IM GROUNDED, AND IM HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!!

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

IM GROUNDED, AND IM HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!!

Post by TheEnglishProfessorGuy »

Yea...not my parents, bitches....MY TURNTABLE!

For my ENTIRE beatmaking career, Ive been running my turntable into a shitty ass magnavox stereo. It had a place to ground the turntable, but it never worked perfectly. Some people can vouch for hearing a low humming end in some of the songs on my album "circling vultures".

I also tried at times to cut the humming out, but Id sacrifice lows of the sample of course.

Well...today...I invested in a Stanton SMX 401! My life has been changed FOREVER!

This thing is great, I can cut levels of the record BEFORE I get it to my computer....but whats even better is....NO UNGROUNDED SOUND!

On top of this....the guy at the store just up and cuts 75 dollars off the 200$ ticketed price! So i get it for 133.

I feel like Ive made off with a bargain, but I bet someone on here will tell me this mixer is crap....but hey, Im happy!

Edit: here it is http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=h ... id/630126/

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

Nacho Vidal

Post by Nacho Vidal »

Yo, Nygh I'm feelin some cuts off your album, man.

btw, is that high pitched flute thing on "Improvise" all a sample, or did u play the melody yourself?
"Word is bond, I am the baddest...and all the honeys out there, word is bond, you know my status"

M:akai

Post by M:akai »

200-75 does not equal 133

but congrats on your upgrade

citizen

Post by citizen »

looks like a decent mixer, congrats
i remember when i switched from this 1970's ish realistic mixer i had with my old belt drive table to an smx 201 and a new direct drive with a nice cartridge, there were actually parts within songs i could hear now that i hadnt heard before, i went back through a lot of my record collection and heard all kinds of new accompaniaments that i had never known were there

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

word. it's a pretty good mixer. one of my friends have one. i definitely dig the level switches.

da beatmonger

Post by da beatmonger »

M:akai wrote:200-75 does not equal 133

but congrats on your upgrade
200 - 75 + sales tax = 133

i need to get a mixer bad, im having the same grounding/missing sounds issues. right now im using the keyhole on the lock to my attick door cuz my mbox doesnt have a ground on it. :cry: