OVER: People Under The Stairs

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

OVER: People Under The Stairs

Post by Employee »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpZ56dXBPF6 ... iecelock70" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dear friends, family, fans - The past 20 years have been a dream but it’s time for me to move on. Tomorrow, as I step off stage in London, I will be retiring from professional music. This has been a long time coming and hasn’t been an easy decision to make, but I had always dreamed of going out on top. With an amazing final album and a sold out show in the city that started our career, I can’t think of a better way to step off stage, never to return. Sincerely, The P will be released Nov. 23rd and I believe it’s a fitting bookend to our catalog, the 12th and final step.
I would like to thank each and every one of you for helping make my childhood dream come true and for much longer than I ever expected. I’ll never forget the handshakes and hugs all around the world - 6 continents, thousands of shows and 20 years of DIY touring has been an achievement few groups can claim and I’m forever grateful for your boundless support. I believe history will be kind to our legacy and what we’ve created, even if we remain overlooked by the masses. There are too many people to acknowledge or thank individually, but know that I am grateful for all of you, even if I haven’t always shown it.
20 years is a long time for any job but in this industry it’s about 5 lifetimes, and for good reason - the physical and emotional toll of being not only the producer and mc, but also the driver, merch seller, manager, financier, web developer, mail boy, clothing designer etc has been exhausting. It’s the DIY way and I wouldn’t have changed it for anything, but for me it’s time to rest and spend what little time I have left with my family. Double K will continue on in my absence, and I’m sure you’ll see him on the turntables in your town at some point. The P lives on forever through our music and the memories we’ve made together. What we’ve achieved, we’ve done on our own, on our own terms, and I’m proud of it.

And Thank you, all of you, for everything. Dublin tonight, London tomorrow night for my final show. Forever The P.