Let Me Live and Biter!

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Operator

Let Me Live and Biter!

Post by Operator »

I'm feeling prolific these days...how about we try something new...rank these on a scale of your choice (1 through 10, shitty through not so shitty...etc)

http://www.wingatealumni.org/Operator/
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 350 character limit.

Operator

Post by Operator »

I swear Let Me Live is good.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 350 character limit.

marinville

Post by marinville »

let me live:

sample is cool, could use a change.
dig the bass, but that snare is the antichrist.

biter:
really dig the main loop, has a real nice vibe.
drum hits are nice,
overall feels like it needs something else,

respectable though, dont know that I'd listen to it... but I can dig it from the perspective of someone who tries to make music.

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

let me live...this is pretty cool. the last hit of the bassline sounds like it's a 1/2 step too high to me...i could be bugging though. drums are simple but they work...i might have added another layer or something to them instead of just the straight hi hat, clap, kick.

biter is cool. digging the drums a lot more on this one...change up is cool.

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

let me live- I'm really feeling those samples...everything works well together but I think you could make the drums a little more complex. The clap sounds good with the rest of the beat, but I would layer it with a snare to give it a little more pop. nice work.

biter- this is nice, but I feel like its kinda choppy and all over the place...it took me a while to figure out the melody. This definitely has potential, but I think it needs to be smoothed out a bit.

tayoisnt

Post by tayoisnt »

let me live - man, build this bitch up!...if you add some knock and swing and guts to it, this could be one of those joints that'll make the heatmakerz that much less relevant. everything falls in the right place, thing is, not everything is the right thing, if you dig?bigger kick, bigger snare, bigger hihat, and you'll have a bigger joint. good base to move from, though.

Biter - ergh. chops for the sake of chops always frustrate me. this sounds like a kid throwing a cat at an asr and getting lucky. the mix is really quite good, so props on that.
got more records than god.

www.myspace.com/tayoisnt is where i show how i use 'em.