3 New Joints (Supa Remix + A Couple Beats)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

tayoisnt

3 New Joints (Supa Remix + A Couple Beats)

Post by tayoisnt »

www.zebox.com/tayoisnt

boombap's still kicking my ass lately. here are the bruises.

Supastition Remix - y'all aren't kidding about the bpm problems. it's like, mphazes original beat was sequenced up kind of, um, loosely. in any event, here's one of my entries about 70% done.

Hair Splitter - for to be rappeded on.

Broken Collarbone - ditto.

reviews coming tomorrow at work. thanks for the support y'all.
got more records than god.

www.myspace.com/tayoisnt is where i show how i use 'em.

Henessee Williams

Post by Henessee Williams »

you is tight dawg.
you wanna go bowling.

Im bout 60% done and im thinking of scrappin it. not really feeling it.

i love that girls vocal sample man.
to be honest, i think the beat outshines the lyrics.

step up step step step up step ahhhhhhhghgh!

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

man that step it up shit is nice.......I tried to do some low key shit but I felt it didn't really match the vocals good enough as far as feel but you've done it well....... I think I finally synched all that shit up just by cutting out every chorus and verse and moving them in place at 91.4 bpm.......I'll update later but I got my oldschool mix right on I think..... good work always enjoy your beats...........

nestle quik

Post by nestle quik »

the vocals is undermixed and way infront of the beat dog

just dont want u to shoot urself in the foot with some silly shit like that

its good man,good comp

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

killin it like normal. Love how the big bass drum on the step it up remix. Just need to get the vocals worked out.

props as always, get online too!

bizzlestiltskin

Post by bizzlestiltskin »

dope stuff as usual. i think you recycled a sample on one of those beats. i may be wrong though.

keep it up man. aint the remix a bitch?
"I'm platinum, bitch. And I didn't have to sell out." -- Ice Cube

http://www.myspace.com/doledrums
http://www.soundclick.com/lilbizzo

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

that 'ah yeah' really spreads over the track like some heavy mist, a good mixture of elements

let's hear it for 56k diesels

e-styles

Post by e-styles »

step it up remix: dope beat as usual. this could win the contest if the vocals were synced right. i think they are synced right at the end tho.

hair splitter and broken collarbone: dope chillout beats. the choice of samples, the chopping and the way you play them is outstanding. the broken collarbone would be hot with a good mc too.

i have them all on rotation right now. good work. keep 'em coming!

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

Damn... I dont mean to sound like an ass, but I'm almost glad so many of y'all are having sync problems. It gives me a better chance of winning :mrgreen:

very dope beat though. if you could get the vocals laced right you'd prolly win.

EDIT: Yo Tayo, is there ANY way at all I could possibly get Hair Splitter to spit to? I'd make such an ill song out of that. That vocal sample is driving me nuts.
GoddyNoMore... You can call me Alex.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.
Alex Minor Dot Com - New name. Get Used to it.

AzTeCk

Post by AzTeCk »

feelin the step it up beat, nice remix
broken collarbone is hot
hair splitter is hot too
"life is beautiful, it's just the shit in it that's fucked up"

pensive

Post by pensive »

man, i used the same sample as you did for ya supa track...grrrrrrr....you flipped it nice, but i think i did it better :P
like 3 day old floaters at the bottom of beer cans, this odor is life's way of reminding you that your lifestyle is fucking disgusting - agent b

www.myspace.com/pensivebeats

M:akai

Post by M:akai »

broken collarbone's dope as feezy, nice patterns man, got some retarded-ill samples in your collection man

supastition remix - damn, my beat's doomed, if you sync that shit up you'll take this contest, i'd only pull out the vox like .5 or something like that, this is tight, reminds me of breathe with that vocal sample and roll, not at all in any kind of bad way though

Hair splitter - fuck, your instros never cease to amaze me, this is dope forest toadstool type shit

ill

El Keter

Post by El Keter »

I dunno, I don't really like the drum programming or the "growly" bass part on the Supa remix joint. The main samples are fine and dandy, but there's no neck-snappage in those drums, and the synthy bass is just ugly.

"Broken Collarbone" is more like it. I like that shit a LOT. That's that perfection.

"Hair Splitter" is more of that good shit. Puts me in mind of Showbiz for some reason.

Operator

Post by Operator »

Hair Splitter is :shock: You are king of vocal sampling. Beat is dope. I hate you.

The sequencing for Supastition's remix just about makes it unlistenable but the beat is dope. And again, you and the vocal sampling. Very nice. Wow the changeup just came in.

Wasn't really feeling Broken Collarbone. (see: lack of vocal sampling)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 350 character limit.

Hiphopapotamus

Post by Hiphopapotamus »

fuck man. like always your beats sound nice. drums are swell. love that vocal sample.

mor

Post by mor »

hairsplitter is def fresh. keep it up
/MOR/

The Iron Sheik
Loves Watching Lean On Me

Post by The Iron Sheik »

Broken Collarbone - Your drums hit wonderfully hard, great chops with the echo, made for a smoother exit, really good

Hair Splitter - Sounds like one of the RZA's offshoots like Mathematics, great vocal chop, I love when you do the 93 shit leaving just the bass in there

Supastition remix - Hmmm, i should've tried doing this remix thing, I'm just pretty lazy for stuff like that. This is really cool. The way those strings come in is fucking lovely

Peep my Ciara remix, you seem to be the only one on the board who even slightly likes my beats, heh

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Broken Collarbone = certified banger

Hair Splitter = Damn....that shit is nice

Step It Up (Remix) = ill
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner