Madlib

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Madlib

Post by Employee »

https://djbooth.net/features/2019-02-20 ... -interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is there any music that you wish the fans could hear?

There’s plenty of it. When we was working on “Guidelines,” he was always excited about all these other songs. He had this Madlib album, called Maclib. I opened for Madlib in Chicago last summer, at Pitchfork. So I’m opening for Madlib, and about 15, 20 minutes left in my set, Madlib pulls up. Pete Rock walks up as well. So I’m trying to focus and DJ, and Madlib gets on and 15 minutes into his set he just randomly plays a Mac Miller joint. And I turn to him, I’m like, “There’s more of these, right?” He’s said, “Oh, yeah, there’s a whole album. Maclib.” What! What! He just kept moving on with his DJ set. If Madlib decides to bless the world with that project, he should.
Last edited by Employee on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Re: MacLib (Mac Miller + Madlib)

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

What's leaked thus far.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

Never was a Mac fan. But Ohno and Kankick are my homies. I was with Ohno this past weekend. He say's there's enough for an LP and an EP for whatever that's worth.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I totally misread this whole Mac thing. I never realized just how many reputable people really liked him or wanted to work with him. Here I thought he was kinda gimmicky at first and just extremely uninteresting most of the time.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

I'm not really a fan either, even now. Still, will check anything related to Madlib.

step one

Post by step one »

Philaflava wrote:I totally misread this whole Mac thing. I never realized just how many reputable people really liked him or wanted to work with him. Here I thought he was kinda gimmicky at first and just extremely uninteresting most of the time.
What I heard from him was pretty cringeworthy. A cynic might speculate that those reputable artists that worked with him saw the possibility that he had more of a chance of blowing up than a typical rapper at his level.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

step one wrote:
Philaflava wrote:I totally misread this whole Mac thing. I never realized just how many reputable people really liked him or wanted to work with him. Here I thought he was kinda gimmicky at first and just extremely uninteresting most of the time.
What I heard from him was pretty cringeworthy. A cynic might speculate that those reputable artists that worked with him saw the possibility that he had more of a chance of blowing up than a typical rapper at his level.
Your arms are too short to box with Mac Miller.

step one

Post by step one »

he's dead, I'm not, and you vlog from a parked car about message board antics from years gone by for the benefit of 5 people on the internet.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

You’re angry because my arms can reach a steering wheel and your only Rage Outlet is typing vengeance missives with the assistance of a selfie stick.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Re: Madlib

Post by Employee »

Clean Hobo

Re: Madlib

Post by Clean Hobo »

Employee wrote:
Wiki’s always been a sight to make sore eyes, but he chose a great Madlib beat and overall it’s a good effort on his part. Thanks for posting, Emp.