3 Beats

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Hasenfefer

3 Beats

Post by Hasenfefer »

http://www.camp-hero.com/SumOne/70s.mp3 - full length track...still playing with the mixdown.

http://www.camp-hero.com/SumOne/Paris.mp3 - not quite a snippet, but not the full length version...i can't decide whether to leave it as is and find an emcee for it, or add a little more to it and turn it into an instrumental.

http://www.camp-hero.com/SumOne/Seasons.mp3 - snippet of something i'm still playing with.

The Iron Sheik
Loves Watching Lean On Me

Post by The Iron Sheik »

70s - I like the panning effects. Great bassline. That break is an old favorite, yes. The piano shit is kind of pointless for me.

Paris - I would love to rap on this, if you'd give me the honor. Fucking insane drum work, really beautiful, very professional.

Seasons - really funky, sounds like modern blaxploitation with some ambient orchestral vox, a little RJD2-y, i like it

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Has, you got tracks for days. I honestly like all 3 of them. My fav. is the second one and I'd love spit to it as well. You're quality when it comes production is nice. Keep it up.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Henessee Williams

Post by Henessee Williams »

1- great bassline, good movement and flow. i was lurching my shoulders forward on that shit.

2-nice on the ears, good segueways. you know i like those drum rolls.
could maybe use a dope breakdown where you just take everything to outerspace and then bring it all back for stove top at 7.

3- good. like the guitars.

all around tight, stay up!

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

"70s" = I feel like it goes nowhere. I keep waiting and am left waiting by the end of the track. Nothing feels fleshed and alot of shit feels unnecessary.

"Paris" = People've been dropping enough truth about this. The drums are lovely, both in quality and in construction. Could probably use some change-up love, but with an emcee on it, it would probably be unnecessary. Good shit.

"Seasons" = Yeah, this is definitely some scrappy soundtrack shit. Probably my favorite of the three. I love that underplayed shit. Everything works, but it could probably benefit from some more lo's. A thicker bass would probably draw tears from listeners. I like it alot.

2root2

Post by 2root2 »

70s. nice mood piece. i can see what you're going for here but the changes seem slightly forced. i would have half the number of changes take up the same amount of time.

paris. like the little vibrato synth (or extended horn sample) and the drums, but i think that guitar loop hangs around way too long. like a bad smell :grin:
i think maybe your verse should drop it back to the drums and bassline, and bring back the guitar with the horn for the bridge and chorus. just a thought.

seasons. sorry man, this is really nice and all, and your mix is impeccably balanced with instruments across the stereo image. and all your samples are pretty nice. but it's bland. i can't put my finger on it. maybe if you dropped the tempo by about 5-10 bpm.

wow, just looking back at this and it looks like i hated them all, i didn't. i really liked them for the most part (even seasons, still can't put my finger on it), maybe i expect more from you :lol:

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

2root2 wrote:maybe i expect more from you
Co-signed.

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

Captin Planit wrote:
Co-signed.
well at the end of the day i have to make music for me...music i like...and i honestly like all the beats i posted lol. you can't please all the people all the time i guess. i do appreciate everyones opinion though.

2root2

Post by 2root2 »

Hasenfefer wrote:
Captin Planit wrote:
Co-signed.
well at the end of the day i have to make music for me...music i like...and i honestly like all the beats i posted lol. you can't please all the people all the time i guess. i do appreciate everyones opinion though.
that's why i gave the full unabridged version, i don't see much point in just saying "that's dope".

in saying that, did like them all, but i hold you to a higher standard than i do with others. pretty much your own fault :lol:

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

2root2 wrote:
Hasenfefer wrote:
Captin Planit wrote:
Co-signed.
that's why i gave the full unabridged version, i don't see much point in just saying "that's dope".

in saying that, did like them all, but i hold you to a higher standard than i do with others. pretty much your own fault :lol:
Co-signed A-GAIN!!!!!211@1!@1

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

I think I like Paris the most. I could see someone rhyming over that and it coming out well. To be honest, none of the blew me away. I've liked other stuff much more. But I guess you have to NOT like some things in order to appreciate the others. :wink:
hopps wrote:i also think mindbender wastes way too much time on this message board. i think he should never come here again. seriously, man.

young nova

Post by young nova »

out of em all, i liked paris the most, but the samples werent doin too much for me, drum programming was on point.

DeffEnders

Post by DeffEnders »

70s - A lot of noise on the samples makes them sound distant, except for the bass which is a little too prominent. Kind of a conflicting feel between the bass and other samples. The dischordant piano sample is sweet but I think it goes on too long because there is a sound (like a muting foot pedal on the piano or a door closing) that is audible in the left channel and is a little distracting cause it is off beat.

