My Supa Remix & 2 Others (Are They Dope??)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

KaeoFLUX

My Supa Remix & 2 Others (Are They Dope??)

Post by KaeoFLUX »

So, ah.. had some trouble with this one.

I didn't really have any time..

Also, it was wierd.. I made like 15 beats (no joke) that were doper than this one for the remix.. but only this one fit the vocals correctly.

Anyways..blah. Here it is. I've done better but its pretty hot I think.

If Supa likes it, I'll work on it some more maybe?

http://www.kaeoflux.com/StepItUpFlux.mp3

If this isn't dope, maybe these remixes are::::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.kaeoflux.com/DeadBabies.mp3

http://www.kaeoflux.com/KitKatz1.mp3

bizzlestiltskin

Post by bizzlestiltskin »

dead babies is tight though the sample is too recognizable.

step it up remix--the sample never really got me interested, though the drum and bass work is very nice.

kit katz-dope as well, sounds like a beat tayo would make for that girl that sings. i've heard this drum pattern used a few times, i think though, which sort of distracts me.

dope stuff though.
"I'm platinum, bitch. And I didn't have to sell out." -- Ice Cube

http://www.myspace.com/doledrums
http://www.soundclick.com/lilbizzo

KaeoFLUX

Post by KaeoFLUX »

bizzlestiltskin wrote:dead babies is tight though the sample is too recognizable.

well.. yeah of course it is..

just something I did for fun

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

i liked all of them, all solid

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

step it up remix could have been better. it sounded like the sample needed a little tweeking, maybe some chopping to be dope. but as it is, it doesn't quite grab me.

dead babies, eh, it was cool, but very recognizable. but cool.

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

i like your remix beat. that shit is dope. there's part of the sequencing of the sample thats a little wierd to me, but overall it works.
GoddyNoMore... You can call me Alex.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.
Alex Minor Dot Com - New name. Get Used to it.

KaeoFLUX

Post by KaeoFLUX »

yo thanks for checking guys..

just to clarify, Dead Babies is something I did just for the hell of it. I play it live when I spin out at clubs and people love when it comes on, so. word.

KitKatz is a remix I did for Growroom Records. I basically took the original takes from the vocalist, chopped them to create verses and a chorus, and made the song. The vocals were originally intended for a house track. This remix is one of about 3 or 4 I will do.

The Supa remix is admittedly wierd but I urge yall to listen a couple times. Not only do I think the pace and feel of the beat fit the vocals nicely, but maybe even better than the original.

Thanks
Peac!

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

i'm digging the remix....really moody and i do think the vocals match the beat pretty well.

dead babies....ha, this is dope. drums are nice and thick.

kit katz....this is tight too. that 50 ways break fit this perfectly.

M:akai

Post by M:akai »

the remix is pretty tight, the start piece where's he's doin the chorus for the first time needs something to fill it, i can jus hear some soft hi hat and ride work goin on that ambient kinda organish shite

dead babies is a nice remix too, i'm diggin, you always come with nice drum sequences and rolls and little touches, just a question though, what kinda clubs you play for?? i was expecting a banger or some ish

kitkatz took too long, mebbe i'll peep later, nice work though

KaeoFLUX

Post by KaeoFLUX »

M:akai wrote:the remix is pretty tight, the start piece where's he's doin the chorus for the first time needs something to fill it, i can jus hear some soft hi hat and ride work goin on that ambient kinda organish shite

dead babies is a nice remix too, i'm diggin, you always come with nice drum sequences and rolls and little touches, just a question though, what kinda clubs you play for?? i was expecting a banger or some ish

kitkatz took too long, mebbe i'll peep later, nice work though
thanks guys

I feel you on the supa intro. Like I said .. this was definately a rush job.

I play like.. lounge/bar dim lighting style clubs. I don't really spin music to boogie down to so.. I just like to create a vibe, and get hype sometimes but mainly play the backround on some cerebral type shit.

Henessee Williams

Post by Henessee Williams »

that remix is tight dude.
good feel, definitely compliments the vibe.

haven't heard the other joints....computer speakers.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i likes

young nova

Post by young nova »

wasnt really feelin the remix, it wasnt bad it just wasnt great either no flaws but no standouts it was just kinda there

DeffEnders

Post by DeffEnders »

I listened to the supastition remix 4 times and I think i "get it" now. If you cut out the first "step up" hook and let the beat continue to build then it would feel more natural. The shit you got going on at the start of the third verse should make more apperances earlier on in the track. Nice drums. One of the best remixes I have heard of this.

KaeoFLUX

Post by KaeoFLUX »

DeffEnders wrote:I listened to the supastition remix 4 times and I think i "get it" now. If you cut out the first "step up" hook and let the beat continue to build then it would feel more natural. The shit you got going on at the start of the third verse should make more apperances earlier on in the track. Nice drums. One of the best remixes I have heard of this.
yeah..

good points man.. its definately a wierd track.. there is this strange potential that it never quite reaches, but it feels like something really ill is brewing.. maybe I'll finish it for fun.

Thanks
Peac

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Drums don't work with the mix. Like the vibe. Bass is wack. Efx are cool.

Didn't listen to the others. Yet.

e-styles

Post by e-styles »

i agree with captin planit on the remix. nice vibe, i don't like the snare.

dead babies is nice, but i didn't like the mix. the beat lacks on highs imo.

kitkatz is dope.