Whatever happened to the compilation Sumone was compiling?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

Whatever happened to the compilation Sumone was compiling?

Post by TheEnglishProfessorGuy »

The one with only PF artists?

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

i didn't submit shit last time, but if the idea somehow gets revived i would love to submit my stuff. I think i've improved a lot since then.

still illiterate

oh yeah and for those too lazy to click, that comp died because of 'a lack of quality submissions'. which is surprising considering the talent on the boards.

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

still illiterate wrote:oh yeah and for those too lazy to click, that comp died because of 'a lack of quality submissions'. which is surprising considering the talent on the boards.
not everyone talented submitted something

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

still illiterate wrote:oh yeah and for those too lazy to click, that comp died because of 'a lack of quality submissions'. which is surprising considering the talent on the boards.
we have a lot of dope producers, but less than a handful of dope emcees.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

plus as you can see in the my two cents forum keoflux hates everything and he was the judge of what goes on..... Andre 3000 and Common could both submit tracks and he would turn them down....

KaeoFLUX

Post by KaeoFLUX »

Trademark wrote:plus as you can see in the my two cents forum keoflux hates everything and he was the judge of what goes on..... Andre 3000 and Common could both submit tracks and he would turn them down....
Whatever man. Quality control.

I worked closely with Has on picking tracks, and we did have good tracks.

We just didn't have enough of them. Jason, Has, and myself weren't about to put out something that either wasn't dope, or short as hell. The consensus was basically that we didn't want to force something so we put it to bed for the time being.

I would like to try again though, there is nuff talent here.

M:akai

Post by M:akai »

i vote someone organizes this shit again

Henessee Williams

Post by Henessee Williams »

im down.

still illiterate

M:akai wrote:i vote someone organizes this shit again
well i guess we need someone over in the pen and pad area to get some mc's, since that was the problem before. You know I think he's right, there are a lot of producers on here that I think are dope, but outside of the MC's Iwould know about already, there aren't many posters that I know MC.

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

still illiterate wrote:
M:akai wrote:i vote someone organizes this shit again
well i guess we need someone over in the pen and pad area to get some mc's, since that was the problem before. You know I think he's right, there are a lot of producers on here that I think are dope, but outside of the MC's Iwould know about already, there aren't many posters that I know MC.
the dope emcees dont post in the pen and pad forum really

e-styles

Post by e-styles »

why does it have to be just rap?

we can include instrumentals and scratch compositions and have an even doper album.

still illiterate

e-styles wrote:why does it have to be just rap?

we can include instrumentals and scratch compositions and have an even doper album.
I think that would hurt the continuity of the album. Unless it's only a couple instrumental tracks, interlude style. Unless we make an all instrumental album, but the demand for that would be much less.

But I would love to see this idea ressurected.

alpha

Post by alpha »

just an idea, since this is mostly producers who want to do this. you guys should get together and just put your own compilation together(ie remixes, instrumentals, etc.) and put it out on your own with a phila affiliation or none at all. i think illbeats.net did something like this.

citizen

Post by citizen »

alpha wrote:just an idea, since this is mostly producers who want to do this. you guys should get together and just put your own compilation together(ie remixes, instrumentals, etc.) and put it out on your own with a phila affiliation or none at all. i think illbeats.net did something like this.
i think if i had the knowledge or connections to put something out, i wouldnt need pf to do it, i think thats the point of the project is that pf has the ability to actually get it out and most of us dont, but maybe im wrong