RIP Lord Superb

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

GUCCI CONDOMS

RIP Lord Superb

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.48735/titl ... asses-away#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lord Superb has apparently passed away. DJ Premier, Roc Marciano and Lord Jamar are three of the many who took to social media to mourn the passing of the former Wu-Tang Clan affiliate. The tweets starting pouring in on Tuesday (October 9).

Lord Jamar wrote a heartfelt tribute in an Instagram post.

“Rest In Power to my baby bro Jamel Bibbs p.k.a. LORD SUPERB,” he wrote. “I’m saddened by his passing, because I watched this talented young soul grow up from the age of 16, but because of poor choices he never truly lived up to his POTENTIAL…PERB was one of the illest/hoodest/funniest/knowledgable individuals I’ve ever met.

“It’s a shame the world has never heard his BEST MATERIAL, which was recorded with me at 560 State St. in Brooklyn during the mid 90’s. I love u Perb, & u will be missed.”

His influence on Supreme Clientele was undeniable.

step one

Re: RIP Lord Superb

Post by step one »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
:fail:

you notice how these dudes only ever claim to be involved with classics and hit singles though? No one ever pops up trying to take credit for something that bricked.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

step one wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
:fail:

you notice how these dudes only ever claim to be involved with classics and hit singles though? No one ever pops up trying to take credit for something that bricked.
Well I think there's also claims he wrote for ghost on bulletproof wallets, specifically on the The Juks. I don't believe he ever wrote for ghost, but I do think he had some influence on how ghost changed his style a bit during that era.

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

wasn't this the dude that went to jail for fucking a 12 year old?

step one

Post by step one »

Ghost's style came from Cappadonna. These weed carriers that want more credit are pretty much always unable to drop anything of any note when they're out on their own which says it all.

RIP still. I liked his verse on We Made It.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

CarlosDelgothoes wrote:wasn't this the dude that went to jail for fucking a 12 year old?
Yea, I believe he did 3-4 years in jail for fuckin a 12 year old girl

Y@k Bollox

Post by Y@k Bollox »

Wow. Done for noncing not once, but twice! I had no idea.

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

Banging a 12 year old is obviously foul, but he was talented.

People used to jock Trife, but Superb>Trife all day every day

Y@k Bollox

Post by Y@k Bollox »

Doogs wrote:Banging a 12 year old is obviously foul, but he was talented.
He was 20 at the time. As Necro would say - ROT.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Doogs wrote:People used to jock Trife, but Superb>Trife all day every day
Agreed. Thinking about it quickly, superb was top 3 wu affiliates. For me it would be La the Darkman, Superb, Shabazz the Disciple

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Agreed. Thinking about it quickly, superb was top 3 wu affiliates. For me it would be La the Darkman, Superb, Shabazz the Disciple
smh

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

CarlosDelgothoes wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
smh

Ha true, def gotta include Killah Priest

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

Y@k Bollox wrote:
Doogs wrote:Banging a 12 year old is obviously foul, but he was talented.
He was 20 at the time. As Necro would say - ROT.
Well, when you put it like that, that's no different than hustler.

step one

Post by step one »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
not really getting why he's held in such high regard tbh. Are either of his albums worth checking or it just people trying to seem cool and root for an obscure artist with a relatively small catalogue.

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

I don't hold him in anywhere near that high regard. I just like his guest appearances on those ghost albums and always found Trife overrated.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

His career highlight was offering comical relief on otherwise flawless songs. "My mouth stays dry cuz I swallowed the struggle" + "my tapes stay at the beginning cuz that's how they rewind".

This is from the SC wiki:

In 2004, Lord Superb, formerly of Raekwon's American Cream Team and a collaborator of Ghostface's, made claims that he had "ghostwritten" the entire album of Supreme Clientele.[9] Tony Yayo of G-Unit would later bring the topic back to the surface in 2006.[10] However, in an interview with Rhapsody Music, Ghostface responded with "Yeah, I was in Europe when I heard Tony Yayo say that. That's just nonsense. I still put mad shit out. 'Perb (Superb) is Rae's (Raekwon) man. He been in the studio a few times while we're doing shit. He ain't write shit. All 'Perb contributed was a couple of lines that you could put in the air. When we write, we all do that. "Say this one right here" or "Put this one right here". We all catch lines with each other 'cause you in the studio. You got niggas around you that write. Even if he did write a verse, he could never make an album of mine. He couldn't make an album, you feel me? I made Supreme Clientele what it is. Those are my stories, based around what they're based upon. It's me. I can't see what songs 'Perb wrote. He ain't write "Mighty Healthy" or "One" or "Apollo Kids" or "Cherchez LaGhost" or "Saturday Nite" or "Malcolm".[11]

