Never Again produced by Haddock Beats...

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Remo the Great

Never Again produced by Haddock Beats...

Post by Remo the Great »

This is a new track i did for a producer on the Neblina Records forum. He had an emergency need for someone to rhyme on this beat, so I did some venting for him.

http://www.godamusrhyme.com/audio/neveragain.mp3

Never Again lyrics Alexander Minor p/k/a Godamus Rhyme

Lemme pack my bags, because there
GoddyNoMore... You can call me Alex.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.
Alex Minor Dot Com - New name. Get Used to it.

Henessee Williams

Post by Henessee Williams »

thats a great song.

im impressed.

M:akai

Post by M:akai »

tight, nice work man, your flow's on point and everything sounds very professional (except that little clip on the wurlitzer or whatever it is at the start, lol)

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

M:akai wrote:tight, nice work man, your flow's on point and everything sounds very professional (except that little clip on the wurlitzer or whatever it is at the start, lol)
thanks man. all i got from this producer to do the track was the stereo file of the beat. only thing i had control over level wise was my vocals. i'm gonna be sending the acapella to mix wit the beat so hopefully that version will turn out better.

peace

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.

e-styles

Post by e-styles »

nice track and the beat is nice too and melodic.

about the lyrics, the rhymes are tight and so is the delivery, but i am not feeling the point. this is subjective of course, but leaving home to do your own thing is something that all people do, what made you write a song about it?

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

e-styles wrote:nice track and the beat is nice too and melodic.

about the lyrics, the rhymes are tight and so is the delivery, but i am not feeling the point. this is subjective of course, but leaving home to do your own thing is something that all people do, what made you write a song about it?
it's not just about leaving home and growing up. If you really pay attention to the first verse u can see that I was saying there was alot of drama going in my home. I literally cannot be in the same house with my family for more than a week or two at time or else we start going at each others throats. And my parents never want to talk about the fucked up shit that goes on with us. There have been points where me and my father have almost gotten in fist fights and the only thing that stopped it was my mom getting between us. On my eighteenth birthday after spending the day with my friends so I could actually celebrate it, I come home to him ranting and raving at me and making me feel like shit. He left me in tears that night and got up the next day and acted like nothing happened.

It was that combined with the fact there was nothing for me in Maryland musically that made me leave and promise never to go back (to live). It's not as simple as just growing up. I tend to be a little vague in songs like this cause I'm not always comfortable leaving ALL the shit that's happened to me out on the table for people to see. And look at the hook man. I'm saying "I'm never going home again." That shit says alot right there.

I love my family, but we get along better when I'm not in the same state.

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

really dope track man.

e-styles

Post by e-styles »

remo... your song is very personal which i like. my apologies if i hit a nerve, i've been through that shit too and i know what you mean. maybe you've been through a lot more, i should see it from a different perspective.

anyway, dope song!

Henessee Williams

i really like this song.
i'm feeling the chorus.

i would bump it.

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

Henessee Williams wrote:thats a great song.

im impressed.
Henessee Williams wrote:i really like this song.
i'm feeling the chorus.

i would bump it.
:lol:

Henessee Williams

haha you think my point came across?

should get some love ya know!

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

Henessee Williams wrote:haha you think my point came across?

should get some love ya know!
haha, no...it just seemed like you didn't realize you responded once already....i do that sometimes myself.

DeffEnders

Post by DeffEnders »

I like this but it could use some polishing. Beat progresses nicely and the melody is real nice but the pizzicato bassline is a little cheese. As far as the vocals...those are very well done. Nicely recorded, doubled up in the right places. The lyrics are well written throughout. Hook is delivered powerfully although there isn't much too it. Good song.

LiQuiD6

Post by LiQuiD6 »

this is a deep track....the instrumental itself is nice....the MC did his thing.....im feelin the instrumentation......shit is on point....

sounds very west coast influenced
The best hip hop producer you never heard of:

www.myspace.com/liquid6dustmightz

Nathan Blaze

Post by Nathan Blaze »

Remo the Great wrote: It was that combined with the fact there was nothing for me in Maryland musically that made me leave and promise never to go back (to live).
Damn.

That's fucked up.

MARYLAND FO LIFE!!!!

(cool track though, i dug the beat a lot)

nestle quik

Post by nestle quik »

he's right tho,evne tho im on the va side of the riva

he still a cashmere and kno's ballboy tho