General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

some of my songs

Post by Trademark »

www.soundclick.com/TheApostlePaul

they are all labeled as like "newalbm 1-5"

I'm not trying to make it famous or anything its kind of just a hobby for me to make music and I perform at events at my college and sell mixtapes for like 5$.........

enjoy all feedback welcome..I think a song I made with a tayonist beat is one of them.......

pensive

Post by pensive »

1- beat was cool...had kinda a weird vibe to it...bass fit real nice with the vibe of the sample. vocals were decent but didnt really do anything for me..breakdown at 1:00 i didnt dig.

2- beat was too sporadic for me. vocals again were fine but im not diggin the lyrics so much, just dont bring anything new to the table.

3- i liked this beat, had a nice vibe too it, didnt like the snare but other than that...vocals were a bit better, didnt like the effects on em and they werent mixed quiet right...hook i didnt dig, but this was cool...

dont have time for the last 2...but from what i heard, for what they were, these were cool...not my style but you have a good foundation to build on. decent beats, decent rhymes...just keep at it.
like 3 day old floaters at the bottom of beer cans, this odor is life's way of reminding you that your lifestyle is fucking disgusting - agent b

www.myspace.com/pensivebeats

bizzlestiltskin

Post by bizzlestiltskin »

#1: i'm not sure if i like this. it sounds really weird, way too synthy for me. i can't handle that much synth in one sitting. The breakdown is really weird, too.

#2: this is actually really tight. i'm feeling this beat a lot. however, i don' think that little part with the cowbell fits. if you somehow incorporated a doper part in its place, i would really like.

#3: I'm not sure if these "conscious" lyrics are really fitting for your style. This song sounds really contrived as far as it's content goes.

#4:This beat sounds weird. It has so many different elements that seem conflicting. Like that bassline sounds like a jazz line, yet there is a really synthetic vibe on the keys. I realize that you have linkin' park rapping voice. You sound like an angry white guy, not that that's bad, it's just not my style. I know a lot of people who would probably like this kind of music just because they like that jay-z linkin park collaboration.

5#Hmm, this song isn't bad. Got a really soft/heartfelt kind of vibe here. maybe reminiscent of something off Common's "Electric Circus." It's got that laid back, filtered and eq'ed, kind of vibe. Cool song.

Overall, like pensive said, I think with some more polishing you might be making some really dope stuff. I'd like to see more consistent beats though.
"I'm platinum, bitch. And I didn't have to sell out." -- Ice Cube

http://www.myspace.com/doledrums
http://www.soundclick.com/lilbizzo

Operator

Post by Operator »

1 - like the beat. changeups fit very well. i wouldve let that singing go on for more bars as the chorus. well done.

2 - haha i actually like the cowbells. MORE COWBELL. I know i've heard this sample before. RZA? i'm feeling this song more than any of the others i think. good overall.

3 - wow the beat is vicious. he's right about the lyrics not really fitting the music. i can picture some reminiscing, back in the day lyrics on this beat more than anything. but i appreciate the message.

4 - not feelin this one.

5 - FRESH. head nodder. chorus does not disappoint. i'm a sucker for vocal samples. good lyrics too.

Overall, i'd say the weakest part of any of these tracks is your flow. I'm no emcee but I figure that will improve over time.

Good stuff overall.

Peace.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 350 character limit.