WuTang X ATCQ = A Clan Called Wu - Enter The Marauders MIX

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

djfilthyrich

WuTang X ATCQ = A Clan Called Wu - Enter The Marauders MIX

Post by djfilthyrich »

November 9, 1993 will forever go down as one of the greatest days in hip hop history. Two of the genre’s most revered albums dropped on the same day: Wu-Tang Clan’s debut ‘Enter The 36 Chambers’, & A Tribe Called Quest’s third LP ‘Midnight Marauders’. I remember riding my bike to the mall, with money I had earned from my after-school job. I had anticipated this day for awhile, and saved up in advance to pick up both CD’s (at that age $40 felt like $500). For the months that followed, both albums fought for playing time on my single-disc CD player. One moment, I was transported to the boulevard of Linden, and the next to the rugged streets of Shaolin. Those albums stayed in my rotation forever (literally).
To mark the 25th anniversary of both LP’s, I thought it might be a good idea to try and take the vocals from Wu-Tang’s album, and blend them over the instrumentals from Midnight Marauders. I wasn’t sure it would work at first, but as is usually the case, inspiration hit at midnight when I was trying to sleep (the coincidence of the timing is not lost on me). A couple of hours later, I managed to pair up every single Wu-Tang vocal with a suitable beat from MM. The intent was not to improve on the originals in any way….that would be impossible, as I consider them both to be perfect bodies of work. Rather, it was about orchestrating a fun concept, and putting a totally new spin on these well-worn classics. The contrast of Wu’s gritty street raps over Tribe’s jazzy production works in an unexpected way. Now, I present to you my personal tribute to these legendary groups: A Clan Called Wu “Enter The Marauders”.

TRACKLIST
Da Mystery of Electric Relaxation (Da Mystery Of Chessboxin x Electric Relaxation)
Down Ya Neck (Protect Ya Neck x We Can Get Down)
Shame On Ya Lyrics (Shame On A Nigga x Lyrics To Go)
Cash Award (C.R.E.A.M. x Award Tour)
Wu Lives Thru (WuTang 7th Chamber x God Lives Thru)
Ruckus at Midnight (Bring Da Ruckus x Midnight)
Biko In Da Front (Clan In Da Front x Steve Biko)
Nuthin Ta Chase (Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin Ta F Wit x The Chase Pt 2)
Oh My M.E.T.H. (M.E.T.H.O.D. Man x Oh My God)
Tearz On Your Hands (Tearz x Clap Your Hands)
Suckas Be So Simple (Can It Be So Simple x Sucka Nigga)

Mixcloud link:
https://www.mixcloud.com/djfilthyrich1/ ... tcq-beats/

Soundcloud link:
https://soundcloud.com/djfilthyrich/a-c ... -marauders
Last edited by djfilthyrich on Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: WuTang X ATCQ = A Clan Called Wu - Enter The Marauders M

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

I fucks with this so much. Amazing idea, amazing work. :cheers:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:I fucks with this so much. Amazing idea, amazing work. :cheers:

:cheers: lotta thought and work went into it....appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

djfilthyrich wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:I fucks with this so much. Amazing idea, amazing work. :cheers:

:cheers: lotta thought and work went into it....appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback
I already shared it on my Facebook page, and I just finished listening to it. It's an end-to-end burner. Classic material. Q-Tip and RZA need to jam to this.

My only criticism is... ITS TOO SHORT :cry: no Todd Shaw, LOL. Damn, I wish it was an hour long!!!

You've made one of the best musical creations of 2018. Thank you for this. :cheers:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Y@k Bollox

Post by Y@k Bollox »

Really dope. Perfect timing too.

step one

Post by step one »

best rap shit to come out of Toronto this year and its not even slightly close
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
djfilthyrich wrote:

I already shared it on my Facebook page, and I just finished listening to it. It's an end-to-end burner. Classic material. Q-Tip and RZA need to jam to this.

My only criticism is... ITS TOO SHORT :cry: no Todd Shaw, LOL. Damn, I wish it was an hour long!!!