Paris - I am gonna have to disagree with everyone else and say I am not really feelin the drums. Actually I do like them except for that machinegun drum roll which happens a little to often. Its kind of a shame too, cause it is distracting from the perfectly placed flute sample. I do like the panned delay you have on them ocassionally, however. Nice track.

Seasons - This is nice. Please add on to this and add a choppy change up with a crackin snare cause I get the feelin that is what this is building up to. The singing is on some lovely novi singers shit. This song has places to go, tons of potential.

Remo the Great

Post by Remo the Great »

I'd really love to rap on Paris.
GoddyNoMore... You can call me Alex.

The Beat Break - A Blog dedicated to Hip-Hop Producers, their music, and their tools.
Alex Minor Dot Com - New name. Get Used to it.

Nacho Vidal

Post by Nacho Vidal »

70's - Not sure what you were tryin to do here. Bassline sounds awkward, and the drums are too timid for my liking. This sounds very randomly put together, I dont like any of the samples you used on this. Not feeling this one at all.

Paris - Not something I could see anyone rapping over. The guitars are nice, but it's sounds like a sample I'd have fucked with in '99 before I realised that guitar strums dont suit rap music. This is done very well for what it is tho. Love your drum programming on this although I find the delay thing to be a bit played out. The end of the break is really dope tho. And I like those strings/chords/horns whutever they are. They fit well. Those from the original sample as the guitar or a separate source?

Seasons - My favourite of the 3 you posted. This got a nice mellow funk vibe...somone said "blaxploitation", I think that's a great description. Drums need something more, not sure...maybe something stylish with the pattern at the end of the break, cuz they feel like they're building up but never really climax.
"Word is bond, I am the baddest...and all the honeys out there, word is bond, you know my status"

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

And I like those strings/chords/horns whutever they are. They fit well. Those from the original sample as the guitar or a separate source?
seperate source...it's actually a pan flute soundfont that i programmed myself. thanks for checking.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Holy Fuck Paris is rediculous Im rhyming on it whether you like it or not.HAHA... so whats your deal why aren't you producing for more than the i net? or are you and I just dont' know the deal? but I cant imagine why indy cats aren't coming to you for production??? cause you got mad talent..........

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

Trademark wrote:Holy Fuck Paris is rediculous Im rhyming on it whether you like it or not.HAHA... so whats your deal why aren't you producing for more than the i net? or are you and I just dont' know the deal? but I cant imagine why indy cats aren't coming to you for production??? cause you got mad talent..........
CUZ HE'S AN ASSHOLE TO DEAL WITH AND WANTS $72,000 PER BEAT!

nahhhh... just playin'. im digging it all. props.
ImageImage
ImageImage

2root2

Post by 2root2 »

Hasenfefer wrote:
And I like those strings/chords/horns whutever they are. They fit well. Those from the original sample as the guitar or a separate source?
seperate source...it's actually a pan flute soundfont that i programmed myself. thanks for checking.
haha, soundfonts, strickly old school.

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

hey...

I don't really have anything more to add than what's already been said, but this is some damn fine work...I especially like Paris and Seasons. 70's is nice and all, but its not really my type of beat...not melodic enough.

Paris is dope, those drums are killer. I really dig that flute too. I'd definitely like to hear this w/ a dope rapper.

Seasons- This is probably my favorite of the three. I dunno, it just sounds great....very chill. I agree w/ DeffEnders that a "choppy change up with a crackin snare" would really help develop this piece.

tayoisnt

Post by tayoisnt »

70's - this one of the joints the world syncs up with. noticed my fanblades were swinging along with the hihats about 50 seconds in, and that headlights were sliding by the windowpane on every other gargle. this is a mood builder, definitely. good money homie. i dig how everything kinda stumbles into everything else. the wurly line is fucking cool as hell too. well done.

Paris - ARGH. you STAY sampling songs i love. jesus. the drums suit the movement absolutely marvelously, makes the headnod instinctive rather than appreciative. the every other 8 breakdown is cool as hotfuck also. had me freestyling nearly immediately. brilliant work.

Seasons - woo. that wahwah is fucking fab. nothing to say other than add that snare. like, a big, ugly, angry, fat, Biz Markie with low blood sugar sounding jawn.

always great listening homie. thanks.
got more records than god.

www.myspace.com/tayoisnt is where i show how i use 'em.