recommend me a cheap (the cheaper the better) mixer

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

waldo ptarmigan

recommend me a cheap (the cheaper the better) mixer

Post by waldo ptarmigan »

I'm beginning to DJ, and I'm looking for a mixer that is completely decent, but not over the top. Since I'm just beginning I'm looking to spend a couple hundred, but would prefer anything drastically less that still works relatively well.

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

Post by TheEnglishProfessorGuy »

there ya go

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

are you just mixing? or do you want to get into scratching and what not? if you're just mixing records any cheap 2 channel mixer will work...if you want to get into scratching you're better off spending a little more and getting a good mixer...otherwise you're going to grow out of your cheap mixer in a few months and be kicking yourself for not getting a good one to begin with.

waldo ptarmigan

Post by waldo ptarmigan »

Hasenfefer wrote:are you just mixing? or do you want to get into scratching and what not? if you're just mixing records any cheap 2 channel mixer will work...if you want to get into scratching you're better off spending a little more and getting a good mixer...otherwise you're going to grow out of your cheap mixer in a few months and be kicking yourself for not getting a good one to begin with.
I'd like to do both. Is there any sort of happy medium you can recommend?

e-styles

Post by e-styles »

take a look at stanton sa-3. it's cheap and it's decent.

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

waldo ptarmigan wrote:
Hasenfefer wrote:are you just mixing? or do you want to get into scratching and what not? if you're just mixing records any cheap 2 channel mixer will work...if you want to get into scratching you're better off spending a little more and getting a good mixer...otherwise you're going to grow out of your cheap mixer in a few months and be kicking yourself for not getting a good one to begin with.
I'd like to do both. Is there any sort of happy medium you can recommend?
try to get a good 2nd hand mixer...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vestax-PMC-05-Pro-I ... dZViewItem

Abinatra

Post by Abinatra »