new Gang Starr track

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

step one

new Gang Starr track

Post by step one »

insert opinionz below but here's the J Cole verse removed with the quickness

https://djstepone.blogspot.com/2019/09/ ... ke-it.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Employee
Fast Eddie

Re: new Gang Starr track

Post by Employee »

Your blog is worse than J. Cole's verse, career, and existence.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

It's sad to say but after hearing all of the details of Guru likely having been in an abusive gay relationship with Solar, it's just hard to listen to his music these days.

No rappper has ever went out worse than Guru...

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

I'm very happy with this. What's the background on this? Post The Ownerz era obviously. Assume J. Cole was just added randomly at some point over the last 10 years?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I am fucking thrilled to see ANY Gang Starr material these days. Obviously, the vocals were done during the Bald Head Slick/Solar era. My guess 2005-2008ish. BUT hearing him over vintage Preem beat is still fucking better than most of the shit today. I really like this track and I don't mind J Cole. I know the purists are cringing but it's a good look and they're obviously looking to appeal to a newer demographic on that collabo. It makes sense, I just hope we don't do to Guru what they did to Pac, Big and Big L with those forced collabos. NO Macklemore and Guru collabos, PLEASE???

admiral

Post by admiral »

There are going to be 75 guest spots on the new album

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I have a feeling Mass Appeal will put this out. I don't want to hear Dave East on this shit.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Prefer Step's version without his 'final' feature. Boring fuck.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

it sucks ass
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:It's sad to say but after hearing all of the details of Guru likely having been in an abusive gay relationship with Solar, it's just hard to listen to his music these days.

Elaborate please

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

tehgiftofgab wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:It's sad to say but after hearing all of the details of Guru likely having been in an abusive gay relationship with Solar, it's just hard to listen to his music these days.

Elaborate please
Check out this thread posting an interview with a trumpet player that toured with Guru & Solar. Warning tho, shit is mad disturbing.

https://boxden.com/showthread.php?t=2208878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jacky Jasper also spoke on this shit...

The true nature of Guru’s relationship with Solar has been a hot topic of debate since Guru went into the hospital and Solar began acting on his behalf.

Rapper Jacky Jasper, who is best known for his work with Kool Keith and also says he booked shows for Guru and Solar, claims to have the real story.

Jacky took to his blog and laid it all out. Is he telling the truth? Only time will tell, I suppose.

…Here’s something what [sic] you may not know (which I always knew) Guru, whose real name is Keith Elam, was a homosexual, and he started dating a well-known homosexual from Brooklyn New york named “DJ Solar”. Solar (real name John Barry Mo’Sher) ended up breaking up “Gang Starr” because he pulled Guru away from the talented “DJ Premier”, word is Solar wanted Guru all for himself. I know this because I used to book shows for “Guru & Solar” and dude use to beat on “Guru” I swear!!! I personally witnessed someone walking in on Solar giving Guru a proper beating behind closed doors.Sources close to HSK were touring Europe with Guru, Solar, and DJ Doo Wop & Kool Keith with Kutmasta Kurt in Fall 2005. At that time the groups had an extended week long stay in the Spanish Canary Islands off the coast of Africa. Guru happily lounged with Solar in his flip flops and swimming trunks downing Hennessy straight and snorting blow by the eightball.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Like if guru was just gay it would be one thing, but to let another man dominate you, run your life, and beat you....hell nah, I just can't look at you the same after knowing all that.

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:Like if guru was just gay it would be one thing, but to let another man dominate you, run your life, and beat you....hell nah, I just can't look at you the same after knowing all that.
There’d be tons more people talking about it if it were actually true. That kinda gossip travels at the speed of light, especially in the hip hop community. It’s much more likely that Guru has a ménage a trois with Jasper’s mother and wife.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Clean Hobo wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:Like if guru was just gay it would be one thing, but to let another man dominate you, run your life, and beat you....hell nah, I just can't look at you the same after knowing all that.
There’d be tons more people talking about it if it were actually true. That kinda gossip travels at the speed of light, especially in the hip hop community. It’s much more likely that Guru has a ménage a trois with Jasper’s mother and wife.
Unfortunately, ageee with GC. Haven't let it effect the way I view his work, but it was more than just a fleeting rumor. In the months leading up to and shortly after his death, this was a pretty wide spread story. Neither of them said anyhting overly direct, but read some Guru's interviews from the time. Hard to argue that Guru was banging anyone's wife from that.