You've made one of the best musical creations of 2018. Thank you for this. :cheers:
I'll actually have a deluxe version available for purchase shortly with 2 (possibly 3) bonus tracks. I MAY also look into extending some of the tracks to feature more verses. One thing I realized when making this though.....Enter the 36 is a lot shorter than I realized. Once I cut out all of the intros and interludes, it paired down to about 45 something minutes (That might also include the remix of 7th Chamber). That's before I cut out verses. Thanks for the share, and if you're interested in purchasing the deluxe version, just DM me :cheers:

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

Y@k Bollox wrote:Really dope. Perfect timing too.
appreciate the feedback :cheers:
step one wrote:best rap shit to come out of Toronto this year and its not even slightly close
I dunno whether to be offended at that dig to my city, or thank you for the compliment LOL

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

This is great. :phila:

step one

Post by step one »

djfilthyrich wrote:
step one wrote:best rap shit to come out of Toronto this year and its not even slightly close
I dunno whether to be offended at that dig to my city, or thank you for the compliment LOL
I do not care for the musical stylings of Mindbender Futurama or that other guy :lol:

This mix is killing it though - over 6K plays on Mixcloud in the first 24 hours are good numbers man, well done.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

So dope

Post by 907 »

Yeah, this fucking rules.

Thank you for making it!
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

step one wrote:
djfilthyrich wrote:
I do not care for the musical stylings of Mindbender Futurama or that other guy :lol:

This mix is killing it though - over 6K plays on Mixcloud in the first 24 hours are good numbers man, well done.
Thx Step.... the one thing that stood out to me was getting the co-sign from Preemo

"It's been a quarter of a century since Wu-Tang Clan dropped Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers and A Tribe Called Quest released Midnight Marauders. To commemorate this date back in 1993, DJ Filthy Rich releases the super dope blend tape "Enter The Marauders." This is a must listen." - DJ Premier (Premier Wuz Here, Facebook)

:ohsh: Speechless.
Last edited by djfilthyrich on Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

Julius Seizure wrote:So dope
907 wrote:Yeah, this fucking rules.

Thank you for making it!
Thanks guys :cheers:

b.radio

Post by b.radio »

:cheers: :cheers:

REALLY well done thanks for doing this!

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Really nice.

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

djfilthyrich wrote:
step one wrote:
djfilthyrich wrote:

Thanks Step! And that was only just the Mixcloud....My instagram bio linked to my Soundcloud, and that had like over 12K the first day...insane! And you were part of that equation with the Sucka/Shame inspiration. Philafam, we did it! LOL
This mix made a lot of things possible that I couldn't crack before, like being featured on Okayplayer and 2dopeboyz (after trying for ages), Miss Info, etc.....but the one thing that stood out to me was getting the co-sign from Preemo!

"It's been a quarter of a century since Wu-Tang Clan dropped Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers and A Tribe Called Quest released Midnight Marauders. To commemorate this date back in 1993, DJ Filthy Rich releases the super dope blend tape "Enter The Marauders." This is a must listen." - DJ Premier (Premier Wuz Here, Facebook)

That’s cool as shit! Preemo!

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

Employee wrote:Really nice.
b.radio wrote::cheers: :cheers:

REALLY well done thanks for doing this!
:cheers: Respect guys. I feel like this is a win for our forum. Also couldn't have done it without Dirtdog's stellar front cover art.
He did a great job mimicing the OG cover

Clean Hobo wrote:
djfilthyrich wrote: Thanks Step! And that was only just the Mixcloud....My instagram bio linked to my Soundcloud, and that had like over 12K the first day...insane! And you were part of that equation with the Sucka/Shame inspiration. Philafam, we did it! LOL
This mix made a lot of things possible that I couldn't crack before, like being featured on Okayplayer and 2dopeboyz (after trying for ages), Miss Info, etc.....but the one thing that stood out to me was getting the co-sign from Preemo!

That’s cool as shit! Preemo!
haha yeah, that's what I said! and repeated the words wow wow wow a few times. That's my idol right there

fortuna

Re: WuTang X ATCQ = A Clan Called Wu - Enter The Marauders MIX

Post by fortuna »

Dopeness

g9hood

Re: WuTang X ATCQ = A Clan Called Wu - Enter The Marauders MIX

Post by g9hood »

war i aT
pEAce/k1LLaforN1a