Opportunity

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Cryptic One

Opportunity

Post by Cryptic One »

go to this link for all the details about a compilation a few friends of mine are putting together, and i am putting out

http://www.redsecta.com/cpcompilation2005.html

direct questions to the e-mail

i will say this about submissions tho... you have a much better chance getting selected as a producer sending in a beat then a song... i have a bunch of "known" names lined up for this... and not just the people that im usually known to associate with... i wont give out names of any of the MCs that will be involved, so dont ask

deadline is the end of this month... submit up to 4 tracks, follow the directions on the submission page...

feel free to ask me some questions here if you want... but i might have to re-direct you to the e-mail... im pretty much just handling this on the label side of things, getting the MCs involved and judging submissions

(i edited this to make it a sticky- hasenfefer)

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

what? no agent b on the artwork? :twisted:

this looks like a dope idea, i'll definately be submitting a few tracks.

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

i wish i were a producer

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Hasenfefer wrote:what? no agent b on the artwork? :twisted:

this looks like a dope idea, i'll definately be submitting a few tracks.
actually he doesnt know it yet, but he might wind up on the artwork
Can-U wrote:i wish i were a producer

MCs arent out of the question... just easier to get involved being a producer... submit some shit anyway

citizen

Post by citizen »

sweet

e-styles

Post by e-styles »

man i'm fuckin broke, but this looks interesting

well, i am sick too for a month now and totally out of inspiration, but this could be a reason not to quit everything

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

do you want releable quality mp3's in the submission, or will a somewhat rough version of the track work? What i mean is, when the mc's pick the beats, will they be recording directly on that beat, or will you get back to the producer for the tracked out version and such.

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

still illiterate wrote:do you want releable quality mp3's in the submission, or will a somewhat rough version of the track work? What i mean is, when the mc's pick the beats, will they be recording directly on that beat, or will you get back to the producer for the tracked out version and such.
send what you want... basically it boils down to this... ill sequencing is great and all and a billion and one change ups are cool too... but we will just be judging on what we think MCs will sound good on (although we will have a couple of instrumentals/interludes on the final CD as well)... then once we get what we consider the best tracks together... we will start sending them out to the MCs... then from there whatever gets picked by the MCs will be on the final product

so either or... a rough version is good enough for me... but some MCs might want to hear a final mix... you be the judge of what you want to send... im a producer so i know what its like, i usually do rough versions of beats then finish them off/ mix them when i know they will be used... so as far as im concerned (and the 2 others judging) roughness in the mix will be overlooked... but again the final decision is in the MCs hands

and dont worry about being broke... no money is involved until the MC picks a beat...

i hate to be asking for money for things like this... but for us to realistically get the MCs that we are getting... they have to get some loot... i just thought it would be a good oppourtunity for relativly unknown producers to get a chance to work with some known MCs...

peace
cryp

KaeoFLUX

Post by KaeoFLUX »

word im so on this

ill email you

deadline?? (im so fuckin busy but im very interested in this)

M:akai

Post by M:akai »

i'll have something in the next couple weeks, dope idea !

and if there's eventually gonna be loot required, i'd probably be good for that (depending on the mcs involved of course)

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

KaeoFLUX wrote: deadline?? (im so fuckin busy but im very interested in this)
Deadline for submissions is May 31, 2005

Warcolepsy

Post by Warcolepsy »

just submitted 3 tracks....

another one i want to submit is in the works....but im trying to meet that deadline....

its called Seven

ft
Wargasms: Envy
Arsenal: Pride
C-Gully: Gluttony
AthenA: Lust
Warbux: Sloth
Naseous: Greed
Re-Up: Wrath

produced by Configa.

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

a little less than two weeks left for submissions

keep them coming

im going to stress the fact that beats have a far better chance of getting selected... no offense to the MCs, but the main point of this project was to get some unknown producers with known MCs

like i said previously, sending full songs doesnt knock you out of a chance to be involved... but it will lower your chances

beats beats beats

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Warcolepsy wrote:just submitted 3 tracks....

another one i want to submit is in the works....but im trying to meet that deadline....

its called Seven

ft
Wargasms: Envy
Arsenal: Pride
C-Gully: Gluttony
AthenA: Lust
Warbux: Sloth
Naseous: Greed
Re-Up: Wrath

produced by Configa.
thanks... unfortunatly the name of the compilation had to change (due to another producer friend of mine working on a record of the same name/concept)... but feel free to send the Seven song in anyway

we are bouncing around ideas for the new name as we speak

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

Post by TheEnglishProfessorGuy »

shit! the deadline is today!

Ill get my stuff to you cryptic...one way or another

edit: whoops, I mispelled today

edit edit: whoops, I was on the brink of insanity when I posted this.
Last edited by TheEnglishProfessorGuy on Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaeoFLUX

Post by KaeoFLUX »

Yo Cryp,

I fucked up the titles on my subissions, but I hope you got em.

They were:

SCI
Exxon
C.O.
Relbot

And I got many more.. I know the deadline is today but holler if you want to hear something else!

-Flux

citizen

Post by citizen »

i submitted four tracks, tough choices

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

thanks guys

we will be going through the tracks in the next couple of weeks

thanks for those that submitted... we have a bunch of MCs lined up... some that i think will suprise people

good luck!