To anyone trying to get Pro Tools for their setup...

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Remo the Great

To anyone trying to get Pro Tools for their setup...

Post by Remo the Great »

Hi. My name is Godamus Rhyme. I am a producer and poster who has kind of disappeared from the online community in recent months because real life is kicking my ass something serious right now. Why should you care? Because I now work at Guitar Center. Why does that matter? Because you can get insider info from me. Here's my first nugget:

If you're interested in getting Pro Tools for your home setup, from right now till the end of the month, Guitar Centers across the nation are selling the MBox for $100 less than the normal price. For the regular Mbox the price is $349.99 and for the factory bundle it's $449.99. This is BELOW COST. Get the shit while you can. This is only going till the end of the month.

Also, because it is coming to the end of the first financial quarter this month, the bigwigs at Guitar Center corporate have ordered us to stop thinking about commission this month and just make the biggest gross sales we can. What does this mean? We have been ordered to take EVERY deal that comes in. Even if it means taking shit down near cost.

Now, every guitar center employee is not actually gonna follow this policy, but now that you know, for the next two weeks u can try to argue down prices till you're blue in the face, cause up to a point, you'll get the price u want. All hard minimums for Hi-Tech stuff (rec/livesound gear) with the exception of a few brands will be removed starting this friday coming up and ending on the last day of March.

So if you have money, run to guitar center this weekend and get all that shit you been wanting, but thought u couldnt afford. Good luck.

If you're in the Orlando area, come to the guitar center on Orange Blossom Trail (u can look up the adress on guitarcenter.com) and ask for Alex.

I got the hookup. Holler if u hear me.

peace :wink:
GoddyNoMore... You can call me Alex.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.
Alex Minor Dot Com - New name. Get Used to it.

citizen

Post by citizen »

i didnt know that one could argue prices with people at guitar center

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

citizen wrote:i didnt know that one could argue prices with people at guitar center
Price is ALWAYS negotiable, holmes.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

damn...my friend got his mpc from guitar center yesterday!

d'oh

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

damn. too bad he didnt know he could negotiate then.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.

reevolution

Re: To anyone trying to get Pro Tools for their setup...

Post by reevolution »

Remo the Great wrote:Hi. My name is Godamus Rhyme. I am a producer and poster who has kind of disappeared from the online community in recent months because real life is kicking my ass something serious right now. Why should you care? Because I now work at Guitar Center. Why does that matter? Because you can get insider info from me. Here's my first nugget:

If you're interested in getting Pro Tools for your home setup, from right now till the end of the month, Guitar Centers across the nation are selling the MBox for $100 less than the normal price. For the regular Mbox the price is $349.99 and for the factory bundle it's $449.99. This is BELOW COST. Get the shit while you can. This is only going till the end of the month.

Also, because it is coming to the end of the first financial quarter this month, the bigwigs at Guitar Center corporate have ordered us to stop thinking about commission this month and just make the biggest gross sales we can. What does this mean? We have been ordered to take EVERY deal that comes in. Even if it means taking shit down near cost.

Now, every guitar center employee is not actually gonna follow this policy, but now that you know, for the next two weeks u can try to argue down prices till you're blue in the face, cause up to a point, you'll get the price u want. All hard minimums for Hi-Tech stuff (rec/livesound gear) with the exception of a few brands will be removed starting this friday coming up and ending on the last day of March.

So if you have money, run to guitar center this weekend and get all that shit you been wanting, but thought u couldnt afford. Good luck.

If you're in the Orlando area, come to the guitar center on Orange Blossom Trail (u can look up the adress on guitarcenter.com) and ask for Alex.

God damn. I applied for that job (at the exact same store)before the store even opened and then had to move out of town.

Remo the Great

Re: To anyone trying to get Pro Tools for their setup...

Post by Remo the Great »

reevolution wrote:
Remo the Great wrote:Hi. My name is Godamus Rhyme. I am a producer and poster who has kind of disappeared from the online community in recent months because real life is kicking my ass something serious right now. Why should you care? Because I now work at Guitar Center. Why does that matter? Because you can get insider info from me. Here's my first nugget:

God damn. I applied for that job (at the exact same store)before the store even opened and then had to move out of town.
i earned my spot. everyone who got hired had to help BUILD that fucking store. I just got my paycheck for that time period. 80 hrs of regular pay plus fifty something hours of over time.

spearman

Post by spearman »

Remo the Great wrote:damn. too bad he didnt know he could negotiate then.
nah-you have to be buying a good amount of shit for them to give you deals. i doubt they would negotiate prices if you're just buying one piece of equipment-especially something as popular as an mpc.
this month the good luck's and big up's go to:
the san diego chargers and
kazushi sakuraba

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

spearman wrote:
nah-you have to be buying a good amount of shit for them to give you deals. i doubt they would negotiate prices if you're just buying one piece of equipment-especially something as popular as an mpc.
i don't know man, i've gone in while friends have negotiated mic prices, turntable prices, mixer prices and amp prices.

all are popular items, all were talked down. guitar center is home to audio used carsalesmen.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

intuition wrote:
spearman wrote:
i don't know man, i've gone in while friends have negotiated mic prices, turntable prices, mixer prices and amp prices.

all are popular items, all were talked down. guitar center is home to audio used carsalesmen.
Seriously, man. It is SOOOOOO easy to negotiate in there. Their sales staff generally sucks ass and can be talked down in about 10 minutes.