2 new poorly done roughly mixed tracks to criticize

Post by Reason »

no bitterness in the thread title btw, more like self-deprecating humor

holla!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/reasonnrhymemusic.htm
Nets 2022

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

Just Won't Listen--damn this beat starts off quick. Drums are dope, and I really like that main guitar/harp sample. I dig the rapping, but the singing I'm not so keen on. overall i like this, it could benefit from some drum breaks though.

Not Chained-this is very different from the last one. the beat is nice, i particularly like the guitar echoes. the rapping is solid. good work

nice work man, i like this these two.

bizzlestiltskin

Post by bizzlestiltskin »

listening right now:

just won't listen- nice beat, pretty catchy, that drum loop is OK. cool song dude, not bad at all.

not chained--this beat is too all-over-the-place for me. you sound like a certain rapper, but i can't put my finger on who exactly. some white rapper, but a good white rapper.

keep em coming.
"I'm platinum, bitch. And I didn't have to sell out." -- Ice Cube

http://www.myspace.com/doledrums
http://www.soundclick.com/lilbizzo

agent b

Post by agent b »

:shock:

Reason is pretty fuckin dope!

Good work kid

pensive

Post by pensive »

just wont listen - not diggin the beat so much, esp the drums, just not my style. not diggin the singing, and you start of rapping a little shakey, but once you get going it starts to sound more natural...i dont really like your voice so much, sounds like you got a frog in your throat or something...i dunno, this was cool...lyrics were nice, except i didnt like the hook, ...sounds like you could have some potential tho...just needs to be mixed and shit to really see

not chained - you didnt really fit the beat as well as you did the first, sounds like your flow and delivery is alot more laboured, less natural...again lyrics are nice...

i dunno what it is really, either the beats or your voice but there is just something that make me not want to listen to your music...or maybe you just gotta get your shit mixed/mastered and it would be alot better too me...anyway, even with all the negative comments i layed on you, i can still see the potential, just keep at it...find better beats that you fit perfectly and can ride well...
like 3 day old floaters at the bottom of beer cans, this odor is life's way of reminding you that your lifestyle is fucking disgusting - agent b

www.myspace.com/pensivebeats

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

pensive wrote:just wont listen - not diggin the beat so much, esp the drums, just not my style. not diggin the singing, and you start of rapping a little shakey, but once you get going it starts to sound more natural...i dont really like your voice so much, sounds like you got a frog in your throat or something...i dunno, this was cool...lyrics were nice, except i didnt like the hook, ...sounds like you could have some potential tho...just needs to be mixed and shit to really see

not chained - you didnt really fit the beat as well as you did the first, sounds like your flow and delivery is alot more laboured, less natural...again lyrics are nice...

i dunno what it is really, either the beats or your voice but there is just something that make me not want to listen to your music...or maybe you just gotta get your shit mixed/mastered and it would be alot better too me...anyway, even with all the negative comments i layed on you, i can still see the potential, just keep at it...find better beats that you fit perfectly and can ride well...
lol, i was trying not to rap too fast or come off too hyped over the mood of not chained, and it ended up sounding laboured...oh well

thanks for the comments...everything is being noted
Nets 2022

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

pensive

Post by pensive »

ignore the rules by has...as long as everyone follows my one golden rule its all gravy
like 3 day old floaters at the bottom of beer cans, this odor is life's way of reminding you that your lifestyle is fucking disgusting - agent b

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

pensive wrote:
ignore the rules by has...as long as everyone follows my one golden rule its all gravy
word, ignore them if you want your shit locked like i locked pensive's. :grin:

pensive

Post by pensive »

Hasenfefer wrote:
pensive wrote:
word, ignore them if you want your shit locked like i locked pensive's. :grin:
its cool, if we wont play by your rules then has is just gonna take his ball and go home... i know you just jealous of my beats, i did in one year what you'v been tryin to do for the last 5 :wink: ....anyway what ever happened to that beat battle has? or whatever it was...i forget what the rules were...but im down still if you is, and you can remember...

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

the beat battle we were supposed to have, but you ducked out on? yea, i remember that...you've been talking about it for like a year now, and still havent posted sheet. bring it, don't sing it.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

do i have to quote my own posts i've made here recently regarding tayo's music and also a remark in the stickied (which is why you wouldn't have noticed) thread involving the battle of songs?
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

here are the lyrics

hook:

I
Nets 2022

M:akai

Post by M:akai »

just won't listen - you sound like del. cept less multi's, ur flow comes decent, the lyrics are pretty tight, and the beat's aight, i feel like it needs somethin more, and ya, a couple drumbreaks'd be nice, those drums were meant for brekin, not a bad track though, nice work

not chained, lyrics are nice, ur vocals could be mixed a lot better, and ur delivery on this is a little bit forced at times, as was said...the beat doesn't do it for me, sounds too much like a doom soundtrack song or sometihng

keep doin ur thing, stuff's not bad by any means

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

all about the mix...the singing wasnt any good, but your flows pretty dope. Definitely think that with more polish which could come in the next year or so you could be making some dope shit. The beats are alright, they have potential to be dope but i dunno the drums just dont do it for me.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

[quote="reason is yellow"]here are the lyrics

hook:

I
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SIR REEL

Post by SIR REEL »

Heard the Unchained one before, it's not really my style of rap track.
As for Just Won't Listen, you brought the heat. I was feelin this shit, just not the hook. I only gave a lo-fi listen being on dial up, but it still gave me an idea of what's good. Of course it could use polishing in the mixdown, but i think the minimalism of the beat works with the track. It doesn't sound cluttered, so I wouldn't add anything to that. Maybe just fuck with what you got and tweek it.

You def sound better with that fast rap style, where you're projecting your shit.
Beasy.

Nacho Vidal

Post by Nacho Vidal »

:shock:

This guy was/is a dope emcee!

It caught me offguard, cuz judging by his pictures, I thought he was the chow-ming-yao-ming-i-eat-rice type of asian. I should have known better though, since he's one of the more articulate and eloquent posters on these boards. His shit in pen&pad is dope too.

Don't sleep on this. Dude has crazy songwriting talent.