Ciara "Oh (Cadence Weapon Smart Bomb Remix)"

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

The Iron Sheik
Loves Watching Lean On Me

Ciara "Oh (Cadence Weapon Smart Bomb Remix)"

Post by The Iron Sheik »

http://www.cadenceweapon.com/audio/Ciar ... Remix).mp3

i'll hit up maybe 10 other people when i get home from work, i think. i'm in that kind of mood. let me know your thoughts.
Last edited by The Iron Sheik on Sun May 15, 2005 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

really dark and gothic sounding...almost on some NIN steez. i think it needs some more variations during the sections...i keep waiting for it to build and it doesnt.

Henessee Williams

Post by Henessee Williams »

t u r b o

uber mega ultra t u r b o

The Iron Sheik

Post by The Iron Sheik »

Hasenfefer wrote:really dark and gothic sounding...almost on some NIN steez. i think it needs some more variations during the sections...i keep waiting for it to build and it doesnt.
i had lots of changes, but variations in what regard?

mor

Post by mor »

yeah i agree with it needing a simple build up. the synths are really harsh on her voice. i like her voice on a dark beat though, good idea creatively, just needs some work.
/MOR/

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

at times i think this is a bit too empty. then the synths come in, and i'm just not feeling it with the vocals. there are too many sounds on this. honestly this just isn't my style.
No disrespect to you or anything cause i can respect what you do, and the fact that it's different, but usually you're stuff is a bit too chaotic and harsh for my sensitive ears. so take that into account with my critique, i'm not your target audience.

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

The Iron Sheik wrote:
Hasenfefer wrote:really dark and gothic sounding...almost on some NIN steez. i think it needs some more variations during the sections...i keep waiting for it to build and it doesnt.
the intro and first section seems to build to me, but by the time luda's verse comes in it never quite grew to where i thought it would. i was kind of hoping you'd flip the drums up at some point and drop a nasty double-time pattern...but maybe it's just my producers mind always imagining what i would do. so take it with a grain of salt.

The Iron Sheik

Post by The Iron Sheik »

Hasenfefer wrote:
The Iron Sheik wrote:
the intro and first section seems to build to me, but by the time luda's verse comes in it never quite grew to where i thought it would. i was kind of hoping you'd flip the drums up at some point and drop a nasty double-time pattern...but maybe it's just my producers mind always imagining what i would do. so take it with a grain of salt.
fuck that's what i was thinking, drum change-ups. i wanted to keep a more militant pacing and have my drum shifts be in the form of random effects (echoed clap, the line of kicks). i feel you, thanks for mentioning that.

Henessee Williams

Post by Henessee Williams »

The Iron Sheik wrote:
Hasenfefer wrote:
The Iron Sheik wrote:
fuck that's what i was thinking, drum change-ups. i wanted to keep a more militant pacing and have my drum shifts be in the form of random effects (echoed clap, the line of kicks). i feel you, thanks for mentioning that.
I agree. I thought when Luda came in you were gonna just drop some grimey drums and bring all that tetinous bass to the fore.
I like your beats though, shit is real gutteral...keeps you on your toes.

skope my joints on here now....let me know what you think

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Whoa... I like this dungeon shit... but could still be murkier. Drum change-ups would be really appreciated. And I feel like you need some more life behind that stiff movement. The really plodding nature of the track is great, but when that's all you've got to offer, it gets tired quickly. Still like what you've done with this shit.

tayoisnt

Post by tayoisnt »

ah. this is that gotdamn.

the noises in your head make me nervous, they sound like they push you around, in front of things.

this shit KNOCKS though. seriously, i tend to chase the red, and this shit sounds fucking marvelous with a little extra buzz circling the whole deal.

the main section, feedback pulse and chugalug drums work really fucking well. but i'm with has 'n 'em, if the kicks started stutterstepping in spots, it'd be a-game material.

good money homie.
got more records than god.

www.myspace.com/tayoisnt is where i show how i use 'em.