about agreeing with me, Spartan. :cheers:

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:but without Dr. Dre's stamp, how is he not just a mix of like Aceyalone and Boots with some YG or W.C. sprinkled on top :lol:
Minus YG you just compared the guy to 3 bonafide legends in hip hop. What a strange way to try to prove your point. I mean, your comparisons are dumb, but I’d love to hear a talented and skilled artist that was influenced by Acey and Boots and WC.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Giving Dr Dre credit for Kendrick’s success is reductive and insulating and just plain incorrect. If anything, Kendrick is responsible for marking Dre relevant again.

As far as comparing your unlistenable pseudo-intellectual community college pop-politics cliche-ridden off beat half-retarded rhythmless rambling shrieking garbage that 10 people will ever hear and maybe three will tell you they enjoyed it to your face and maybe 1 won’t be lying: Any single verse on Section.80 far eclipses anything you have ever dreamed of writing, rapping or performing in your government-supported embarrassment of a life.

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

blastmaster wrote:Giving Dr Dre credit for Kendrick’s success is reductive and insulating and just plain incorrect. If anything, Kendrick is responsible for marking Dre relevant again.

As far as comparing your unlistenable pseudo-intellectual community college pop-politics cliche-ridden off beat half-retarded rhythmless rambling shrieking garbage that 10 people will ever hear and maybe three will tell you they enjoyed it to your face and maybe 1 won’t be lying: Any single verse on Section.80 far eclipses anything you have ever dreamed of writing, rapping or performing in your government-supported embarrassment of a life.
Someone had to do it. Truth has been laid down.

:copy: :lock: :copy:

step one

Post by step one »

:lock:
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Y@k Bollox

Post by Y@k Bollox »

I suppose Messi is a decent footballer, but if I'd have been given growth hormones and had access to Nike level boots and all that, then I'd probably be ripping up La Liga.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Clean Hobo wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:but without Dr. Dre's stamp, how is he not just a mix of like Aceyalone and Boots with some YG or W.C. sprinkled on top :lol:
Minus YG you just compared the guy to 3 bonafide legends in hip hop. What a strange way to try to prove your point. I mean, your comparisons are dumb, but I’d love to hear a talented and skilled artist that was influenced by Acey and Boots and WC.
YG has 2 classics imo.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Clean Hobo wrote:
As I said, I'm not dissing Kendrick. I'm saying he's doing something that others before him have done.

He's not REALLY the revolutionary rapper that the 2010's era people are making him out to be.

From New York to Atlanta to Oakland to LA, there have been Kendrick Lamar level MCs from the 80's, 90's, and 2000's that are exactly equal or WAY better in talent. And many of them never got HALF the love that Kendrick got. So y'all can hype him up.

I'll still be over here, listening to Killah Priest rap fucking concentric circles of astral wisdom above and beyond Kendrick. :rofl:
blastmaster wrote:Giving Dr Dre credit for Kendrick’s success is reductive and insulating and just plain incorrect. If anything, Kendrick is responsible for marking Dre relevant again.

Did you make an album? Do you have enough friends, focus or testicular fortitude to even accomplish this little?

Methinks the lady doth protest too much! I heartily laugh at your feeble attempts to minimize my unprecedented genius. George Clinton himself told me: "you ain't doing nothing creative if nobody hates your shit." So, thank you. And you listened to it. Because you know I ain't a fake fuck like most of the rest of motherfuckers in rap today. In it for the fame and internet stats. Fuck these degenerate pieces of shit.

I'd rather die an MC with integrity and creativity, than make one trap song begging for attention from deplorable scumbags who have no values, morals, or integrity like the hip hop kings of olden days. Y'all can have the game if that's what it is now.

I'll be here, fucking my 9 girlfriends and travelling to random places to do wonderful things.

And you KNOW it worked both ways: Dre using Kendrick for youthful relevance again, and Kendrick using Dre for a level-up. Duh, that's basically the exact same shit that happened with Eminem, I'm not new, you fucking moppet. It worked way better with Marshall cause of the white rapper gimmick value, and Kenny is just another Compton gangsta/griot with a squeaky voice. Dr. Dre has like THREE formulas that he's EVER tried in his life, and they all barely work now. Slim the Mobster was going to be his second 50 Cent and that failed miserably, Rakim failed, Busta Rhymes failed, Eve failed, Last Emperor failed, Raekwon failed, Bishop Lamont failed, plus many others. Anderson .Paak is the latest thing Dre is trying, and dude is supertalented as fuck... but Dre will probably hold him back. Like Jon Connor.

damn bruh. why so serious? you hear one of the lyrics about reparations for Africa and get butthurt?
"community college topics" :lol: go listen to some half-dead Florida degenerate rap about poppin molly and endorsing gang rape if you can't enjoy the realness I rhyme about. I'm really good. Got a guest appearance on a big Toronto radio show tonight. Pardon me, gentlemen and maggots. Good day.
:ignore:

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Clean Hobo wrote:
As I said, I'm not dissing Kendrick. I'm saying he's doing something that others before him have done.

