Nas vs. Karen O - "Hello Tomorrow" aka the adidas

Post by Wexford »

http://zebox.com/zeekwad

a remix slash mashup of sorts...

holla!

Henessee Williams

Post by Henessee Williams »

this is cool.
sounded like nas's lyrics were playing catch-up for a while, but good shit none the less.
keep smashing 'em.

Wexford

Post by Wexford »

Henessee Williams wrote:this is cool.
sounded like nas's lyrics were playing catch-up for a while, but good shit none the less.
keep smashing 'em.
yea... he's all over the place on that song... sometimes on beat, sometimes off...

Nacho Vidal

Post by Nacho Vidal »

Wexford wrote:
Henessee Williams wrote:this is cool.
keep smashing 'em.
yea... he's all over the place on that song... sometimes on beat, sometimes off...
dont fool yaself, he wasn't on beat besides maybe the first bar...by the time he hit "then prevail" you could tell the vocals were too slow.

dope beat nonetheless, but you gotta sync it right. the vocals bein off is like a whole instrument in the song not being played right.
"Word is bond, I am the baddest...and all the honeys out there, word is bond, you know my status"

Hiphopapotamus

Post by Hiphopapotamus »

i like it. mix is kinda loud on the drums. nice mashup though.

DeffEnders

Post by DeffEnders »

Cool idea. Need to tighten up the lyrics a little but they are actually pretty on. Not really a traditional mashup, you do a lot of nice chops and breakdowns in this. I know a lot of nerdy dj who would love to spin this.

Wexford

Post by Wexford »

DeffEnders wrote:Cool idea. Need to tighten up the lyrics a little but they are actually pretty on. Not really a traditional mashup, you do a lot of nice chops and breakdowns in this. I know a lot of nerdy dj who would love to spin this.
word... i definitely had the hipster geeks in mind with this...

but that's kinda my thing... sampling shit that most people wouldn't...

i've done beats around samples from aimee mann, vanessa carlton ( :shock: ), sarah slean, rachael yamagata, etc...

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

this isn't bad at all. but i'm not sure exactly what you did. did you mash it up or did you make the beat? i need to get up on my Dj terminology. but this is solid.

The Iron Sheik
Loves Watching Lean On Me

Post by The Iron Sheik »

i'm a big mashup nerd but the acapella is not close in any regard, way fucking slow. great drum work and i like your chops. when you have karen singing over the drums, it doesn't really work. it's almost like you just made a beat out of karen o's track and then was like 'hey, maybe i could put an acapella on it!'