give me some feedback on these two instrumentals i made.

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

brnfrzebreakone9

give me some feedback on these two instrumentals i made.

Post by brnfrzebreakone9 »

http://www.doom59.com/S99%20-%20Earning%20Rubber.mp3

and

http://www.doom59.com/S99%20-%20Erasabl ... 0Music.mp3

the first is more of a harcore vibe, whereas the second is more of a sentemental instrumental

Operator

Post by Operator »

yo, the drums and the bass are not synced. the tamborine in the left channel for example hits before the snare in the right. do you hear that? fix that. it's actually so distracting I can't tell what's early or what's late.

i'm feelin the samples on the second one. very recognizable break though. nice jigga sample. horns are fresh. yeah, the horns are very lovely. good shit.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 350 character limit.

Nacho Vidal

Post by Nacho Vidal »

woah your beats sound like a crazy collage of different sound effects...sounds like a movie soundtrack.

rubber - not feelin that bass. the tone of it is too rockish and the actual bassline does nothing for me. kinda soul-less and monotonous. the funky loop is not really my cup of tea either, or atleast it dont fit in with the other elements. drums is all over the place too...you use about 3 different snares on that. that's just my taste tho.

music - i could hear the yesterday sample. i like what you tried to do with it but it needs to be sped up just a smidget to fit properly. Along with the premo-like chops, there's a good rhythm here. I just don't feel it was executed all that well. you progress to some weird notes with that bass/guitar. i like it in a raw hip-hop kinda way, not everything gotta be musically perfect.

keep at it, b.
"Word is bond, I am the baddest...and all the honeys out there, word is bond, you know my status"

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Lazy. Badly mixed. Annoying. Blatant. Pretty bad, overall.

Henessee Williams

Post by Henessee Williams »

obviously this is sloppy, but this shit is tight as fuck.
not some played the fuck out chipmunk 90 bpm crap that you hear every wankster producer tryin to do.

be original, do you, and get better at what your tryin to do.......anyone making moves is bringing something new. not exactly saying that this shit hasn't been done but i like your style.

were in cleveland you from, im originally from the east side.

.... by the way i only heard the first beat

brnfrzebreakone9

im from chagrin falls actually, like a half an hour outside cleveland.

mor

Post by mor »

not really feelin how shits panned on the first. sounds are pretty harsh. the second beat is def better than the first, but yea that sample is played.
/MOR/

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

i like the rock type bassline. but i don't think it fits with the rest of the track. i think you went a bit overboard with the panning. it's cool have everything it's own space, but it should sound as one song, not a combination of two. the snare/tamborine thing is annoying as hell. I think the main problem with this track is that it doesn't seem to have any direction. it doesn't really go anywhere. but keep at it homey

tayoisnt

Post by tayoisnt »

you, sir, are a cocktease of the highest order.

the way rubber throws itself together like a fucking meteor learning how to dance, and then actually hits the earth like a ball of shit that a ball of shit shit 2 weeks ago.

jesus, but it was disappointing. how can you support a bassline like that with those bleating ass kicks? jebus. everythings a little offbeat too. back to the lab homie.

Sheet Music is a whole other kettle of tea. still pretty daggone aimless, but your moxie is silly, like jigga's flow. chopping up fucking yesterday takes moxie. and skill. but more mojo than anything else. props on the freedom. now make that shit shine.
got more records than god.

www.myspace.com/tayoisnt is where i show how i use 'em.

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

rubber-- well this is different...I actually really like those guitars you got in there... the panning is too distracting though. I think if you cleaned this up, smoothed it out a bit and added some BIGGER DRUMS it would sound 100x better. good start, just not quite there yet...

erasable-- okay these drums sound better. I don't understand some of the chops you put in there (starting at :27)... but that horn is killer. Again, with a bit more work you might have a winner.

just my 2 cents

Red

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

ive never felt so confused after listening to something......
ImageImage
ImageImage

brnfrzebreakone9

ha these arent really instrumentals, i dont know why i put that, i dont intend on anyone rhyming over them, there really shouldnt be confusion, just take it for what it is i guess haha

ClockWhy?s

Post by ClockWhy?s »

I listened to Rubber. I could hear maybe BusDriver rhyming over this or somebody who could come with some off the wall type shit.

Overall, I actually dug this. The music alone told the story.

Keep with it,
clock
Angry Irish Poets.