Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

so we made a commercial show

Post by Philaflava »

:kanye: :baby: :biggie: :pac: :nofancy:

Stream: https://bit.ly/2J74xg8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Download: https://omerta.is/J9e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
After pumpin' out 33 boom-bap filled episodes, we're deviating our signature sound on #34 to present The Crossover. On this episode, we highlight the sounds of the late 90s and early 2000s. Think back when major labels were still relevant. When Def Jam was owning the charts. When No Limit and Cash Money were battling for southern supremacy. Back when you heard a beat and immediately knew if it belonged to The Neptunes, Swizz Beatz, Just Blaze, Kanye West, Dr. Dre or Timbaland. Back when the indie movement was slowly bridging the gap and when the underground starting becoming more mainstream with the help of Mos, Kweli, The Roots and Common. Back when Busta would appear on every remix and Nas Made You Look! We're taking it back when 50 dominated the airwaves and the beefs and DMX set off that whole Ruff Ryders movement. At the break we discuss the impact this era had on hip-hop, mainstream America and we get into a heated discussion about Jay-Z. We all lived through this era. Love it or hate it, in typical TIP fashion, we guarantee to entertain while bringing back plenty of memories for ya'll.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Re: so we made a commercial show

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

:gyeah: :cheers:

step one

Post by step one »

Great era, even if some of the music hasnt aged particularly well.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

fatboybrandon

Post by fatboybrandon »

Listening now, sounds good!

I appreciate this era MUCH more now in retrospect now that we've reached this drugged-out mumble era of commercial rap. I remember getting tired of the bling and over saturation of wealth at times, but at least there was a nice balance between that and the indie culture at Fat Beats.

The show reminds me of the time Stretch went exile from WKCR to go do Thug Thursdays up at Hot 97.
Audio: Organized Konfusion Interviewed by DJ Riz & WildMan Steve, 1994 http://bit.ly/stress1994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

fatboybrandon wrote:Listening now, sounds good!

I appreciate this era MUCH more now in retrospect now that we've reached this drugged-out mumble era of commercial rap. I remember getting tired of the bling and over saturation of wealth at times, but at least there was a nice balance between that and the indie culture at Fat Beats.

The show reminds me of the time Stretch went exile from WKCR to go do Thug Thursdays up at Hot 97.
Same here. In retrospect, it was a lot better than I ever gave it credit for. The production was really amazing back then.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

fatboybrandon wrote:Listening now, sounds good!

Same here. In retrospect, it was a lot better than I ever gave it credit for. The production was really amazing back then.