LOL @ him claiming to write the album but sounding like an offbeat special needs windowlicker on every wack verse he ever performed.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

step one wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
not really getting why he's held in such high regard tbh. Are either of his albums worth checking or it just people trying to seem cool and root for an obscure artist with a relatively small catalogue.
I just always thought he was unique and talented, and had a lot of potential he didn't ever fully achieve, because of his legal troubles and wu tang no longer fuckin with him. However,, I did hear that this actually serves as a nice companion piece to Supreme Clientele....

https://chambermusik.com/wordpress/prod ... clientele/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Versive

Post by Versive »

Superb Clientele was dope. Also this compilation of him and Solomon Childs has a bunch of bangers on it: http://vk.com/doc5960396_437202956" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
CarlosDelgothoes wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
smh

Kills Sin is another one that comes to mind. Don't believe he ever had a solo, but ALWAYS had great verses.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Holocaust >

Although that album with Blue Sky Black Death had him sounding like he was from the Midwest and rapped with spooky make up on.

Versive

Post by Versive »

That album was great lol

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Versive wrote:Superb Clientele was dope. Also this compilation of him and Solomon Childs has a bunch of bangers on it: http://vk.com/doc5960396_437202956" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you have it, could you possibly upload Superb Clientele? Also, seems like that link isn't working to the Superb & Solomon Childs compilation. I'd like to check that out as well.

Post by 907 »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
CarlosDelgothoes wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
smh

He actually played a show here a few weeks ago at a bar my friend owns that holds like 40 people. The owner somehow became friends with him while living in SF. Super nice guy, we got fairly drunk after the show.

Killa Sin > any other Wu affiliate, though.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Versive

Post by Versive »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Versive wrote:Superb Clientele was dope. Also this compilation of him and Solomon Childs has a bunch of bangers on it: http://vk.com/doc5960396_437202956" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you have it, could you possibly upload Superb Clientele? Also, seems like that link isn't working to the Superb & Solomon Childs compilation. I'd like to check that out as well.
Here's the post where I found the Perb & Childs tape: http://wu-tangfam.blogspot.com/2012/12/ ... st_28.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just click the vk thing under the image.

Superb Clientele migth still be up for sale, so you know, food from the mouths of the family of the recently deceased and that...

All his shit is on that site though.

admiral

Post by admiral »

907 wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
CarlosDelgothoes wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
smh

He actually played a show here a few weeks ago at a bar my friend owns that holds like 40 people. The owner somehow became friends with him while living in SF. Super nice guy, we got fairly drunk after the show.

Killa Sin > any other Wu affiliate, though.
Killa Sin was the only listenable part of Killarmy. Didn't someone have a compilation of his best verses a while back?

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Ummmm Dom had bars son.

Silent Weapons is my favorite Wu-filiate album. Great vibe. Makes me wanna grow out a shitty mustache and wear wifebeaters.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Yeah the idea that Killa Sin was the only dope rappper in Killarmy is insane, revisionist bullshit. Everyone in that crew and Sonz of Man was a low-key lyrical genius by today's standards. Shit, Islord and 60 Second spit shit that did not rhyme and was often off beat, but they killed it too.

Sin was nice but having never put out an album, it's hard to call him the nicest wu-filliate.

Revisitig this Superb Clientele album, dude could really rap his ass off.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

blastmaster wrote:Ummmm Dom had bars son.

Silent Weapons is my favorite Wu-filiate album. Great vibe. Makes me wanna grow out a shitty mustache and wear wifebeaters.
I'm not sure if the Gravediggaz are officially considered as wu affliliates, but if they are then I def think 6 feet deep was the best wu affiliate album

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
blastmaster wrote:Ummmm Dom had bars son.

I'm not sure if the Gravediggaz are officially considered as wu affliliates, but if they are then I def think 6 feet deep was the best wu affiliate album
Yea that’s cheating since it was basically a RZA project. Agreed tho.

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

So Versive is Shawn Wigs, right?