i suck at life

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

da beatmonger

i suck at life

Post by da beatmonger »

i came home from completely failing my math final yesterday morning and made this beat. i named it out of spite, haha. let me know what you think. i think i need to mix it again tho, cuz it sounds a lot better when i play it loud.

its the first one on there-
http://www.myspace.com/beatmongersproductions

and for all you myspace cats out there, friend a motherfucker, shit :grin:

Henessee Williams

Post by Henessee Williams »

i suck at life.....thats comedy, i always say that shit.
bout to scope the beat...

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

well the intro section was kinda sucking but it comes together a little better after a few bars there. there's nothing i can point out about it that's wrong or off, it just doesn't do a whole lot for me overall.

da beatmonger

Post by da beatmonger »

Hasenfefer wrote:well the intro section was kinda sucking but it comes together a little better after a few bars there. there's nothing i can point out about it that's wrong or off, it just doesn't do a whole lot for me overall.
whats sucking about the intro exactly? details would be nice so i can better understand what your talking about. thanks for the input.

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

well, the constant hits and the stuttered vocal on the intro without the additional instrumentation doesn't really work for me....it gives me a bad impression off the bat. once it all gets going it sounds more fluid and makes more sense though. just my 2-

bizzlestiltskin

Post by bizzlestiltskin »

yeah that intro i'm not really feeling either.i guess it's just a matter of taste here. I do like the beat once it starts going. the horns are nice. however, once the chorus gets going again and that stutter comes again, it kinda makes me lose interest. Less stutter, more of the beat!

america's passtime- ahh myspace and the flash player aren't working now. i'll try again later.
"I'm platinum, bitch. And I didn't have to sell out." -- Ice Cube

http://www.myspace.com/doledrums
http://www.soundclick.com/lilbizzo

da beatmonger

Post by da beatmonger »

thanks for the input guys. that stutter is actually a spanish song lyric with a little delay on it. i thought it sounded kinda cool, but im not really all that attached to the rest of the intro/chorus. ill prob end up retoolin that part a little.

Hiphopapotamus

Post by Hiphopapotamus »

yeah the intro sounds a little meak. i think the vocal samples and the rest of the stuff that comes in saves it from that though. it sounds a little dissonent on some parts, like some of the hits dont sound so harmonic. overall it's nicley put together. changeups are effective and play off well. good work.

M:akai

Post by M:akai »

overall it's not really doin it for me, it's not bad, just not my taste, the intro def needs something extra there or something taken out, the stutter just makes me nervouse

hiphopapotamus, that pic looks like there's 2 broads on the sides of the hippos head

just an observation :vida:

DeffEnders

Post by DeffEnders »

M:akai wrote:overall it's not really doin it for me, it's not bad, just not my taste
That bass is not right, tonally or pitch wise. This makes me drowsy. drums are mixed too low.

Not my cup o tea but some slight changes might make it better.