Jay Electronica - A Written Testimony

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Jay Electronica - A Written Testimony

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

If anything will bring this forum back to life, maybe it's this. Finally came out. Tracklist below. Updated for Production credited. Mixed by Young Guru.

01. Jay Electronica – The Overwhelming Event (prod. Jay Electronica)
02. Jay Electronica – Ghost Of Soulja Slim (prod. Jay Electronica)
03. Jay Electronica – The Blinding (feat. Travis Scott) (prod. Swizz Beatz, Hitboy, & AraabMuzik)
04. Jay Electronica – The Neverending Story (prod. The Alchemist)
05. Jay Electronica – Shiny Suit Theory (feat. The-Dream) (prod. Jay Electronica)
06. Jay Electronica – Universal Soldier (prod. Jay Electronica)
07. Jay Electronica – Flux Capacitor (prod. Jay Electronica)
08. Jay Electronica – Fruits Of The Spirit (prod. No ID)
09. Jay Electronica – Ezekiel’s Wheel (feat. The-Dream) (prod. Jay Electronica)
10. Jay Electronica – A.P.I.D.T.A..(prod. Khruangbin)
Last edited by Rhyme 4 Rhyme on Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Re: Jay Electronica - A Written Testimony

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

It's on Audiomack for anyone without TIDAL:

https://audiomack.com/album/jay-electro ... -testimony

This lazy bum takes a decade to do an album, then records it in 4 days but loses interest halfway through so Jay-Z has to step in and record a buncha verses to finish the songs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Apologies. Didn't even realize till I started listening that Jay is on every song.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Album is FUCKING DOPE. Worth the wait, even though it would have been nice if he put out 3 albums in the time in took for him to do one, LOL :ironmike:

Might be some of the best Jay-Z rhyming of all-time. OF ALL-TIME! :biggie: :drizzy: :rockout:

Jay Electronica finally did it. Best Friday the 13th of the decade. :gyeah:

Hip Hop needed to smoke this Allah-baked crack rock right fucking now. Thanks Jay & Jay, y'all killed this shit :copy:

i think of it as Watch the Throne 2: Islamic Boogaloo and considering Kanye is a fucking bible thumper now, I love 'A Written Testimony' even more :omar:

:cas:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

what the fuck, this is a jay z jay elec album? that just dropped today? damn i might have to pick up a bag of blow for this

and this dudes got an anthem for soulja slim. on board.
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

It's really dope. I think there is too much Hov and I'd like some drums here and there but those are minor issues overall. Esp since Hov did go in..

Gotta sit with it for some time before I am going to start rating shit.

Best Jay-Z rhyming of all time is mad reactionary. He came off but cmon B

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

mindbender is known for saying ridiculous shit and blowing guys

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

Man I want to hate this bullshit. But he spitting. It's still 10 years late....but fuck man, this is a lane that I miss.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EichTurner

Post by EichTurner »

this shit pretty dope... i kinda wish it had more jay electronica verses on it... it kinda works out like a man of few words... but yeah that would be tight if he went off for like 2 3 verses like his old shit... still a dope album though...
illegal mind shoe lace

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

i think jay elec is like head of the black wing of the illuminati or some shit. how does this cat have this kind of pull? they must have given hov baby blood. admittedly haven't listened to the entire thing but that first verse jay spit really does feel like 97 hov for sure. maybe it's the beats that fit him, who knows, he's hungry though.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Still only a couple times through, but only criticism I have is similar to everyone else's. More Jay, and overall, a longer album.

Soles of Mischief IG pointed this out, but sounds like Jay doing a Mach Hommy impression on the Neverending Story.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Jay-z is back to sounding as good as he did in the early 00's and doing a collabo album with jay elec while Nas is doing gay collabos with lil nas x...

#naslost

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:51 am
Jay-z is back to sounding as good as he did in the early 00's and doing a collabo album with jay elec while Nas is doing gay collabos with lil nas x...

#naslost
Haha

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

As the years go by, regardless of the legendary camel face nickname that won't seem to go away, Jay clearly won. Takeover is the harder diss song, filled with facts instead of inflammatory name calling. You didn't live it you witnessed it from your folks pad, scribbled in your note pad and created your life. Still one of the hardest lines ever.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I like the album. It's packed with a lot of bars and the overall production didn't immediately grab me, but with more listens I'm beginning to warm up to some of it. Somebody said if Jay-Z did an album on Def Jux it would sound like this, and that might be the most accurate statement so far. I've always been a huge Jay Elec fan, so here are some takeaways after a few full days of listening.