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
Clean Hobo wrote:
Unfortunately, ageee with GC. Haven't let it effect the way I view his work, but it was more than just a fleeting rumor. In the months leading up to and shortly after his death, this was a pretty wide spread story. Neither of them said anyhting overly direct, but read some Guru's interviews from the time. Hard to argue that Guru was banging anyone's wife from that.
I haven’t looked into it cause I never really cared about the rumors. The poor guy was sick and died. Didn’t seem cool to bring up some shit like that when a legend was dying. Fucked up.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Guru at least deserved a gay DJ on the level of Mister Cee rather than some shitty Soundclick producer like Solar

:sebass:

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) wrote:Guru at least deserved a gay DJ on the level of Mister Cee rather than some shitty Soundclick producer like Solar

:sebass:
:cheers:

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

Also, if this shit is true it’s not surprising that he got his ass beat (nomo). Wasn’t Guru about Prodigy’s size? Little person rappers are the best kind.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theurbanda ... times/amp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tasha Denham was an employee of Guru & Solar’s 7 Grand Records label as well as the mother of one of Solar’s children.
DX: As a close associate, an employee, all these things. When was the first time you started to notice that things were not normal or healthy?
Tasha Denham: [Pauses] I think it came pretty early on, really. One of the defining moments to me when I knew something was…it was the way Solar spoke to Guru. It was always down to him. He really belittled him, and would do it in front of other people. This wasn’t something he just did in private. He is a member of The [Five Percent] Nation of Gods and Earths, as is Guru. He would use that against him, to bring him down. It was important to both of them, very important. I believe Guru’s a pleaser; he liked to make people happy. [Solar] would tell him that the Nation of Gods and Earths are ashamed of him, they’re disappointed in him. That he doesn’t live up to their teachings… There was a lot of times they’d get into arguments over it. He’d sit, and Guru would try to defend himself, and Solar would just get more and more irate over it.

There was one night we were at Guru’s house. I was about three months pregnant at the time. Guru kept defending himself. Guru actually stood up and kind of got in Solar’s face about it. Next thing I know, Solar punched him in the face. From that point in time, he just started kicking him and hitting him. Guru was fighting back, he wasn’t just sitting there being a punk, but at the same time, Guru had severe asthma. He didn’t have his inhaler. He started really hyper-ventilating and really having a hard time, and Solar kept beating him. It wasn’t a fight anymore, it was beating him. I felt that it was so bad that I got in between the two of them and broke it up, because I knew he wouldn’t hit me of course. At that point in time, I was pregnant with his child.

Instead of stopping and making sure his partner, friend, “brother” – as he calls him was okay, Guru was sitting there saying, “I’m having an asthma attack. I need to go to the hospital. I think I’m gonna have a heart attack.” He’s bleeding, really shaking. Instead of stopping and calming himself down, [Solar] told me, “We’re leaving,” and goes and gets in the car and drives me back to the city. [He] didn’t call and check on Guru, didn’t make sure he was alright. That’s probably one of the first times I was like, “Wow, this relationship is really unhealthy. It’s a really sick relationship.” After that, if I didn’t physically see it myself…I saw [Guru] punched in the face numerous times with no provocation. It [would just be] that he’d get upset with something Guru would say and punch him in the face. I know he knocked a tooth out of Guru’s. I know he gave him a black eye [so Guru would] have to wear glasses for photo-shoots and concerts. To listen to [Solar] talk to [Guru], you’d think he was talking to a child sometimes. Guru would tell me how bad that hurt him. He’d say, “Back when we were just friends, he never would have spoken to me this way. He always treated me with respect. Now that we’re doing this record label, he has no respect. He treats me this way.” There was a fear in him. Solar had distanced him from everything in his life: his family, his ex-partner, the whole Gang Starr Foundation and the music industry, really, as a whole. Guru spent a lot of time alone. A lot of time, if he wasn’t with Solar, he was by himself. It was his son or Solar.
:naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

the tragic end of guru is one of the saddest stories in hiphop

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Philaflava wrote:the tragic end of guru is one of the saddest stories in hiphop
Agreed

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Philaflava wrote:the tragic end of guru is one of the saddest stories in hiphop
Agreed
The stroy of Premier's goodbye to him is redeeming, assuming it's true.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

the most cringe worthy shit to me is Guru saying "what about real rap songs like CREAM or My Melody" in the hook. old man get off my lawn rap.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

sleazy_j wrote:the most cringe worthy shit to me is Guru saying "what about real rap songs like CREAM or My Melody" in the hook. old man get off my lawn rap.
#rapaboutrap

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

Beating up on an asthma ridden cancer patient. What a worthless faggot. I hope someone kills solar soon.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

I remember when all of that stuff with Solar came out. There is no doubt that it is true. What do you think they were just besties? Gtfo
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Album leaked on HHB. Skimmed thru it. Sounds decent for what preem had to work with. Nothing really grabbed me first listen though