He's not REALLY the revolutionary rapper that the 2010's era people are making him out to be.

From New York to Atlanta to Oakland to LA, there have been Kendrick Lamar level MCs from the 80's, 90's, and 2000's that are exactly equal or WAY better in talent. And many of them never got HALF the love that Kendrick got. So y'all can hype him up.

I'll still be over here, listening to Killah Priest rap fucking concentric circles of astral wisdom above and beyond Kendrick. :rofl:

Did you make an album? Do you have enough friends, focus or testicular fortitude to even accomplish this little?

Methinks the lady doth protest too much! I heartily laugh at your feeble attempts to minimize my unprecedented genius. George Clinton himself told me: "you ain't doing nothing creative if nobody hates your shit." So, thank you. And you listened to it. Because you know I ain't a fake fuck like most of the rest of motherfuckers in rap today. In it for the fame and internet stats. Fuck these degenerate pieces of shit.

I'd rather die an MC with integrity and creativity, than make one trap song begging for attention from deplorable scumbags who have no values, morals, or integrity like the hip hop kings of olden days. Y'all can have the game if that's what it is now.

I'll be here, fucking my 9 girlfriends and travelling to random places to do wonderful things.

And you KNOW it worked both ways: Dre using Kendrick for youthful relevance again, and Kendrick using Dre for a level-up. Duh, that's basically the exact same shit that happened with Eminem, I'm not new, you fucking moppet. It worked way better with Marshall cause of the white rapper gimmick value, and Kenny is just another Compton gangsta/griot with a squeaky voice. Dr. Dre has like THREE formulas that he's EVER tried in his life, and they all barely work now. Slim the Mobster was going to be his second 50 Cent and that failed miserably, Rakim failed, Busta Rhymes failed, Eve failed, Last Emperor failed, Raekwon failed, Bishop Lamont failed, plus many others. Anderson .Paak is the latest thing Dre is trying, and dude is supertalented as fuck... but Dre will probably hold him back. Like Jon Connor.

damn bruh. why so serious? you hear one of the lyrics about reparations for Africa and get butthurt?
"community college topics" :lol: go listen to some half-dead Florida degenerate rap about poppin molly and endorsing gang rape if you can't enjoy the realness I rhyme about. I'm really good. Got a guest appearance on a big Toronto radio show tonight. Pardon me, gentlemen and maggots. Good day.
:ignore:
even though i wholeheartedly disagree with you re kendrick (imo he's top 2 rn) you make a lot of good points. DAMN was just not that damn good outside a couple highlights. it marks a tentative but definite step towards pop rap. butterly, which is widely seen as his magnum opus, rides the wave of flylo & paak.

btw: anybody who thinks section80 is some kind of unimpeachable classic is fucking retarded. at best it shows promise of his proper debut album, which is actually bulletproof.

on a more substantive note, kendrick believes in a form of respectability politics that many progressives abhor. for someone who's just a music fan this may or may not be an issue, but for somebody who LIVES THIS SHIT, i can see it being a big issue.

anyway i'm only hopping in on this cause the thread has already been derailed. what's all of your fav track on JIS? mine's still "fearless".
1. Nas
2. Drake

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

Can’t derail a trainwreck. It’s too late. Everything bender says and does is a trainwreck. Been had derailed.

step one

Post by step one »

Thread (specifically MBs opinions on rap) needs to accompany EDM's fictional one night stand on that flight to the UK

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

just because i'm real and you're fake doesn't reduce the truth in my reality

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
anyway i'm only hopping in on this cause the thread has already been derailed. what's all of your fav track on JIS? mine's still "fearless".
:cheers: :leon:

my favorite song is probably "Cancel The Show". Truly an anti-abuse anthem for the modern era.

The second verse is fucking TIMELESS and a definite contender for verse of the year, I will put that up against ANYTHING ANYONE rhymes this year.

:omar: :copy:

step one

Post by step one »

Hell fucking yes. I just don't have access to DR. DRE LEVEL STUDIOS AND BUDGETS.

Mindbender Futurama wrote:I bet my album compares to Pharoahe's, lyrically. :ignore:

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

real question: do you wanna hear shit by low self-esteem rappers who don't think they can fw the greats?

i mean it would fit your #lowselfesteemlifestyle but still.
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
:cheers: :leon:

my favorite song is probably "Cancel The Show". Truly an anti-abuse anthem for the modern era.

The second verse is fucking TIMELESS and a definite contender for verse of the year, I will put that up against ANYTHING ANYONE rhymes this year.

:omar: :copy:
kevin spacey is innocent IMO. he didn't even fuck that teen. he backed off when he said he wasn't with it. then the kid grows up to be the super gay guy on the new star trek, so obviously kev was "barking up the right tree" if u know what i mean.
1. Nas
2. Drake