* Not enough Jay Electronica. For a debut album that clocks in 39 minutes, he is heard for just 13 minute of them
* Not one track on this album is better than Exhibit A or C, which leads me to my next takeaway
* If they wanted to add a decade old track Shiny Suit Man, they couldn't throw on Jazzmatazz on here to bulk up the album?
* People are saying Jay Elec got out-rapped on here. I don't know about that, but I know Hov's energy and demeanor will be the thing remembered on
* Can we chill with the little kids yelling for joy sample on these tracks. Enough!
* Where the hell is Just Blaze?

step one

Post by step one »

gusty wingers wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:05 pm
As the years go by, regardless of the legendary camel face nickname that won't seem to go away, Jay clearly won. Takeover is the harder diss song, filled with facts instead of inflammatory name calling. You didn't live it you witnessed it from your folks pad, scribbled in your note pad and created your life. Still one of the hardest lines ever.
The fact that people still debate Takeover vs Ether in big big 2020 is proof that we actually need Covid19. That and Mindbender's consistently ridiculous opinions.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

PTS

Post by PTS »

The nerve of this guy to start his album with this Farrakhan sample after a decade of ecumenist bullshit, tibetan fuckery and dating an ashkenazi jew...

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

PTS wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:08 am
The nerve of this guy to start his album with this Farrakhan sample after a decade of ecumenist bullshit, tibetan fuckery and dating an ashkenazi jew...
This clown Rosenberg over here got all worked up cause of Jay Elect's 5% references on here. His dumbass initially quoted a song that wasn't even on the album when he started bitching.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Fuck jewberg, I hope he gets covid19

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

post check
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

oh jesus lmao
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Bored as hell of this album after listening maybe 25 times straight through over last couple of weeks. It's dope but it never really goes anywhere and then it's over. Initial reaction was high because it finally dropped and for the most part it is good, but my general feeling is I might never listen to this again. I went to put it on this morning and threw on some Prince instead.

EichTurner

Post by EichTurner »

man... i've been having fun rap geniusing the lyrics on this album (i know rap genius is bullshit but all the 5 percenters and muslims seem to be out for this album or something... actually good rap genius entries for the most part) basically the lyrics on this album are hella dense and you're not gonna get it all without some outside research... i'm still enjoying it... if you listen to the lyrics super close it will get less boring... i think that's his intention... i don't know you might have already been doing that but that's what has me still listening right now...
illegal mind shoe lace

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

Album is dope, but I just view it as a dope project....not the debut album we've been waiting for all these years (aka Act Two).....that shit is locked up in Just Blaze's vaults. Anyone know what happened btw Jay and Just? He didn't even have 1 beat on the whole LP...

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

djfilthyrich wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:26 am
Album is dope, but I just view it as a dope project....not the debut album we've been waiting for all these years (aka Act Two).....that shit is locked up in Just Blaze's vaults. Anyone know what happened btw Jay and Just? He didn't even have 1 beat on the whole LP...
stype_ones wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:05 pm
Bored as hell of this album after listening maybe 25 times straight through over last couple of weeks. It's dope but it never really goes anywhere and then it's over. Initial reaction was high because it finally dropped and for the most part it is good, but my general feeling is I might never listen to this again. I went to put it on this morning and threw on some Prince instead.
I'm still enjoying it a lot. My only real gripe is the length. 40 minutes with a 3 min intro. Only 9 songs. Regardless, it still feels like a pretty great album.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

jay electronica jay letdownica jayhypedsoundica bar assistance jayjontafferer

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

jay electronica jay letdownica jayhypedsoundica bar assistance jayjontafferer

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

So, Jay Electronica's 2009 album (or something resembling it) leaked and, surprise surprise, it's a mess :lol:

Jay Electronica? More like Jay One Song Wonder amirite.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Underwhelming.

Jay Electronica is the poor man’s Icesickle.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:09 am
So, Jay Electronica's 2009 album (or something resembling it) leaked and, surprise surprise, it's a mess :lol:

Jay Electronica? More like Jay One Song Wonder amirite.
You can maybe see in places where this could have developed into something good, but if this was the material that he was handing into Hov, it's no wonder this shit never got released.