71%
Nas - Street's Disciple
29%

Total votes: 106

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

The Black Album vs. Street's Disciple

Post by Philaflava »

In good 'ol blue fashion here is the poll that was bound to happen. May I suggest you give "The Black Album" a fresh listen to fairly compare? Having said that, I think I'm going with Nas on this one.

What do you think?

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

i didn't really like the black album as much as others did...

FuckYou

Post by FuckYou »

DIE!!!!!!

Kelly Kel

Post by Kelly Kel »

its hard to compare a double album with a single album
but I honestly think the black album was very impressive and street's disciple was ok -ish

Asphyx

Post by Asphyx »

come on man, if you wanna make comparisons choose BP2 and SD, i think you should edit this.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Well both our each artists latest releases. Each year they get compaired on this board, so I am not compairing their best work, rather their newest.

I understand SD is a double disc, but that doesn't mean the quality is better than TBA.

There really shouldn't be any argument on the topic, but the reason why one is better.

Lance Goodthrust

Post by Lance Goodthrust »

The Black Album

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

the black album, easily.

Galapagos4

Re: The Black Album vs. Street's Disciple

Post by Galapagos4 »

Philaflava wrote:In good 'ol blue fashion here is the poll that was bound to happen. May I suggest you give "The Black Album" a fresh listen to fairly compare? Having said that, I think I'm going with Nas on this one.

What do you think?
not even close. Jigga continued his reign at the top with another near-classic, while Nas' double disc has me defending it like, "well, at least it wasn't all totally horrible" but in 2 months i'll never listen to it again besides a few cuts.

Funk Docta Bombay
Head Cynic In Charge
Location: Fuck You, Fuck You, You're cool, and fuck you I'm out.

Post by Funk Docta Bombay »

Hard to compare. they kinda went in entirely different directions post Blueprint/Stillmatic
If I had to pick one, I'd go with the Black album. but both are very good albums with occasionally spotty beats.

however, the Nas-Jay-Z rule of averages is in full effect: Jay has the better album, Nas' best songs kills Jigga's.

Primus

Post by Primus »

i think fairly equal but i cant choose that so i went with jay because less songs i didnt like (prolly because he didnt have another cd) nas had maybe 2 songs and one with a beat i cant get wtih he coulda did without and jay had two i coulda did without
This is when the mask was brand spanking new/ Before it got rusted for drinking all the brew/ *sniff* Stankin Too//

ogice

Post by ogice »

Street's Disciple get's my vote; because it can be paired down to a classic album if it had as many tracks as The Black Album.

The Grey Album, however, takes a dump on both of them...

Dids

Post by Dids »

I haven't listened to Nas since he fell off years ago and don't feel like I should start now.

The Black Album- easily. Nas is horrible.

Primus

Post by Primus »

if you havent listened then how could u even judge just wondering
This is when the mask was brand spanking new/ Before it got rusted for drinking all the brew/ *sniff* Stankin Too//

Ethix Skeptro
Location: 416-905, Creataz 4cefield, Hollow Erf, K2, Killamanjaro, Ararat, Taigetos & Pindus Mts

Post by Ethix Skeptro »

not vote worthy...

Dids

Post by Dids »

Primus wrote:if you havent listened then how could u even judge just wondering
I have friends, they have shitty taste.

I've heard most of his post Illmatic work, and I've HATED it. There's just so way I'm going to invest my time in another album by him.

I totally do not understand why people still jock Nas. It makes me feel totally old and out of touch.

FreshShabazz

Post by FreshShabazz »

Kelly Kel wrote: I honestly think the black album was very impressive and street's disciple was ok -ish
Pretty much.

"the hardest thing is to forgive, but God does/ even if you've murdered and robbed, yeah it's wrong, but God loves/ take one step towards him, he takes two towards you/ even when all else fails God supports you."

The Bza
O.G. Status

Post by The Bza »

Quotashun wrote:the black album, easily.

SoulClap

Post by SoulClap »

Street's Disciple easily.
The game is a oxymoron; we sold free-base

Galapagos4

Post by Galapagos4 »

In general (not just on this board), it seems like people are straining to like the Nas because they really wanted it to be dope (same as the last one), and people want to hate Jay but can't because he drops undeniably great albums.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Galapagos4 wrote:In general (not just on this board), it seems like people are straining to like the Nas because they really wanted it to be dope (same as the last one), and people want to hate Jay but can't because he drops undeniably great albums.
Word word word.

Choke

Post by Choke »

The Bza wrote:
Quotashun wrote:the black album, easily.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

The Black Album fo sho.

Once I listened to it a few times its really dope. Personally Jigga mops the floor with Nas at the moment.

Nacho Vidal

Post by Nacho Vidal »

Funk Docta Bombay wrote: however, the Nas-Jay-Z rule of averages is in full effect: Jay has the better album, Nas' best songs kills Jigga's.
I agree with this statement in general. But staying on topic, exactly which songs on Street's Disciple, in your opinion, are better than "Threat", "Public Service Announcment", "Lucifer" or "99 Problems"?

Funk Docta Bombay
Head Cynic In Charge
Location: Fuck You, Fuck You, You're cool, and fuck you I'm out.

Post by Funk Docta Bombay »

Sizzla wrote:
Funk Docta Bombay wrote: however, the Nas-Jay-Z rule of averages is in full effect: Jay has the better album, Nas' best songs kills Jigga's.
I agree with this statement in general. But staying on topic, exactly which songs on Street's Disciple, in your opinion, are better than "Threat", "Public Service Announcment", "Lucifer" or "99 Problems"?
Thiefs Theme
Streets Disciple
A Message to the Feds
Nazareth Savage
Disciple
Rest of my Life (which is seriously slept on.)

are my picks. I prefer a lot of songs on Streets Disciple to most of those though, I went with the least controvertialones. 99 Problems (and Encore which you did'nt mention) are hard to beat, but Thiefs Theme is still on another level. As it stands, the rule works Nas has more "outstanding" songs on his album.

ogice

Post by ogice »

The only outstanding songs on The Black Album are 99 Problems and Public Service Announcement. Lucifer is OVER-RATED.

The Bza
O.G. Status

Post by The Bza »

Icesickle wrote:. Lucifer is OVER-RATED.
That is true but not half as much as you over rate Nas' latest album.

Vice

Post by Vice »

I thought the Jay-Z/Linkon Park collabo was his newest effort. :lol:

I vote for Nas - Black Album was a bit to melodramatic for me.

SoulClap

Post by SoulClap »

Galapagos4 wrote:In general (not just on this board), it seems like people are straining to like the Nas because they really wanted it to be dope (same as the last one), and people want to hate Jay but can't because he drops undeniably great albums.
Nah that ain't the case.
The game is a oxymoron; we sold free-base

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Icesickle wrote:Street's Disciple get's my vote; because it can be paired down to a classic album if it had as many tracks as The Black Album.

The Grey Album, however, takes a dump on both of them...