FL help

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

still illiterate

FL help

Post by still illiterate »

hey I know there are heads using fruity in here. I'm having a problem with it lately.

When i export all the tracks from the mixer into wav files for mixdown, they come out really weird. The drums are way off. I checked the files and they all start at the same time, but it seems like there is a litle bit of extra blank space that sets the drums off beat a lot. It's really untolerable.

when i listen to it on fruity, everything lines up like it should.

Any ideas? Thanks

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

well my question would be, why arent you mixing down your tracks in FL?

still illiterate

Well for two reasons.

1. i just got some scratches for a track and i'm trying to line them up visually on the tracks. I find it easier that way with scratches. I might have to do it through FL though.

2. i'm getting the track mixed down in protools next week by someone who I trust. He doesn't have FL and the only way we could really do it is through tracked out waves. also the visual interface while mixing down seems easier to me.

still illiterate

anyone at all?

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

i don't know man, i never render individual tracks to mix. how are you rendering them? one track at a time?

still illiterate

Hasenfefer wrote:i don't know man, i never render individual tracks to mix. how are you rendering them? one track at a time?
naw i go to export, then click each individual track. It exports all the mixer channels and the master channel.

I tried to mix the stuff down myself, but I have way too much to learn. I had this cat mix down one of the tracks and it sounds great, but all my shit sounds muddy as hell.

still illiterate

problem fixed. i exported them again, and it's all good now.